Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paint post boxes blue 09:03 - May 5 with 3296 viewsemmaroyds

There's a petition running to paint post boxes blue.
If Royal Mail can paint then gold for Olympic athletes then why not blue for the real heroes and heroines.

It's up to you if you wish to sign it.

https://www.change.org/p/royal-mail-paint-post-boxes-blue-for-nhs-staff-63c2da5a
Paint post boxes blue on 09:06 - May 5 with 1731 viewsElderGrizzly

Maybe unpopular, but we should stop with all the ‘gestures’ and just concentrate on supporting key workers by doing as we’re told and reducing exposure to the virus
Paint post boxes blue on 09:09 - May 5 with 1708 viewsSteve_M

Bread and circuses distracting attention from the failures of government and the challenges that lie ahead in re-opening the country.

Also, you've set up a new account to spam this?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Paint post boxes blue on 09:11 - May 5 with 1688 viewsSarge

Paint post boxes blue on 09:06 - May 5 by ElderGrizzly

Maybe unpopular, but we should stop with all the ‘gestures’ and just concentrate on supporting key workers by doing as we’re told and reducing exposure to the virus

This. I’ve seen planes painted in ‘Thank you NHS’ liveries. Who’s going to see it?
Paint post boxes blue on 09:11 - May 5 with 1693 viewsCheltenham_Blue

This

My wife is a sister on a respiratory ward. We're appreciative of these things, but neither she nor I really want her to be supported by clapping or blue phone boxes.

She would much rather people stay in and follow the guidance on social distancing.

If you really want to support NHS staff, sign every petition you see calling for better wages and working conditions, which can be pretty sh it for Nurses and Doctors.
[Post edited 5 May 2020 9:12]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Paint post boxes blue on 09:13 - May 5 with 1673 viewsfooters

You can thank the NHS and other key workers by voting Labour at the next election.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Paint post boxes blue on 09:15 - May 5 with 1663 viewsuefacup81

Paint post boxes blue on 09:09 - May 5 by Steve_M

Bread and circuses distracting attention from the failures of government and the challenges that lie ahead in re-opening the country.

Also, you've set up a new account to spam this?

Sure, we could pay NHS staff and other frontline workers a wage befitting their value to society, or you could trade it all for a couple of shiny blue post-boxes:

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Paint post boxes blue on 09:16 - May 5 with 1657 viewsfooters

Paint post boxes blue on 09:15 - May 5 by uefacup81

Sure, we could pay NHS staff and other frontline workers a wage befitting their value to society, or you could trade it all for a couple of shiny blue post-boxes:

THE BOX, THE BOX!

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Paint post boxes blue on 09:33 - May 5 with 1601 viewsflimflam

A good friend is a nurse at BSE and said the last 4 weeks he has been mostly kicking his heels with not much to do.

Another friend who works for a software company supplying and supporting Hospital, Police, local gov, NHS Trusts and even the HOP I.T systems is absolutely rushed off his feet and working late nights most nights and weekends.

The front line staff are doing a fantastic job but the supply chain to keep things running goes far deeper than the frontline workers.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Login to get fewer ads

Paint post boxes blue on 09:48 - May 5 with 1569 viewsTractorWood

Paint post boxes blue on 09:15 - May 5 by uefacup81

'Sure the boat is a boat, but the box could be anything, it could even be a boat, you know how much we've wanted one of those'.

Peter Griffin.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Paint post boxes blue on 10:08 - May 5 with 1539 viewsmonytowbray

Conservative voters can't clap the blood off their hands and they can't paint over the blood either.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Paint post boxes blue on 10:16 - May 5 with 1517 viewsemmaroyds

Paint post boxes blue on 10:08 - May 5 by monytowbray

Conservative voters can't clap the blood off their hands and they can't paint over the blood either.

Oh well, I wasn't trolling neither am I a Tory. (Very far from it)

I used to be on here a few years ago but decided to leave because of trolls and abuse. Things have changed for the better on here so I thought I'd make a return.
Paint post boxes blue on 10:22 - May 5 with 1498 viewsgordon

Treating our national health service as a charity is f*cking pathetic.
Paint post boxes blue on 10:26 - May 5 with 1487 viewsmonytowbray

Paint post boxes blue on 10:16 - May 5 by emmaroyds

Oh well, I wasn't trolling neither am I a Tory. (Very far from it)

I used to be on here a few years ago but decided to leave because of trolls and abuse. Things have changed for the better on here so I thought I'd make a return.

