Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid travel testing 16:31 - Jul 24 with 602 viewsBlueinBrum

Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with providers of Covid testing for international travel? We’re hoping to get to Portugal next month and the company that the airline recommends is Randox, however they have a whole load of very dodgy reviews on Google which are putting me off using them.

Please & thanks.
Covid travel testing on 17:00 - Jul 24 with 553 viewsSomethingBlue

I’ve used Doctap a number of times for business travel and would use them for a personal trip if I had to: https://doctap.co.uk/covid-19-test/

Think their tests are Randox ones actually but never had any kind of issue, all absolutely seamless.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Covid travel testing on 17:03 - Jul 24 with 542 viewsWeWereZombies

Quite some time ago now but I had a PCR test with Boots, tried to sort it out for the morning of my flight but had to settle for the day before. The room where the test was done was in a crowded branch of that chemists that I had to walk through a crowded shopping mall to get to, didn't feel great about that but I did get a negative result back a day and a half later. I was already in Schiphol airport waiting for a connecting flight then though and by the time I landed in Panama the test was more than the required seventy two hours or less since taken. Nevertheless I showed the certificate I had on the smartphone to the bench of three medicos and was waved through to passport control.

Probably not much help in your situation but the moral of the tale is that confidence can count for more than precise adherence to regulations. That being said I did have to take another Covid test in Panama before I returned (which was in an equally cramped room off a crowded room as the Boots one but at half the costs and the nurse looked like she really knew how to take the test as I felt the swab at the back of my nostril this time), I would not have got on the plane if I had not had a paper copy of the certificate and the test was more than seventy two hours old.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Covid travel testing on 17:10 - Jul 24 with 518 viewsearlsgreenblue

Absolute Sh1t company, website is as pants as it gets! They don’t answer emails, it’s taken 5 days to get a reply from them, & no they can’t help. No telephone contact at all, impossible to get a human to talk to, & the amount of money going through their tills…………
But you’ll have little choice if it’s an on site test your after at Stansted, Collinson? Is the only other & not much better from what I’ve read..
BE SUPER CAREFUL ON THE BOOKING PAGE!!!!
It’s ambiguous to say the least, a generic web form from their other medical platforms booking sites, not good for one off test bookings.
Best of luck.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024