Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour spending = bad, Tories spending (more) = good 12:18 - Mar 14 with 2207 viewsBrixtonBlue

Spending in the Daily Mail's article on Sunak’s budget far exceeded what it reported Corbyn planned to spend. Yet they said Labour’s moderate plans would “bankrupt UK” but that Sunak was ‘rescuing’ the country!

The loveable British press.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Labour spending = bad, Tories spending (more) = good on 13:23 - Mar 15 with 308 viewsChurchman

Labour spending = bad, Tories spending (more) = good on 10:42 - Mar 15 by Darth_Koont

The Mirror is also crap, yes. But the overwhelming media bias is a fair bit to the right and even the supposed centre is a passive uncritical conduit that just adds to the problem.

We have the least trusted media in the developed world because of this lack of balance and objectivity. Not just because a few papers are overly partisan.

Spot on - I think they’re all awful and I know how inaccurate they all are from experience. They are not helping with the Coronavirus problem either. I think the tabloids though are beyond a joke. They add an additional layer of lies/hysterics/rhetoric to it that beggars belief. They hound people to make stories too (thinking here of Caroline Flack and others). Of course 3 of the 4 tabloids I’m thinking of are right wing rags/potential bog roll in a crisis.

At least with the Guardian, Indy, Observer, Times etc they are readable and sometimes thought provoking even if I disagree with their opinions.
Labour spending = bad, Tories spending (more) = good on 14:04 - Mar 15 with 284 viewsjaykay

Labour spending = bad, Tories spending (more) = good on 08:23 - Mar 15 by sparks

It's more like there are overly left and right wing papers who push their own standpoint.

You've seen the utter garbage which also comes out of the mirror? A paper which the populace are free to buy if they choose?

whataboutery

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Labour spending = bad, Tories spending (more) = good on 18:25 - Mar 15 with 240 viewsjonnysuave

The Daily mash nailed it....

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/why-massive-tory-spending-is-different-t
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024