I don't think anyone is accusing you of either, but it is very easy for everyday folk (particularly those apolitical or with voting records they may not want to face up to) to fall into the distraction narrative.

TWTD never forgets…

Paint post boxes blue on 10:26 - May 5 with 1484 viewsmonytowbray

Paint post boxes blue on 10:22 - May 5 by gordon

Treating our national health service as a charity is f*cking pathetic.

TWTD never forgets…

Paint post boxes blue on 10:27 - May 5 with 1481 viewsSwansea_Blue

This^

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Paint post boxes blue on 10:31 - May 5 with 1468 viewsgiant_stow

Paint post boxes blue on 09:11 - May 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

This

My wife is a sister on a respiratory ward. We're appreciative of these things, but neither she nor I really want her to be supported by clapping or blue phone boxes.

She would much rather people stay in and follow the guidance on social distancing.

If you really want to support NHS staff, sign every petition you see calling for better wages and working conditions, which can be pretty sh it for Nurses and Doctors.
[Post edited 5 May 2020 9:12]

This is exactly what I've heard from people working in the NHS too. Universally so.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Paint post boxes blue on 10:36 - May 5 with 1441 viewsLibero

Yep, I'm in absolute agreement and I often find that most weeks when I hear the saucepans clanging for keyworkers and I give a little clap I have a little wonder to myself about if when this is all over there will be any kind of change in how these people are treated by society both in financial remuneration and respect.

I really hope there will be a societal shift but the cynic in me say's that these 'gestures' are probably as close as we're going to get to any kind of acknowledgement or change.
Paint post boxes blue on 10:37 - May 5 with 1437 viewsSwansea_Blue

Paint post boxes blue on 10:36 - May 5 by Libero

Yep, I'm in absolute agreement and I often find that most weeks when I hear the saucepans clanging for keyworkers and I give a little clap I have a little wonder to myself about if when this is all over there will be any kind of change in how these people are treated by society both in financial remuneration and respect.

I really hope there will be a societal shift but the cynic in me say's that these 'gestures' are probably as close as we're going to get to any kind of acknowledgement or change.

Sadly, I think you're right.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Paint post boxes blue on 10:40 - May 5 with 1425 viewsmonytowbray

Paint post boxes blue on 10:08 - May 5 by monytowbray

Abuse reported.

At least 5 years of warnings the NHS is underfunded, cheering pay freezes for front line workers and children living below the poverty line comes to a head.

And the best response is "Abuse reported".

God forbid this country connects the dots, owns their sh1t and takes responsibility for how they vote.

TWTD never forgets…

Paint post boxes blue on 10:40 - May 5 with 1413 viewsLibero

Paint post boxes blue on 10:37 - May 5 by Swansea_Blue

Sadly, I think you're right.

I'm very proud to be working for a superb cooperative that is still supporting disabled people despite the challenging circumstances. I speak to support workers every day who are going above and beyond and adapting to new challenges and putting their own personal fears and feelings aside to make sure that the vulnerable are given the care they need.

It just kind of sucks to think that there are people out there who are on furlough on 80% of their wage right now who will still be earning more than them...
Paint post boxes blue on 10:48 - May 5 with 1390 viewsChutney

Ridiculous suggestion and huge waste of money.
Paint post boxes blue on 11:54 - May 5 with 1312 viewsfactual_blue

Paint post boxes blue on 10:36 - May 5 by Libero

Members of the Cabinet are careful not to offer anything but increasingly meaningless thanks to 'key workers'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Paint post boxes blue on 11:55 - May 5 with 1301 viewsfactual_blue

Paint post boxes blue on 09:11 - May 5 by Sarge

This. I’ve seen planes painted in ‘Thank you NHS’ liveries. Who’s going to see it?

You've seen it.

Everybody else who watches the news sees it.

That's why they do it.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Paint post boxes blue on 11:57 - May 5 with 1288 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Very popular. Enough of the virtuous cr@p. Get the cancer patients back into hospital and treated

Keep the post boxes red.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Paint post boxes blue on 11:58 - May 5 with 1295 viewsPinewoodblue

Paint post boxes blue on 10:40 - May 5 by monytowbray

Abuse reported.

At least 5 years of warnings the NHS is underfunded, cheering pay freezes for front line workers and children living below the poverty line comes to a head.

And the best response is "Abuse reported".

God forbid this country connects the dots, owns their sh1t and takes responsibility for how they vote.

Can understand someone finding it abusive, if you can’t then you have a problem.

PS it wasn’t me.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024