Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why relegation would be a financial disaster. 10:48 - Dec 5 with 10232 viewsJammyDodgerrr

As many have already stated, we would lose so much income, but what is so damning is the tweet below.

He has posted lots else - but importantly, we are already making a loss, but we would lose about £6.3M in income from TV, and TV revenue currently makes about 47% of our income. We simply would be in a complete hole if we dropped out of this league.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Why relegation would be a financial disaster. on 13:08 - Feb 21 with 564 viewsEly_Blue

Why relegation would be a financial disaster. on 09:14 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

I think most of us are starting to accept that we may go down (although there is still hope) so I’ve started looking towards the positives rather than the negatives.

We could sell Bart and get Knudsen off the wage s I’ll and I think we could have a positive season without spending a single penny in new players. It would be good to end this endless cycle of bringing in six or seven players each season.

We’d have a preferred eleven that were our players and this may help us connect more with the club again.

I think given the young players we have along with those either still on contracts or with an option then we have a good core of players who currently won’t be on that much and you would assume as has been stated previously that our players, particularly those on high wages, will have relegation clauses where their wages fall.

I see a team next season that looks like this

Bart/Gerken (we will lose one of these)
Emmanuel - woolfenden - Chambers/Nsiala - Kenlock
Dozzell / Bishop / Downes / Edwards / Nydam / Lankester / Judge/ Nolan as a base for the MF
Jackson/Harrison/Morris/Folami as forwards

I don’t imagine many of that starting set are on huge wages outside of Chambers and Bart

Picking a starting 11 out of those should be quite competitive in League 1 and that is without any of the injured or potential out of contract players such as Sears, Ward, Skuse, Knudsen, Huws, Adeyami of which we will probably shift half of

But let’s not let facts get in the way

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Why relegation would be a financial disaster. on 13:13 - Feb 21 with 555 viewsGlasgowBlue

Why relegation would be a financial disaster. on 13:08 - Feb 21 by Ely_Blue

I think given the young players we have along with those either still on contracts or with an option then we have a good core of players who currently won’t be on that much and you would assume as has been stated previously that our players, particularly those on high wages, will have relegation clauses where their wages fall.

I see a team next season that looks like this

Bart/Gerken (we will lose one of these)
Emmanuel - woolfenden - Chambers/Nsiala - Kenlock
Dozzell / Bishop / Downes / Edwards / Nydam / Lankester / Judge/ Nolan as a base for the MF
Jackson/Harrison/Morris/Folami as forwards

I don’t imagine many of that starting set are on huge wages outside of Chambers and Bart

Picking a starting 11 out of those should be quite competitive in League 1 and that is without any of the injured or potential out of contract players such as Sears, Ward, Skuse, Knudsen, Huws, Adeyami of which we will probably shift half of

But let’s not let facts get in the way

I thought you were agreeing with me until the last line.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Why relegation would be a financial disaster. on 13:17 - Feb 21 with 543 viewsEly_Blue

Why relegation would be a financial disaster. on 13:13 - Feb 21 by GlasgowBlue

I thought you were agreeing with me until the last line.

Sorry I am agreeing with you it’s the other comments by league one that I am getting at, not disagreein* with you

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024