Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Season Ticket Holder 06:58 - May 28 with 979 viewsslaughteredskipper

Find myself in the position of for the first time ever not playing footy on a Saturday and the golf clubs aren’t doing it for me at the moment so thinking of becoming a season ticket holder for the first time. Want to soak up the atmosphere of the Bobby Robson Stand but is having a season ticket going to restrict the potential for my mates sitting with me who are more likely to join me on a more ad hoc basis? How does it work?
[Post edited 28 May 2021 7:03]
New Season Ticket Holder on 07:13 - May 28 with 916 viewsYallop

You pick your seat. When your mates come they ask for the closest spare seat near you.
New Season Ticket Holder on 08:04 - May 28 with 830 viewsbluejacko

You will probably have to go the part where they can get tkts
New Season Ticket Holder on 08:47 - May 28 with 774 viewsNeedhamChris

I had this issue, had sat in the Sir Alf Upper for a few years but decided to move to the Sir Bobby Lower for 19/20. I enjoyed it, but having to call up the ticket office and move my seat on an individual game basis so I could buy another ticket next to me got annoying pretty quickly.

I'm currently between either;

- Moving back to the Sir Alf where I generally didn't have to worry about this

or

- Having a second season ticket and letting the couple of people who might come with me pay £20 a time to use it rather than buying a ticket. Not sure how that will work if we still have COVID ID checking etc...

If you don't mind doing it though, the ticket office are really helpful if you want to move your seat to buy another ticket. You just need to ring them and they'll do your move for the game + a new ticket in the same purchase and let you collect from the ground. I just got bored of doing it, but it works fine :)

Either way - welcome aboard!

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

New Season Ticket Holder on 09:10 - May 28 with 717 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I personally would not bother. We are in a pandemic and there is no guarantee we will be allowed in next month or get to watch games.

That aside, if you do want to get one, sit where you want. If you then want to sit with friends on an ad-hoc basis, simply sit in empty seats (unlikely however if the North, but always possible) - the ticket just gets you in, no one really would worry about where you are sitting.
New Season Ticket Holder on 09:14 - May 28 with 705 viewsMannersBlue

New Season Ticket Holder on 09:10 - May 28 by BlueBlueBluex2

I personally would not bother. We are in a pandemic and there is no guarantee we will be allowed in next month or get to watch games.

That aside, if you do want to get one, sit where you want. If you then want to sit with friends on an ad-hoc basis, simply sit in empty seats (unlikely however if the North, but always possible) - the ticket just gets you in, no one really would worry about where you are sitting.

This can work, but I seem to remember during the 19/20 season stewards checking tickets/season tickets on entry to section 6 in particular as so many people were just moving over to that section.

To clarify, I mean checking when you are going up the stairs to your seat.
[Post edited 28 May 2021 9:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024