Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good win, poor performance 17:05 - Oct 17 with 6546 viewsBluefish

We will keep ignoring that until it is too late again though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Good win, poor performance on 17:27 - Oct 17 with 737 viewsSomethingBlue

Good win, poor performance on 17:19 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

Put simply, if Mick delivered that performance there would be uproar but that was a textbook Lambert performance.

I see you though, you won't have him criticised just like through his whole time at the club. When we limped down in last place or when we finished 11th in division 3

The problem there is that I criticised him massively when it went wrong last season. Do better.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Good win, poor performance on 17:28 - Oct 17 with 732 viewsArnieM

Slow start by Town today, but different second half and well in control I thought. I thought some of the forward balls by Chambers today were excellent. Whilst Holly’s handling was sound . Think he did one error of just gem et in first half but overall looked unchallenged.

Well played lads, let’s keep this going.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Good win, poor performance on 17:28 - Oct 17 with 732 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Really? We all already know about your feelings towards Lambert, but we won against a side tipped for top 6, so a little happiness would be allowed. Go on, treat yourself.
Good win, poor performance on 17:29 - Oct 17 with 728 viewsSpruceMoose

Good win, poor performance on 17:16 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

Not sure there is any point trying to go through it with you

We clearly have problems in the final 3rd. It has been there all season and we are trying anything to make it work by moving the same player round. We are winning games but at least 3 games have been a complete slog

The echo chamber of this place doesn't want to hear that though just like they didn't want to hear it last season

I think people just don't really want to hear from you to be honest. You're the Hampstead of football related posts. But like Hampstead, you can't see that.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Good win, poor performance on 17:31 - Oct 17 with 716 viewsBasuco

Good win, poor performance on 17:27 - Oct 17 by SomethingBlue

The problem there is that I criticised him massively when it went wrong last season. Do better.

And a lot of us did as well, but today Lambert completely turned it around at half time, something that was sadly missing last season.
Good win, poor performance on 17:32 - Oct 17 with 704 viewsBluefish

Good win, poor performance on 17:27 - Oct 17 by SomethingBlue

You didn't. Do better

Good win, poor performance on 17:33 - Oct 17 with 699 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Good win, poor performance on 17:12 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

I don't expect to sack him now while top but he should be firmly in last chance saloon, final written warning territory and shouldn't still be here. It is obvious that he still is not good enough especially for the ridiculous salary (he is given the allowances of a novice). Waiting until it is too late again could mean we never return due to the salary caps for next year

Sorry mate, but if this is just to say "I told you so" a bit further down the line, then it is desperate at best. Give it up dude.
Good win, poor performance on 17:35 - Oct 17 with 684 viewsBluefish

Good win, poor performance on 17:33 - Oct 17 by IpswichBoyBlue

Sorry mate, but if this is just to say "I told you so" a bit further down the line, then it is desperate at best. Give it up dude.

Erm no it is because I don't want to sleepwalk into the shambles of last season again....or the season before. Keep happy clapping though while watching that dross again

Login to get fewer ads

Good win, poor performance on 17:35 - Oct 17 with 682 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Good win, poor performance on 17:15 - Oct 17 by SomethingBlue

I see you - you're going to set impossible standards this season, however we do, so that you can't ever be wrong.

He will not back Lambert until we are 10th or better in the Championship. Sad really, but he is what he is.
Good win, poor performance on 17:36 - Oct 17 with 678 viewslazyblue

Wasn’t poor and only one team was going to win it and we did.
Good win, poor performance on 17:37 - Oct 17 with 673 viewsSpruceMoose

Good win, poor performance on 17:35 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

Erm no it is because I don't want to sleepwalk into the shambles of last season again....or the season before. Keep happy clapping though while watching that dross again

This is a new approach vector for the quarterly Bluefish meltdown and strop off. I for one am interested to see how this meltdown plays out. It'll have to be something special to top potato-gate though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Good win, poor performance on 17:41 - Oct 17 with 652 viewsjayessess

Fair play, I've not forgiven him for the last 2 seasons either, but reckon I might at least pause moaning about it until we've lost at least 1 league game. Precious few pleasures in life if you can't even take the small ones that are presented to you.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Good win, poor performance on 17:41 - Oct 17 with 649 viewsBlueShark

