Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Captain 13:23 - Jun 10 with 6756 viewstrent_blue

It feels like we need to start next season with a fresh start, whilst it seems Lambert is staying, we can change the Captain. Current leaders have been good survants to the club, Skuse & Chambers need to really be focusing on their own performances and getting in the team for me.

This makes me think Downes should be captain, he’s the first name on the team sheet and also gives him a good reason to stay with us and lift two trophy’s! Fingers crossed.
New Captain on 18:44 - Jun 11 with 572 viewsMach_foreignBlue

New Captain on 18:42 - Jun 11 by Herbivore

I will, thanks. Venerating is probably a bit strong though, appreciating would be more accurate and more fitting.

Do what you want. Simple. Your personal choice. Nowt to do with me.
New Captain on 18:48 - Jun 11 with 563 viewsHerbivore

New Captain on 18:44 - Jun 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

Quite so.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

New Captain on 18:55 - Jun 11 with 549 viewsShawsey

New Captain on 18:44 - Jun 11 by Mach_foreignBlue

Now, now children, play nicely.
New Captain on 18:58 - Jun 11 with 531 viewsKeaneish

New Captain on 14:22 - Jun 10 by JammyDodgerrr

Removing the current captain and vice-captain will have a much worse effect than a new captain(one with no experience!) whilst the others are still in the dressing room, will bring.

It makes 0 sense to not keep Chambers as Captain. He is a great leader.

In Football Manager, yes, not in professional football. Something needs to change and although Chambers and Skuse should very much be involved, it’s time to pass the baton. Downes is a shoe-in for me and added incentive for him to stay, which we’ll likely need.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

New Captain on 20:54 - Jun 11 with 490 viewsistanblue

Personally I wouldn't call Skuse a 'leader'. A good influence on younger players maybe, but certainly not a leader. Chambers, despite what you say, is a good captain and should definitely retain the captaincy going forward. He's also better than Wilson, Ndaba, Donacien and Nsiala and therefore deserves a place in the XI.

The problem as I see it is the the real lack of alternatives to Chambers. We should have a good core of resolute players throughout the team - we don't, and we haven't for years. Why can't players like Freddie Sears, with all his years of Championship experience, step up? Or players like Huws and Judge who are full internationals? That for me is the bigger worry.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024