Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leasing Trophy 12:46 - Aug 22 with 6162 viewskizaitfc

Evans would have made more money had he included this in Season Ticket.

Would have seemed like a decent gesture at the time aswell

10,000 buying food and drink in the ground surely better than having less than 5,000 paying £10 a ticket.

Potential of having a decent crowd also would have brought more fans in and certainly would have been a huge plus for the players at the games.

Do think he missed a trick there

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Leasing Trophy on 14:08 - Aug 22 with 2325 viewsSouperJim

Leasing Trophy on 13:59 - Aug 22 by MrTown

If our local derby become Town v Norwich u21's it would be at our own doorstep for falling so far down the leagues.

There is no way you could argue that not turning up to support your team is a signal of "greater support to the club".

I think he's trying to say that the concept of u21s playing competitive fixtures against other first teams is a threat to the future of those clubs and our football as we know it. Therefore by not supporting said fixtures, you are supporting the club more than your attendance would.

I tend to agree.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Leasing Trophy on 14:11 - Aug 22 with 2318 viewsMrTown

Leasing Trophy on 14:08 - Aug 22 by SouperJim

I think he's trying to say that the concept of u21s playing competitive fixtures against other first teams is a threat to the future of those clubs and our football as we know it. Therefore by not supporting said fixtures, you are supporting the club more than your attendance would.

I tend to agree.

As I have stated, everyone is well within their rights of course to not turn up for the fixture for their own underpinning views.

There is no way that a first Ipswich game could be on and I wouldn't be there supporting the Towen.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Leasing Trophy on 14:15 - Aug 22 with 2316 viewsCheshire_Tractor

Leasing Trophy on 14:00 - Aug 22 by MrTown

But its Ipswich 1st team, our team.

I get that and I hope we win. I've considered going but, for me, the principle of not supporting the addition of Premier League youth teams to this competition carries more importance

I have no problem with others going should they come to a different conclusion.
Leasing Trophy on 16:45 - Aug 22 with 2262 viewsJ2BLUE

Leasing Trophy on 14:11 - Aug 22 by MrTown

As I have stated, everyone is well within their rights of course to not turn up for the fixture for their own underpinning views.

There is no way that a first Ipswich game could be on and I wouldn't be there supporting the Towen.

Do you at least understand the point we are making? This is about not wanting the football league, which works fantastically well, to fall to Premier League interests. I have no interest in seeing our club play Arsenal B or Chelsea U23s in a league game. It would kill the pyramid.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Leasing Trophy on 18:38 - Aug 22 with 2243 viewsthatdamgood89

I tend to agree. I'm a season ticket holder and would have gone had it been in the package. As it's not I won't be going to some two bit cup game. The group I go with are the same ...so that's at least 4 people not going. That's only £20 but add it up around the ground and it's a fair old whack.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Leasing Trophy on 19:22 - Aug 22 with 2232 viewsBerlinBlue

Leasing Trophy on 16:45 - Aug 22 by J2BLUE

Do you at least understand the point we are making? This is about not wanting the football league, which works fantastically well, to fall to Premier League interests. I have no interest in seeing our club play Arsenal B or Chelsea U23s in a league game. It would kill the pyramid.

B teams/Under 23s are admitted to the German 3rd division (although they're not eligible for promotion from it). We all know how strong German football is generally, and surely allowing B teams to play in the league has contributed to this and is therefore a good thing which could be adopted in England? The German league pyramid is fighting fit.
Leasing Trophy on 20:39 - Aug 22 with 2208 viewsCheshire_Tractor

Leasing Trophy on 19:22 - Aug 22 by BerlinBlue

B teams/Under 23s are admitted to the German 3rd division (although they're not eligible for promotion from it). We all know how strong German football is generally, and surely allowing B teams to play in the league has contributed to this and is therefore a good thing which could be adopted in England? The German league pyramid is fighting fit.

Every league place taken up by Premier League B teams is a league place taken from other football clubs.

Regardless of how talented the u23 sides are I don't believe League clubs should step aside so that PL teams can keep their ever expanding squads happy.
Leasing Trophy on 20:43 - Aug 22 with 2203 viewsTheBoyBlue

No interest in it at all. I don't care if we do badly in it. In fact I'd prefer that we did and get knocked out in the group.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Login to get fewer ads

Leasing Trophy on 20:52 - Aug 22 with 2198 viewsSarge

Leasing Trophy on 20:43 - Aug 22 by TheBoyBlue

No interest in it at all. I don't care if we do badly in it. In fact I'd prefer that we did and get knocked out in the group.

That’s ridiculous. I hope we win the whole tournament but I hope we do so by playing as much of an U21 team as we can in the U21 games, watched by as close to 0 supporters as possible.
Leasing Trophy on 20:55 - Aug 22 with 2196 viewsTheBoyBlue

Leasing Trophy on 20:52 - Aug 22 by Sarge

That’s ridiculous. I hope we win the whole tournament but I hope we do so by playing as much of an U21 team as we can in the U21 games, watched by as close to 0 supporters as possible.

