Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I do worry about the future of Portman Road 15:08 - Feb 27 with 12611 viewsGavTWTD

If this takeover happens, I think there's a real possibility of them wanting to own their own ground. I have little to base this on, apart from it costs a lot of money to keep the ground maintained. If they are looking at adding value then a new ground is one way of doing it. Happy to be corrected as Portman Road is important to me as a fan.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

I do worry about the future of Portman Road on 22:18 - Feb 27 with 841 viewsPhilTWTD

I do worry about the future of Portman Road on 22:17 - Feb 27 by Dubtractor

Its another Borough Council project isn't it?

They have been going big in property and land investments in recent times.

I think so. We had to change where the Beattie statue is going as a result of it.
I do worry about the future of Portman Road on 22:19 - Feb 27 with 819 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I do worry about the future of Portman Road on 17:47 - Feb 27 by GavTWTD

So many people saying that the land isn't worth anything. Sorry but you're very wrong about that. Even residentially it's worth an absulte fortune. It's very close to the town centre.

Anyway, hopefully it won't happen as the place is very special to us all. I'm only a Town fan because my Dad's company built the Pioneer stand. I've laid concrete in the Pioneer Lower and swept the North Stand.

So you have no objection to a new stadium as long as you can lay some of the concrete and sweep one of the stands?

I have understood this right, haven't I?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I do worry about the future of Portman Road on 22:22 - Feb 27 with 794 viewsRyorry

I do worry about the future of Portman Road on 21:33 - Feb 27 by footers

Couldn't you two have settled this via PM instead of bothering us?

Poll: Time of the annunciation

I do worry about the future of Portman Road on 22:47 - Feb 27 with 752 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

I could see us ground sharing with Col U. Only stadium in the area that has near the capacity (about 10,000). Either that or finally buying PR.
I do worry about the future of Portman Road on 22:48 - Feb 27 with 741 viewsSpruceMoose

I do worry about the future of Portman Road on 22:47 - Feb 27 by BcarefulwhatUWish4

I could see us ground sharing with Col U. Only stadium in the area that has near the capacity (about 10,000). Either that or finally buying PR.

Lol whut?!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I do worry about the future of Portman Road on 23:20 - Feb 27 with 701 viewsrgp1

I do worry about the future of Portman Road on 21:30 - Feb 27 by PhilTWTD

They have struggled to get interest in developing the land opposite for 20 years, so not sure it's that sought after. Looks like something is going to happen with the car park now though.

Massive leisure site possibly or an itfc social club that could hold 500 people in the bar with room for another 250 in the function room next door. Imagine the bouncy bouncy on a match day?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024