Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mike O'Leary is leading 15:50 - Feb 26 with 3296 viewsle2blue

So i mentioned a couple of weeks ago that things were happening behind the scenes, my info came via someone who has been an intermediary in the deal and close to the UK based investors. From him my understanding is that its very much being led by Mike O'Leary (ex-WBA) as the figure head and there are quite a few in the consortium. They already have secured 3 or 4 execs who will be joining (CEO, DoF, Commercial) and its pretty close to being finalised, although of course a risk it doesn't.

We will be very much part of a global network of clubs that they're building, albeit the 'marque' club that they have so far, the aim is to use the network for player transfers and coaching development a.k.a the City Group model.

As is often the way with these deals the club is being leveraged, so we will move from no actual debt to debt being accumulated over time, as they invest to grow the business. Without a scarce billionaire this is the only way we're likely to gain catch-up. The main difference here to Marcus is that they're going to bring in real experts who know the football industry and are VERY commercially strong.

Oh and they'll be looking to invest in the infrastructure around the club in a big way, especially the physical / retail.
Mike O'Leary is leading on 15:52 - Feb 26 with 2689 viewsMetal_Hacker

I presume the Churchmans roof will be tidied up too ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Mike O'Leary is leading on 15:52 - Feb 26 with 2686 viewsSpruceMoose

"Oh and they'll be looking to invest in the infrastructure around the club in a big way, especially the physical / retail."

Yes! The Wild Turkey Jacuzzi Loft suspended from the roof of the North Stand is happening!!!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Mike O'Leary is leading on 15:52 - Feb 26 with 2689 viewsKieran_Knows

All very interesting, cheers for sharing.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mike O'Leary is leading on 15:55 - Feb 26 with 2608 viewsle2blue

Mike O'Leary is leading on 15:52 - Feb 26 by SpruceMoose

"Oh and they'll be looking to invest in the infrastructure around the club in a big way, especially the physical / retail."

Yes! The Wild Turkey Jacuzzi Loft suspended from the roof of the North Stand is happening!!!

well we may actually get a decent pitch for starters, but I'm sure the jacuzzi will follow.
Mike O'Leary is leading on 15:55 - Feb 26 with 2608 viewsSteve_M

And to think people scorned your thread last week.

He isn't going anywhere yet by le2blue 17 Feb 2021 14:05
things are in motion though, much bigger things than just lambert. hence the silence.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Mike O'Leary is leading on 15:57 - Feb 26 with 2573 viewsPhilTWTD

Other members of the consortium I'm presuming are listed here:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12763756
Mike O'Leary is leading on 15:58 - Feb 26 with 2540 viewsBlueWorldOrder

Does that mean we'll get DVD's, streamable exclusive content and a original home and away shirt every 2 years instead of templates every other?

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Mike O'Leary is leading on 15:58 - Feb 26 with 2529 viewsSpruceMoose

Mike O'Leary is leading on 15:57 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

Hmm.

"Pres. D. Trump"?

Interesting.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Good insight, cheers. (n/t) on 16:00 - Feb 26 with 2489 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:01 - Feb 26 with 2473 viewsSwansea_Blue

I assumed the commercial side would be of interest to someone. It's what they always focus on (did here at Swansea too and it hasn't really worked out as they'd hoped).

I know there's nervousness and risk about the nature of the investment, but if they do get real experts in then it'll be a good move. As you say, this type of investment isn't going to throw endless cash at us (and an uber rich owner couldn't behave like they did at Man City anymore anyway).

The focus should be quite simple - get it right on the pitch and everything else follows (with proper oversight of course). Success = more fans = more business opportunities to piggyback off it. We seemed to forget that at times over the last 13 years.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:02 - Feb 26 with 2441 viewsGodBlue

That's really interesting, I was just doing some digging and came across this: https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaellore/2020/03/03/usl-expansion-centered-aroun Came to a similar conclusion in terms of the infrastructure, but I'd expect them to do more within the town too, looking at this.

