Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The answer? 12:41 - Mar 3 with 1174 viewsEyesyckle

So, it seems that most people are of the opinion that PL is not the best at getting results on the field, yet pretty damn good at doing stuff off it for example engaging the crowd, atmosphere, training ground improvements, community stuff, stadium upgrades, even his record in the transfer market is fairly good: KVY, Holy, Keane...

He also has a 5 year contract, and there is talk of getting a Director of Football.

Surely the solution is to promote him upstairs where he would be effective and his knowledge / experience can be utilised (he has shown he is good at that stuff) and then bring in a head coach along the lines of the ex-Luton guy to improve things on the pitch.
The answer? on 12:46 - Mar 3 with 1141 viewsBlueBadger

What has Lambert shown in the last 18 months to suggest that his 'knowledge and experience' would suit him to a job as DoF. I could see your point if you'd said 'marketing manager'....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The answer? on 13:00 - Mar 3 with 1085 viewsHerbivore

There is nothing to suggest that Lambert would be remotely capable of being a DoF. We're talking about a man who tried to sign Connor Wickham in January ffs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The answer? on 13:58 - Mar 3 with 1026 viewsSouperJim

I agree, Evans clearly wants someone to run the club for him and I think it's Lambert's off-field performance which got him an extended deal rather than our performance on it (but with hope that the early season form could be replicated). He's proven quite shrewd at manipulating Evans, getting the fanbase onside and reinstating the club's position in the community (although still more to be done).

He's certainly done a fair bit to repair the disconnect overseen by Clegg and Milne.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

The answer? on 15:14 - Mar 3 with 962 viewsBlueBadger

The answer? on 13:58 - Mar 3 by SouperJim

I agree, Evans clearly wants someone to run the club for him and I think it's Lambert's off-field performance which got him an extended deal rather than our performance on it (but with hope that the early season form could be replicated). He's proven quite shrewd at manipulating Evans, getting the fanbase onside and reinstating the club's position in the community (although still more to be done).

He's certainly done a fair bit to repair the disconnect overseen by Clegg and Milne.

...followed by doing loads to make sure it resurfaces.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

The answer? on 15:25 - Mar 3 with 943 viewsSouperJim

The answer? on 15:14 - Mar 3 by BlueBadger

...followed by doing loads to make sure it resurfaces.

I don't agree, the dialogue between fans and club remains much improved and I trust Lambert has a good idea of the direction we need to head in as a club. He just appears incapable of delivering that on the pitch consistently. The two things are not one and the same.

Moving him upstairs certainly sounds like a better option than paying him off. I guess it all comes down to what clauses, if any, shrewd businessman Marcus Evans put into that contract. You know, the shrewd businessman who has tipped best part of £100m down the toilet at ITFC...

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

The answer? on 15:51 - Mar 3 with 901 viewsBlueBadger

The answer? on 15:25 - Mar 3 by SouperJim

I don't agree, the dialogue between fans and club remains much improved and I trust Lambert has a good idea of the direction we need to head in as a club. He just appears incapable of delivering that on the pitch consistently. The two things are not one and the same.

Moving him upstairs certainly sounds like a better option than paying him off. I guess it all comes down to what clauses, if any, shrewd businessman Marcus Evans put into that contract. You know, the shrewd businessman who has tipped best part of £100m down the toilet at ITFC...

I don't disagree that he'd make a terrific marketing manager and spokesman. No-one should let him anywhere near the football side of things though.

The answer? on 16:11 - Mar 3 with 875 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sorry, I don’t think that’s the answer. We already have a DoF who, presumably, takes care of football facilities. The rest of the stuff can be done by Ambassadors or the PR team.

When he goes, he just goes. ME won’t act quickly on this; I’d be very surprised to see and changed any time soon. I think a lot of people might be getting a bit ahead of themselves. Although a further deterioration in results or increase in toxicity and something may happen.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024