Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trains Sunday 09:37 - Feb 4 with 2078 viewsBontcho1983

TWTDers

Apologies if covered before, vbut who is risking the last train getting in to Norwich at 11.15? I assume 15 mins from the station may bepushing it given the strict no entry after 11.30am rule?

B
Trains Sunday on 09:41 - Feb 4 with 2060 viewsSitfcB

Get the 9:59 from Ipswich....

“We will be running the following additional services between Ipswich & Norwich; 0912 dep. Ipswich - 0957 arr. Norwich - 8 Car 321 (calling Stowmarket only) 0959 dep. Ipswich - 1050 arr. Norwich - 4 Car 156 (calling Stowmarket only)”

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Trains Sunday on 09:46 - Feb 4 with 2032 views26_Paz

They'll be a shed load of people on that last train, doubt they'd stop all of them going in ...

The Paz Man

Trains Sunday on 09:55 - Feb 4 with 2004 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Getting the 9.25 on the account my son is getting on at Diss. Gets into Nodge at 10.12. Plenty of time to grab a bite to eat before getting to the ground for 11.30.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Trains Sunday on 10:11 - Feb 4 with 1965 viewsITFC_Forever

Trains Sunday on 09:41 - Feb 4 by SitfcB

Get the 9:59 from Ipswich....

“We will be running the following additional services between Ipswich & Norwich; 0912 dep. Ipswich - 0957 arr. Norwich - 8 Car 321 (calling Stowmarket only) 0959 dep. Ipswich - 1050 arr. Norwich - 4 Car 156 (calling Stowmarket only)”

That 9.59 train is only going to be a crappy little train as well....

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Trains Sunday on 10:14 - Feb 4 with 1950 viewsReuser_is_God

Trains Sunday on 10:11 - Feb 4 by ITFC_Forever

You say that as if all the other GA trains are awesome.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Trains Sunday on 10:17 - Feb 4 with 1929 viewsSitfcB

Trains Sunday on 10:11 - Feb 4 by ITFC_Forever

Yeah, that’s the one most people will want to get yet they put four carriages on if?

COYB

Trains Sunday on 10:28 - Feb 4 with 1893 viewsuefacup81

Trains Sunday on 10:17 - Feb 4 by SitfcB

Yeah, that’s the one most people will want to get yet they put four carriages on if?

Thing is that it all depends on what extra rolling stock and drivers they have sitting around.

The 10-car Class 90/Mk3 sets are utilised pretty much to capacity, so there won't be any of those sitting around, and I think a four-car 156 is probably going to be the best they've got available.

Even if a Class 90/Mk3 set is sitting around spare, it may not be that the reserve driver(s) they have rostered for Sunday (Sundays are still optional working throughout most of the rail network for drivers) are qualified on 90s.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Trains Sunday on 10:32 - Feb 4 with 1866 viewsSitfcB

Trains Sunday on 10:28 - Feb 4 by uefacup81

Thing is that it all depends on what extra rolling stock and drivers they have sitting around.

The 10-car Class 90/Mk3 sets are utilised pretty much to capacity, so there won't be any of those sitting around, and I think a four-car 156 is probably going to be the best they've got available.

Even if a Class 90/Mk3 set is sitting around spare, it may not be that the reserve driver(s) they have rostered for Sunday (Sundays are still optional working throughout most of the rail network for drivers) are qualified on 90s.

They’ve got an 8 car on the 9:12. Just swap them around.

COYB

Login to get fewer ads

Is this the "nerdiest" post..... on 10:34 - Feb 4 with 1864 viewsBloots

Trains Sunday on 10:28 - Feb 4 by uefacup81

....in the history of TWTD?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Trains Sunday on 10:38 - Feb 4 with 1845 viewsITFC_Forever

Trains Sunday on 10:14 - Feb 4 by Reuser_is_God

You say that as if all the other GA trains are awesome.

Can't beat a good old slam-door Inter City train.

If only the 125s ran in East Anglia. Now that's a proper train.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Trains Sunday on 10:40 - Feb 4 with 1843 viewsBasuco

Trains Sunday on 09:46 - Feb 4 by 26_Paz

They'll be a shed load of people on that last train, doubt they'd stop all of them going in ...

I think ncfc stewards will be deliberately slow and make sure that some fans will miss the start of the game, they will then just blame us for turning up late.
Trains Sunday on 10:48 - Feb 4 with 1812 viewsuefacup81

Trains Sunday on 10:32 - Feb 4 by SitfcB

They’ve got an 8 car on the 9:12. Just swap them around.

Okay... now this is definitely going to be the nerdiest post in the history of TWTD...

It may be that they've got a driver signed on 321s, but the way in which he's diagrammed for Sunday would mean that putting him on a later working would put him over hours according to the Hidden Regulations.

Crown Point isn't a depot for 321s; they're stabled at Colchester. So the driver will need to have sufficient remaining hours to get the train to Ipswich, complete his working, and then return the train to Colchester.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Excellent work matey. (n/t) on 12:09 - Feb 4 with 1716 viewsBloots

Trains Sunday on 10:48 - Feb 4 by uefacup81

Okay... now this is definitely going to be the nerdiest post in the history of TWTD...

It may be that they've got a driver signed on 321s, but the way in which he's diagrammed for Sunday would mean that putting him on a later working would put him over hours according to the Hidden Regulations.

Crown Point isn't a depot for 321s; they're stabled at Colchester. So the driver will need to have sufficient remaining hours to get the train to Ipswich, complete his working, and then return the train to Colchester.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Trains Sunday on 12:33 - Feb 4 with 1633 viewsBluefish

Trains Sunday on 10:40 - Feb 4 by Basuco

I think ncfc stewards will be deliberately slow and make sure that some fans will miss the start of the game, they will then just blame us for turning up late.

A bit like last year when they left us locked outbfor ages. They wouldn't let me in until last because I was on crutches

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024