Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So bradley... we weren't even in for him then 11:09 - May 28 with 9146 viewschrismakin

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:10 - May 28 with 5112 viewsKeno

pah, it was def info on here so must have been right!!

I actually suspect it was a ploy by his agent to get a better deal out of Luton

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:10 - May 28 with 5109 viewstractorboy1978

He's being economical with the truth there.
So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:15 - May 28 with 5053 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Whether its true or not, he's hardly going to say 'yeah I was about to sign for Ipswich but luton offered me more money'.

Footballers often tell fans what they want to hear.
So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:17 - May 28 with 5016 viewsMetal_Hacker

What's that smell ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:18 - May 28 with 5006 viewschrismakin

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:15 - May 28 by abracaDOBRA_

Whether its true or not, he's hardly going to say 'yeah I was about to sign for Ipswich but luton offered me more money'.

IF he had spoke with us, it would be easier for him to say " Yeah as a player out of contract there was interest, I spoke with Ipswich however Luton where i'd rather be " he'd had gained even more respect from luton fans for turning us down..

I don't see why you'd lie about talking to us when it would be very easy for town/PC to counter that at any point, he'd look like a right twt.

I agree with another poster on this thread, agent at work....

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:21 - May 28 with 4958 viewstractorboy1978

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:18 - May 28 by chrismakin

IF he had spoke with us, it would be easier for him to say " Yeah as a player out of contract there was interest, I spoke with Ipswich however Luton where i'd rather be " he'd had gained even more respect from luton fans for turning us down..

I don't see why you'd lie about talking to us when it would be very easy for town/PC to counter that at any point, he'd look like a right twt.

Watson (and assume Phil too) verified it with numerous different sources before going to print. ITFC definitely thought they were close to it being done, whether in his own head that was ever the case or not.
[Post edited 28 May 2021 11:23]
So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:23 - May 28 with 4928 viewshype313

Course they did...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:33 - May 28 with 4805 viewsabracaDOBRA_

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:18 - May 28 by chrismakin

Watson wouldn't have run the story if it was rubbish. As Phil said, he changed his mind because he wanted to stay in the championship and I suspect Luton could offer more money after selling a couple of their players.
Login to get fewer ads

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:39 - May 28 with 4744 viewschrismakin

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:33 - May 28 by abracaDOBRA_

Watson wouldn't have run the story if it was rubbish. As Phil said, he changed his mind because he wanted to stay in the championship and I suspect Luton could offer more money after selling a couple of their players.

They can run any story if they feel they have info good enough to post... albeit It could be based on Agent talk.. Bradley could well be telling the truth, at no point did he personally speak with town.

Appreciate the work the papers do etc, but they're not always spot on, and there's plent of 'sources' that have been wrong. Even remember your 'Connoly at the club' was looked into by sources who said no he wasn't - yet you were comfortable that he was...

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:43 - May 28 with 4720 viewsArnieM

I said last week, players agents will use ITFC and our new found wealth to their advantage when negotiating new deals for their players.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:51 - May 28 with 4640 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

EXACTLY as a I stated.

You simply cannot believe everything that you read. Websites are there to obtain your visits and will benefit from not even clicking on an advert but by the amount of times it displays on a visitors screen.
So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:54 - May 28 with 4597 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:33 - May 28 by abracaDOBRA_

Watson's made mistakes before, as has Phil. Bradley has no need to even mention Ipswich... he could just say there were other offers but I chose to stay here.

I think he's telling the truth and it was the agent stirring things up to get a better deal.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:55 - May 28 with 4580 viewschrismakin

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:54 - May 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

Watson's made mistakes before, as has Phil. Bradley has no need to even mention Ipswich... he could just say there were other offers but I chose to stay here.

I think he's telling the truth and it was the agent stirring things up to get a better deal.

Ipswich are an Agents dream this summer

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:59 - May 28 with 4516 viewsjayessess

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:54 - May 28 by The_Flashing_Smile

Bradley's got a very obvious motivation to pretend he never considered leaving, hasn't he?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:05 - May 28 with 4460 viewsPhilTWTD

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:15 - May 28 by abracaDOBRA_

Indeed, although I gather money wasn't the issue but Championship football.
So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:07 - May 28 with 4442 viewsPhilTWTD

There are a lot of links flying about currently which have nothing in them, but that isn't one of them.
So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:10 - May 28 with 4389 viewschrismakin

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:07 - May 28 by PhilTWTD

There are a lot of links flying about currently which have nothing in them, but that isn't one of them.

Agree, but there is a difference between something in it with the player in question to speaking alot with the agent of said player and agent lets local papers know about it lol

He may be saving face, but I can't see it knowing the club could just counter him at any point.

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:19 - May 28 with 4210 viewsnorfsufblue

Who cares..he plays for Luton... move on!
So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:19 - May 28 with 4206 viewsJ2BLUE

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:10 - May 28 by chrismakin

Agree, but there is a difference between something in it with the player in question to speaking alot with the agent of said player and agent lets local papers know about it lol

He may be saving face, but I can't see it knowing the club could just counter him at any point.

Why would the club out him?

It would say to anyone in similar situations that we can't be trusted if they decided to stay with their current club. There's nothing to gain saying actually he was close to coming here. It puts him in an awkward situation and starts a whole thing off about the eventual CB signing not being our first choice.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:23 - May 28 with 4172 viewsPhilTWTD

My source on it wasn't the agent. Was definitely something in it and there was the expectation he was moving on at both ends.
So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:24 - May 28 with 4144 viewsblueoxford

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:19 - May 28 by J2BLUE

It would say to anyone in similar situations that we can't be trusted if they decided to stay with their current club. There's nothing to gain saying actually he was close to coming here. It puts him in an awkward situation and starts a whole thing off about the eventual CB signing not being our first choice.

We are going to be used by a lot of agents this summer to get better contracts for their clients even if they stay with their existing clubs
So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:29 - May 28 with 4090 viewschrismakin

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:19 - May 28 by J2BLUE

Not out him on purpose, I 've seen before the press asking a manager about players who were 'close' to joining or what do you think of .... " Great player, nearly signed him last in the summer etc etc

something similar to that.

It's not a major thing of course, I just think Bradley would be daft to lie about it. As mentioned above he doesn't himself need to say he was close to joining, but could have easily have said, spoke with, turned out. the end.

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:37 - May 28 with 4018 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 11:59 - May 28 by jayessess

Bradley's got a very obvious motivation to pretend he never considered leaving, hasn't he?

Yep. Or he's actually telling the truth and didn't. Like I say, he could pretend without even mentioning Ipswich. The fact that he's come out and said so much in so much detail suggests he's telling the truth to me. The best way to lie is to keep it simple. By mentioning Ipswich he invites Ipswich to come back and say, well you're talking porkies mate! Just no need.

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:45 - May 28 with 3959 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:23 - May 28 by PhilTWTD

My source on it wasn't the agent. Was definitely something in it and there was the expectation he was moving on at both ends.

But couldn't your source have got it via a rumour put out by the agent?

If he's lying it seems odd to go into so much detail.

So bradley... we weren't even in for him then on 12:57 - May 28 with 3841 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

its really not an issue

just ignore speculation

i would hope the club didnt waste time countering speculation either

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024