Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil, regarding the wages... 10:56 - May 16 with 3998 viewsITFCBlues

We can pay thus summer, I read somewhere that said if the owners injected cash sums then that's included within the turnover?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Phil, regarding the wages... on 10:59 - May 16 with 3247 viewsPhilTWTD

Mark Detmer suggested they weren't going down those sorts of routes to get round the SCMP. Club has also made a lot about the importance of ticket sales.

Detmer: Ticket Sales Are Very Important 13th May 2021 17:26
Co-owner Mark Detmer has stressed the importance of ticket sales to the club with the Blues impacted by League One’s Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP) to a greater extent in 2021/22. 10

Phil, regarding the wages... on 10:59 - May 16 with 3212 viewsOldboy

Exactly.Follow Man City's example.
Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:00 - May 16 with 3197 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Phil, regarding the wages... on 10:59 - May 16 by PhilTWTD

Mark Detmer suggested they weren't going down those sorts of routes to get round the SCMP. Club has also made a lot about the importance of ticket sales.

Co-owner Mark Detmer has stressed the importance of ticket sales to the club with the Blues impacted by League One’s Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP) to a greater extent in 2021/22. 10

So its 60% of turnover isn't it? Anyone good at maths and could make a rough guess on what we could spend
Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:03 - May 16 with 3159 viewsWD19

So they won’t inject cash, but they might buy 20k tickets and give them away....
Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:04 - May 16 with 3146 viewsITFCBlues

How can we expect to bring in championship players without doing that. Maybe just a smoke screen?

Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:12 - May 16 with 3062 viewsfranz_tyson

Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:04 - May 16 by ITFCBlues

How can we expect to bring in championship players without doing that. Maybe just a smoke screen?

Player sales as well to boost the revenue and budget.
Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:15 - May 16 with 3030 viewsjayessess

Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:00 - May 16 by abracaDOBRA_

So its 60% of turnover isn't it? Anyone good at maths and could make a rough guess on what we could spend

We don't know what a full normal year of revenues looks like in League One, but my guess is that they'd be comparable to Portsmouth's in 2018/19 (average attendance 18,223, as compared to our 2019/20 average of 19,549).

Their revenue that year was £8.9m (£4.6m gate receipts, £2.1m TV, £2.2m commercial revenue). 60% of that is £5.34m per year or £103,000 a week. Which wouldn't stretch to very many Sonny Bradleys, I would imagine.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:19 - May 16 with 2979 viewsLeoMuff

Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:15 - May 16 by jayessess

We don't know what a full normal year of revenues looks like in League One, but my guess is that they'd be comparable to Portsmouth's in 2018/19 (average attendance 18,223, as compared to our 2019/20 average of 19,549).

Their revenue that year was £8.9m (£4.6m gate receipts, £2.1m TV, £2.2m commercial revenue). 60% of that is £5.34m per year or £103,000 a week. Which wouldn't stretch to very many Sonny Bradleys, I would imagine.

Could be some ways around it eg player bonus on promotion ? Club buying tickets or maybe around sponsorship?

Or we just ignore like everyone else does

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:21 - May 16 with 2965 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:19 - May 16 by LeoMuff

Could be some ways around it eg player bonus on promotion ? Club buying tickets or maybe around sponsorship?

I think I read that singing on bonuses don't count towards it? Something like that but if true then sure that's a way around it

Either way, there are various loopholes and im sure someone as experienced as Ashton will know a few
Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:22 - May 16 with 2942 viewsITFCBlues

Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:15 - May 16 by jayessess

Exactly. Which is why I believe they will pump some money in. They're not just going to come out and say we're pumping in millions as that'd put the prices up on wages and fees.

Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:24 - May 16 with 2933 viewsXYZ

Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:03 - May 16 by WD19

So they won’t inject cash, but they might buy 20k tickets and give them away....

Voluntarily hand over VAT to HMRC?

I think Detmar "mis-spoke" when speaking to Phil - they said at the time of the takeover that our/ my 12.5% would get diluted by new equity (no income tax; no vat).
Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:30 - May 16 with 2862 viewsParky

Phil, do you have any indication on the amount that Ed Sheeran ‘donated’ with his sponsorship? - I’m sure I read that, that money will also help our allowed spend.
Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:33 - May 16 with 2832 viewsjayessess

Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:21 - May 16 by abracaDOBRA_

I think I read that singing on bonuses don't count towards it? Something like that but if true then sure that's a way around it

Either way, there are various loopholes and im sure someone as experienced as Ashton will know a few

The "salary costs" figure includes salaries, bonuses, signing-on fees, agents’ fees and image rights fees due during the reporting period.