Haha! Couldn't complain too much if we did it that way, but we won't and as long as we're in it, it is a distraction.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Leasing Trophy on 21:00 - Aug 22 with 2190 viewsMrTown

Leasing Trophy on 16:45 - Aug 22 by J2BLUE

I can respect other peoples opinions on the matter, and I can understand some of the other peoples balanced approach to having a discussion on it and I can see their point.

For me I can put it to one side to support the team.

But if all people feel a different way that's entirely their opinion.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Leasing Trophy on 21:00 - Aug 22 with 2188 viewsBryanPlug

Leasing Trophy on 12:51 - Aug 22 by PhilTWTD

I don't think you can do that. I assume the EFL takes a cut of the income from the games (if there is any).

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Leasing Trophy on 21:02 - Aug 22 with 2184 viewsJ2BLUE

Leasing Trophy on 19:22 - Aug 22 by BerlinBlue

I couldn't care less about Germany/Spain etc to be honest. I hate the idea of B teams and it really dilutes the brand having them included IMO. It's a good thing for the top clubs and screws over smaller clubs. I would like to think fans would unite and kill the idea if it ever happens in the league. I hope as many fans boycott the game against Spurs as possible.

Truly impaired.

Leasing Trophy on 21:04 - Aug 22 with 2176 viewsPJH

Leasing Trophy on 21:02 - Aug 22 by J2BLUE

I couldn't care less about Germany/Spain etc to be honest. I hate the idea of B teams and it really dilutes the brand having them included IMO. It's a good thing for the top clubs and screws over smaller clubs. I would like to think fans would unite and kill the idea if it ever happens in the league. I hope as many fans boycott the game against Spurs as possible.

Based on our ground capacity I would think that there will be about 29000 boycotting the Spurs game, if there isn't there should be.
Leasing Trophy on 23:18 - Aug 22 with 2144 viewsBerlinBlue

Leasing Trophy on 21:02 - Aug 22 by J2BLUE

You seem to be sweeping the *potential* benefits of B teams in the league as demonstrated in Germany - one of the most successful football nations on Earth - under the carpet somewhat.
Leasing Trophy on 23:21 - Aug 22 with 2137 viewsJ2BLUE

Leasing Trophy on 23:18 - Aug 22 by BerlinBlue

You seem to be sweeping the *potential* benefits of B teams in the league as demonstrated in Germany - one of the most successful football nations on Earth - under the carpet somewhat.

Not really. How does it benefit the lower league teams? Are you a Town fan? If so are you happy to water down the football league to help the Premier League?

Truly impaired.

Leasing Trophy on 23:22 - Aug 22 with 2136 viewsJ2BLUE

Leasing Trophy on 21:00 - Aug 22 by MrTown

I can respect other peoples opinions on the matter, and I can understand some of the other peoples balanced approach to having a discussion on it and I can see their point.

For me I can put it to one side to support the team.

But if all people feel a different way that's entirely their opinion.

Agree. Enjoy the game.

Truly impaired.

Leasing Trophy on 23:28 - Aug 22 with 2135 viewsSarge

Leasing Trophy on 23:18 - Aug 22 by BerlinBlue

What benefits are they exactly? Allowing B teams to play proper matches will only serve to encourage the stockpiling of players by big teams because they can just farm them out to the reserves. Currently those players go on loan to actual teams which at least keeps the competition level and quality high in the lower leagues. Not to mention that those league places will be taken at the expense of actual, real football clubs with actual, real fans.

All that aside, England has been more successful than Germany for the last year or two helped in part no doubt by the fact that the big clubs are having to either play their young English talent or, ironically, face losing them to German clubs. (Sancho, Nelson, Smith-Rowe, Lookman, Hudson-Odoi etc)
Leasing Trophy on 08:44 - Aug 23 with 2063 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Leasing Trophy on 13:59 - Aug 22 by MrTown

If our local derby become Town v Norwich u21's it would be at our own doorstep for falling so far down the leagues.

There is no way you could argue that not turning up to support your team is a signal of "greater support to the club".

Ipswich vs Norwich U21’s should not under any circumstances be considered a derby match. And frankly I’m embarrassed for any Ipswich supporter who thinks it should be

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Nobody..... on 08:48 - Aug 23 with 2063 viewsDubtractor

Nobody..... on 13:29 - Aug 22 by Bloots

....and I didn't say that anyone did.

But if people want to avoid all the prelim matches and just go to the Final that's up to them.

They shouldn't be mocked.

Not complicated

The great thing is, that we'll avoid that tricky dilemma for fans by getting knocked out in the first round anyway.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024