Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone here ever lived, or spend time, in Cyprus? 14:21 - May 29 with 944 viewsnoggin

I've only ever done stopovers at Akrotiri, in transit to other places. It's now top of my list of retirement places when I leave the rat race in 5 years time. I know the pros but am interested in any cons to living there.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Anyone here ever lived, or spend time, in Cyprus? on 14:48 - May 29 with 899 viewsfactual_blue

Timeshare touts.

It's full of retired Brits.

Don't be surprised if the 'North Cyprus' thing kicks off with Erdogan in charge.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone here ever lived, or spend time, in Cyprus? on 14:52 - May 29 with 895 viewsfooters

If you have any saucepan lids, or want some in the future, Cypriots have to do national service.

An old colleague of mine did it but he was a terrible shot. Don't hold out much hope for them if they all shoot like he does.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone here ever lived, or spend time, in Cyprus? on 14:53 - May 29 with 881 viewsnoggin

Anyone here ever lived, or spend time, in Cyprus? on 14:52 - May 29 by footers

If you have any saucepan lids, or want some in the future, Cypriots have to do national service.

An old colleague of mine did it but he was a terrible shot. Don't hold out much hope for them if they all shoot like he does.

Yeah she'll be staying in Norway, where she'll probably have to do national service.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Anyone here ever lived, or spend time, in Cyprus? on 18:02 - May 29 with 739 viewsALF

Lived in Akrotiri for 14 months, love Cyprus and honeymooned in Coral Bay. Only down side is the 4.5 hr flight and their cost otherwise a great place to live. Went to the North all the time too. A bit strange but that's just the turkish soldiers who think they're still at war.........
Anyone here ever lived, or spend time, in Cyprus? on 22:49 - May 29 with 579 viewsCoastalblue

I've never really liked the place, but can't put my finger on why. Ex wife's stepfather had a place there that we stayed at a few times, missus now has best friends who are Cypriot and we've been for weddings, visits etc.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, or nothing I can come up with, but I can't imagine living there.

I'm sure you'll love it, and have a wonderful life there potentially, but spend a little time there first just in case you feel like I do.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024