Bluefish, please go and fish somewhere else.
Good win, poor performance on 17:41 - Oct 17 with 647 viewsSomethingBlue

Good win, poor performance on 17:32 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

You didn't. Do better

Have a day off mate, you're making an absolute idiot of yourself.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Good win, poor performance on 17:42 - Oct 17 with 635 viewsTheBoyBlue

First half was poor and it worries me that Lambert thought that playing the front 3 in that order was ever going to work, but the second was good. Still too many chances from the opposition, albeit from distance, but pleased with that.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Good win, poor performance on 17:44 - Oct 17 with 622 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Good win, poor performance on 17:35 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

Lambert has shown in the first few games of the new season, that he might just have learnt from last, so why not wait until a crap performance and result before slagging him off? Can you not see that slagging off a winning side isn't going to do you any favours. WE ALL KNOW YOU HATE LAMBERT. WE ALL KNOW OK. Have a beer mate and chill in front of the box. Have a good one.
Good win, poor performance on 17:45 - Oct 17 with 622 viewsITFC_Forever

Good win, poor performance on 17:06 - Oct 17 by homer_123

A team capable of winning when not playing well and having an injury crisis isn't a bad thing.

We said that last year.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Good win, poor performance on 17:51 - Oct 17 with 600 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Good win, poor performance on 17:45 - Oct 17 by ITFC_Forever

We said that last year.

Exactly, last season was last season. Who said this has to be the same?
Good win, poor performance on 17:54 - Oct 17 with 593 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I thought we were more than alright today.

Genuine question for you Blubbers.. if this performance today came from a Mick team, would you still say it was a ‘poor performance’?

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Good win, poor performance on 17:59 - Oct 17 with 571 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Good win, poor performance on 17:54 - Oct 17 by The_Romford_Blue

I thought we were more than alright today.

Genuine question for you Blubbers.. if this performance today came from a Mick team, would you still say it was a ‘poor performance’?

What are you doing man? You can't ask questions. The only answer you will get is "Lambert out".
Good win, poor performance on 18:00 - Oct 17 with 566 viewshomer_123

Good win, poor performance on 17:45 - Oct 17 by ITFC_Forever

We said that last year.

Yep...I get that and not hiding from it either.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Good win, poor performance on 18:01 - Oct 17 with 560 viewsflimflam

Second half was good. First not so much.

But they stuck at it and got 3 points. We would of lost that last season.

But Edwards.....

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Good win, poor performance on 18:03 - Oct 17 with 554 viewsDanTheMan

Good win, poor performance on 18:00 - Oct 17 by homer_123

Yep...I get that and not hiding from it either.

I would say last season that our "we didn't play well and won" performances seems much more flukey and generally rubbish than this season.

We didn't play at all well in the first half, which I'm personally putting down to the front three all being out of position (although the midfield didn't do them many favours), but the second half we seemed just generally all round better.

I'd actually be interested in starting Sears at the front. He wasn't holding it up but we changed how we were playing and I think it worked pretty well.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Good win, poor performance on 18:03 - Oct 17 with 550 viewshomer_123

Good win, poor performance on 17:20 - Oct 17 by pointofblue

To be fair we said the same last year and eventually the wheels fell off.

That first half performance was awful and too many repeats of that will see us caught out eventually. Doncaster, for example, will make hay on Tuesday.

Oh no doubt about that.

We turned it around today. I think that's an improvement over last season.

I'm no Lambert fan but credit where its due for that 2ndvhslf today.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Good win, poor performance on 18:03 - Oct 17 with 549 viewsbrogansnose

Good win, poor performance on 17:44 - Oct 17 by IpswichBoyBlue

Lambert has shown in the first few games of the new season, that he might just have learnt from last, so why not wait until a crap performance and result before slagging him off? Can you not see that slagging off a winning side isn't going to do you any favours. WE ALL KNOW YOU HATE LAMBERT. WE ALL KNOW OK. Have a beer mate and chill in front of the box. Have a good one.

'Lambert has shown in the first few games of the new season, that he might just have learnt from last'

He's not a rookie manager and he wasn't last season having managed in the Prem and played at a high level so he has no excuses for the mistakes he's made. I'm glad we're top of the league and I don't care how we get out of this swamp of a league but I have little confidence in his managerial abilities.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024