May be reading too much into it, but I wonder if this is/will become part of a bigger plan to improve the town centre.

Given his real estate background, I'd be amazed if they're happy not owning the land the ground is on!

As someone else has said, it's exciting and a little nerve-wracking all at once. But it certainly sounds like they are doing a good job at the clubs they've invested in so far, albeit, as you say, they're at a smaller scale.

On a separate note, my other half's folks live just outside Phoenix, so I look forward to being able to go check out our new sister club when we finally get to travel again!

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:06 - Feb 26 with 2391 viewsle2blue

Mike O'Leary is leading on 15:57 - Feb 26 by PhilTWTD

There you go, hadn't seen that. I think there are also a number funding the group as well, possibly more than one PE fund (hint my source is from a london/nyc family office).
Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:07 - Feb 26 with 2354 viewsHerbivore

Mike O'Leary is leading on 15:55 - Feb 26 by Steve_M

And to think people scorned your thread last week.

He isn't going anywhere yet by le2blue 17 Feb 2021 14:05
things are in motion though, much bigger things than just lambert. hence the silence.

I'll hold my hands up, seems there was some good def info behind the OP.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:09 - Feb 26 with 2320 viewsEwan_Oozami

Don't think they made the weight allowance for that in the original design?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:11 - Feb 26 with 2286 viewsSpruceMoose

Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:09 - Feb 26 by Ewan_Oozami

Don't think they made the weight allowance for that in the original design?

American ingenuity can overcome anything. If they can put a man on the old cheese rock, they can put a bubble bath and a bourbon fountain in the North Stand.

Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:11 - Feb 26 with 2272 viewsSteve_M

Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:07 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

He knew more than me, I had just heard a hint to make me take it more seriously though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:11 - Feb 26 with 2272 viewsGodBlue

Also, I'd be happy if they can bring in players like SWP or Didier to help with the promotion push next season! ;)

Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:14 - Feb 26 with 2208 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:15 - Feb 26 with 2195 viewsJ2BLUE

They already have secured 3 or 4 execs who will be joining (CEO, DoF, Commercial)

Finally.

Thanks for posting. I may well have been someone who dismissed you recently. If so, my apologies. It's been so long since we had any hope some of us had forgotten what it felt like.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:16 - Feb 26 with 2167 viewsRobTheMonk

Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:11 - Feb 26 by GodBlue

Also, I'd be happy if they can bring in players like SWP or Didier to help with the promotion push next season! ;)

Maybe we'll finally get Batistuta!
Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:16 - Feb 26 with 2135 viewsGodBlue

Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:16 - Feb 26 by RobTheMonk

Maybe we'll finally get Batistuta!

I'd take him at the moment.

Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:17 - Feb 26 with 2120 viewsBlueNode

Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:14 - Feb 26 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Eeeeek.. wonder what the timescale is for a return on investment...and what happens if it all goes bottom up?

Synapse central - No, I have not got a cold!
Poll: Is it time now for a protest regarding Evans lack of investment in the Club?

Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:20 - Feb 26 with 2082 viewsOsborneOneNil

Fair play. You thought it was all a load of rubbish, didn't you.
Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:27 - Feb 26 with 1990 viewsHerbivore

Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:20 - Feb 26 by OsborneOneNil

Fair play. You thought it was all a load of rubbish, didn't you.

I thought it looked like a load of twitter rumours and people reading too much into little bits and pieces that in and of themselves didn't amount to much. We've seen similar happen before - Maurice Steyn being one example, think there was talk of a takeover then too? - so until there was anything more concrete I was sceptical.

Sounds like the OP had genuine info but understandably had to be a bit vague about it when he posted last week.

Pleased it turns out there's something in it, the club needs a new broom.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mike O'Leary is leading on 16:27 - Feb 26 with 1993 viewsportmanking

BuT He FoLlOwS SaLfOrD cItY oN TwITtEr ToO!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024