Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you prefer we went for it and risked losing? 07:01 - Dec 8 with 1826 viewsurbanblue

Bearing in mind that far too many draws was the undoing of Sunderland last season this current run is a little concerning. Are we too safety first?

The fact that three draws amounts to one win and two losses over three games I think I'd prefer we went for it, attacked more, and took the chance that we may well achieve more then three points over three games ... We are surely good enough.

It's so rare that we pour forward and bombard the opposition that I think I'd prefer the odds that we would win more then we lose.

Thoughts?
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 7:02]
Would you prefer we went for it and risked losing? on 13:37 - Dec 8 with 278 viewsPJH

It is simplistic but what we need to do is get a second goal a lot more frequently because two goals will win us most of our matches in this division.
We obviously need to be more ruthless when we are on top in games because against the better sides in this league one goal is not going to be enough for three points despite proving to be so against some of the weaker teams.

Despite having a good first half yesterday we could very well have ended up with no points at all but a second goal when we were on top would probably have killed the game.
Would you prefer we went for it and risked losing? on 16:10 - Dec 8 with 242 viewsBent_double

Would you prefer we went for it and risked losing? on 12:49 - Dec 8 by peterleeblue

Sunderland's undoing wasn't so much the draws but basically having a team that wasn't good enough. Once Josh Maja was sold and replaced with the ineffective Grigg they were basically relying on a 30+ Aiden McGeady to weave Magic.
Ipswich seem so much better equipped to last the season. Keane, Norwood, Jackson and Sears to come back. Young exciting talent in midfield and big strong defenders.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Lambert settle on a constant line up come February once we have put the cups to bed.

Let's just hope no-one does anything stupid in the Jan window and sells any of our better players without replacing them.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Would you prefer we went for it and risked losing? on 17:42 - Dec 8 with 231 viewslmfcblue

6 draws in the league.. we win 3 lose 3 we’d have more Pts says it all
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024