Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booing after 4 matches 17:40 - Aug 21 with 3711 viewsBelsteadCav

You bunch of wan Kers

Our fan base is embarrassing

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Booing after 4 matches on 20:44 - Aug 21 with 1161 viewsSteve_M

Booing after 4 matches on 20:27 - Aug 21 by Funge

Cracking game, no doubt

We fully deserved to lose.

Keeper is shaky as you like, centre mid was weak, subs were very poor.

The squad is clearly good enough. So why isnt it working?

Yep, the only thing we did that was any good from the hour was our second goal. The rest of it was a total mess. Partly MKD got on top and worked possession but we lost all shape when Carroll came on- Harper suddenly looked lost. Evans is playing better in his head than he is in the pitch, trying to do too much in get ball. We created a bit more today at least but I’m not totally convinced it’s all about to click.

Cook’s getting a lot of leeway still, 4 wins in 21 games now starts to look really problematic. We have to win next week, absolutely have to.

Also, Magilton’s team got booed off at half time on the opening day of 2008-09. That’s the benchmark there.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 21:15]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Booing after 4 matches on 20:45 - Aug 21 with 1160 viewspointofblue

Booing after 4 matches on 20:37 - Aug 21 by Funge

Well, quite - as said by others who are rather more erudite than me - the atrocious end to last season, leaves Cook very little margin for error this time round.

2 points from 12; and it easily could've been 0.

It's an appalling start.

It easily could've been 0.

In fairness, it could've easily been 12 too.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Booing after 4 matches on 20:47 - Aug 21 with 1154 viewstimothyeo

Booing after 4 matches on 17:54 - Aug 21 by chrismakin

it's pathetic

Those that Boo don't actually deserve any success from the side they're 'supporting'

Christ, come Xmas, if we're still not winning by all means, do as you please. but 4 games. 4
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 17:55]

If you think a small percentage of fans letting out a little boo is going to impact us moving forwards then you must think even less of Cook than I do right now.
Booing after 4 matches on 20:48 - Aug 21 with 1153 viewsFunge

Booing after 4 matches on 20:45 - Aug 21 by pointofblue

It easily could've been 0.

In fairness, it could've easily been 12 too.

Nope, MK miles better today; look at the chances. Chelts battered us 2nd half.

Burton was a coin toss, and Morecambe was a battle.

All told, we deserve maybe 3 points. We have 2.

It's a p1ss-poor start. Cook needs to step up, sharpish.
Booing after 4 matches on 20:50 - Aug 21 with 1148 viewspointofblue

Booing after 4 matches on 20:48 - Aug 21 by Funge

Nope, MK miles better today; look at the chances. Chelts battered us 2nd half.

Burton was a coin toss, and Morecambe was a battle.

All told, we deserve maybe 3 points. We have 2.

It's a p1ss-poor start. Cook needs to step up, sharpish.

MK controlled the game better but, for the fluffed mistake, we may have one. Plus we carved a number of decent chances or positions despite lacking a central midfield which is promising.

Bonne scores the chance at Cheltenham, we net the penalty at Burton, Penney and Woolfenden don't have the collective brain fart against Morecambe... who knows?

Booing after 4 matches on 20:55 - Aug 21 with 1136 viewsFunge

Booing after 4 matches on 20:50 - Aug 21 by pointofblue

MK controlled the game better but, for the fluffed mistake, we may have one. Plus we carved a number of decent chances or positions despite lacking a central midfield which is promising.

Bonne scores the chance at Cheltenham, we net the penalty at Burton, Penney and Woolfenden don't have the collective brain fart against Morecambe... who knows?

None of that happened though, and the facts are that we have 2 points from 4 games against 2 relegation candidates, and 2 mid-table stalwarts.

We've got an absurd squad for this level - Edwards gets into most Championship teams, let alone League 1; Harper, Evans and Fraser are 'best of breed', and Burgess and Coulson are very, very good too.