It's based on financial projections, but I've never seen any detail on how they deal with performance bonuses.

Another key is that the punishments aren't very onerous. If you're on course to exceed the cap the EFL imposes a transfer embargo, which, if you've already got your players in isn't much of a bother really.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:35 - May 16 with 2802 viewsPinewoodblue

Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:24 - May 16 by XYZ

Voluntarily hand over VAT to HMRC?

I think Detmar "mis-spoke" when speaking to Phil - they said at the time of the takeover that our/ my 12.5% would get diluted by new equity (no income tax; no vat).

They actually said this would happen at sometime in the future.

My assumption was this would be when they strengthened the side to bring it up to Chsmpionship standard and push in for the top flight.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:42 - May 16 with 2745 viewsXYZ

Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:35 - May 16 by Pinewoodblue

They actually said this would happen at sometime in the future.

My assumption was this would be when they strengthened the side to bring it up to Chsmpionship standard and push in for the top flight.

"Sometime" - that includes now. It's the sensible way and absolutely nothing to fear.

A few might get upset because the funds will go in at a valuation way below what we paid back in the day ... that upset should be directed at Sheepie whose valuation at the time was way over the top.
Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:46 - May 16 with 2698 viewsGiroJim

Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:04 - May 16 by ITFCBlues

Exactly. How can we bring in these so called Championship players with the turn over we will have ? We just wont have the money to do it. Something has to be in place or we are just shopping in the bargain basement again ?.
Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:54 - May 16 with 2660 viewsstopmoaning

I’m sure Brett Johnson mentioned injecting cash which would mean it’s okay??
Phil, regarding the wages... on 12:40 - May 16 with 2440 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair, with our income we should have one of the biggest budgets anyway. We should build organically.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Phil, regarding the wages... on 12:45 - May 16 with 2419 viewsLeoMuff

Phil, regarding the wages... on 12:40 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair, with our income we should have one of the biggest budgets anyway. We should build organically.

We should but how do we afford these championship standard players that seem rumoured as other have pointed out ? As 60% turnover will nowhere near cut it.

I personally agree we should buy the best of league 1 and any champ offcasts that suit and build within budget as best as possible. The splurges to be saved for the 21/22 championship season 🤞

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Phil, regarding the wages... on 12:50 - May 16 with 2359 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I think the players are going to be paid partly in cash and partly in cheese as dairy products don't count towards the wage cap.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Phil, regarding the wages... on 12:52 - May 16 with 2330 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Phil, regarding the wages... on 12:45 - May 16 by LeoMuff

We should but how do we afford these championship standard players that seem rumoured as other have pointed out ? As 60% turnover will nowhere near cut it.

I personally agree we should buy the best of league 1 and any champ offcasts that suit and build within budget as best as possible. The splurges to be saved for the 21/22 championship season 🤞

We'll just have to see what is speculation and what isn't.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Phil, regarding the wages... on 13:29 - May 16 with 2133 viewsdeano85

Phil, regarding the wages... on 11:19 - May 16 by LeoMuff

I saw the other day that Phenix Risings FB page had a 'injury table' post
... Of cause, it was sponsored by a company.. Lol
Phil, regarding the wages... on 13:40 - May 16 with 2080 viewsPhilTWTD

Phil, regarding the wages... on 12:52 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

We'll just have to see what is speculation and what isn't.

Championship players are what are being targeted, for the most part anyway. PC wants a much smaller squad, 18-20 players I think, so that may help on the wages front.
Phil, regarding the wages... on 13:50 - May 16 with 1996 viewsITFCBlues

Phil, regarding the wages... on 13:40 - May 16 by PhilTWTD

Championship players are what are being targeted, for the most part anyway. PC wants a much smaller squad, 18-20 players I think, so that may help on the wages front.

But if the figures posted further up are correct, that'd be just over 100k a week... Not going to get alot of championship players for that! Think we need to take what's been said by no cash injections with pinch of salt?

Phil, regarding the wages... on 14:09 - May 16 with 1899 viewstitanicclown

On an independent website that explains SCMP it states:

'However the Football League use a broader definition of Turnover. Crucially, the FL Turnover figure includes donations from the owners to the club and injections of equity.'

And

'In League 1 and League 2, a wealthy owner can therefore fund the club spending in a way that is not permitted in other divisions'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024