Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BAN LONG BALLS 21:52 - Aug 17 with 611 viewsITFC_96

Long balls need to be banned. I hate that crap style of football and it doesn't suit any of our players bar Piggott. We should be playing on the floor.
BAN LONG BALLS on 21:55 - Aug 17 with 584 viewsstrikalite

Don't mind going long ish with 10 mins to go, seems a lot of the late goals are just a result of direct stuff that causes panic..
BAN LONG BALLS on 21:57 - Aug 17 with 554 viewsITFC_96

BAN LONG BALLS on 21:55 - Aug 17 by strikalite

Don't mind going long ish with 10 mins to go, seems a lot of the late goals are just a result of direct stuff that causes panic..

The past 4 games, I can count on a single hand the amount of long balls that lead to something other than the opposing team getting the ball back.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 21:57]
BAN LONG BALLS on 22:00 - Aug 17 with 524 views44_not_out

I’d be more than happy to play long balls and have someone with a monster throw in if it meant actually winning
BAN LONG BALLS on 22:00 - Aug 17 with 516 viewsstrikalite

BAN LONG BALLS on 21:57 - Aug 17 by ITFC_96

The past 4 games, I can count on a single hand the amount of long balls that lead to something other than the opposing team getting the ball back.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2021 21:57]

I'm just talking about the last throw of the dice, two up front, get bodies up, get the second ball, watch Cardiff tonight, two goals down, seven minutes to go, it's all they did..

But agree re punting generally...
BAN LONG BALLS on 22:02 - Aug 17 with 500 viewsScuzzer

Cheltenham beat us tonight using long balls.
Consider that.

Established 1968

BAN LONG BALLS on 22:03 - Aug 17 with 488 viewsPlums

It certainly made a mockery of the Jackson substitution. Watching him trying to win headers sandwiched between two centre halves was pitiful.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

BAN LONG BALLS on 22:23 - Aug 17 with 460 viewsITFC_96

BAN LONG BALLS on 22:02 - Aug 17 by Scuzzer

Cheltenham beat us tonight using long balls.
Consider that.

The first goal was a cross, not really a long ball. And many teams can use it effectively, but we are not one of them. We need to play it on the ground, our players are good technically and all of our forwards (Edwards and Dobra especially) seem to draw fouls.
BAN LONG BALLS on 22:24 - Aug 17 with 451 viewsjayessess

It's a by-product of our inability to progress the ball forwards in other ways, rather than a deliberate tactic, isn't it?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024