We expect great things, and must have them. That's the truth.
Booing after 4 matches on 21:36 - Aug 21 with 1099 viewsLankHenners

Booing after 4 matches on 20:44 - Aug 21 by Steve_M

Yep, the only thing we did that was any good from the hour was our second goal. The rest of it was a total mess. Partly MKD got on top and worked possession but we lost all shape when Carroll came on- Harper suddenly looked lost. Evans is playing better in his head than he is in the pitch, trying to do too much in get ball. We created a bit more today at least but I’m not totally convinced it’s all about to click.

Cook’s getting a lot of leeway still, 4 wins in 21 games now starts to look really problematic. We have to win next week, absolutely have to.

Also, Magilton’s team got booed off at half time on the opening day of 2008-09. That’s the benchmark there.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 21:15]

At 2-1 you could reasonably say we’d created chances, got into dangerous areas, showed some good character to get back in front after the equaliser and would be worth the win had we continued like that but then like after the first goal we shrunk into ourselves again. Evans was doomed to make a mistake all afternoon I thought - got shuffled past too easily on several occasions because he’d mistimed his closing down and generally was getting caught the wrong side of the ball.

Carroll for Burns didn’t make a heap of sense - left us with no natural wide player on the right and left us a bit confused in the middle. Harper is incredibly press resistant and looks a proper player but definitely looks a little tired once the game enters the latter stages.

Think both suggestions floated around that today’s failure to win was solely down to sloppy individual mistakes and that MK Dons outplayed us are a bit wide of the mark. They became more assured as the game went on (helped by us going a bit ragged) and should have won it at the end but felt we did alright overall.

It's been a theme in all the games so far but again it’s frustrating how easily we get knocked out of momentum or a decent tempo. We were looking confident after the first goal then MK Dons bought themselves a few (very) cheap free kicks which slowed the game down and allowed the game to drift.

Going the whole month without a win would be a tragedy and really allow the worry to set in but more of the better stuff we showed today in a comfortable win will ease the tension a little.

Like you I’m not convinced we’re suddenly about to turn things on though the additions of Burgess and Edwards in particular look good enough to suggest we might be able to get a bit more than we have been so far over the next month.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Booing after 4 matches on 21:44 - Aug 21 with 1083 viewspointofblue

Booing after 4 matches on 20:55 - Aug 21 by Funge

None of that happened though, and the facts are that we have 2 points from 4 games against 2 relegation candidates, and 2 mid-table stalwarts.

We've got an absurd squad for this level - Edwards gets into most Championship teams, let alone League 1; Harper, Evans and Fraser are 'best of breed', and Burgess and Coulson are very, very good too.

We're not on zero points either. I don't think you can wave off the potential chances we had to put ourselves in a better position in every game this season and then say "we could be on zero points".

Login to get fewer ads

Booing after 4 matches on 21:52 - Aug 21 with 1061 viewsSteve_M

Booing after 4 matches on 21:36 - Aug 21 by LankHenners

At 2-1 you could reasonably say we’d created chances, got into dangerous areas, showed some good character to get back in front after the equaliser and would be worth the win had we continued like that but then like after the first goal we shrunk into ourselves again. Evans was doomed to make a mistake all afternoon I thought - got shuffled past too easily on several occasions because he’d mistimed his closing down and generally was getting caught the wrong side of the ball.

Carroll for Burns didn’t make a heap of sense - left us with no natural wide player on the right and left us a bit confused in the middle. Harper is incredibly press resistant and looks a proper player but definitely looks a little tired once the game enters the latter stages.

Think both suggestions floated around that today’s failure to win was solely down to sloppy individual mistakes and that MK Dons outplayed us are a bit wide of the mark. They became more assured as the game went on (helped by us going a bit ragged) and should have won it at the end but felt we did alright overall.

It's been a theme in all the games so far but again it’s frustrating how easily we get knocked out of momentum or a decent tempo. We were looking confident after the first goal then MK Dons bought themselves a few (very) cheap free kicks which slowed the game down and allowed the game to drift.

Going the whole month without a win would be a tragedy and really allow the worry to set in but more of the better stuff we showed today in a comfortable win will ease the tension a little.

Like you I’m not convinced we’re suddenly about to turn things on though the additions of Burgess and Edwards in particular look good enough to suggest we might be able to get a bit more than we have been so far over the next month.

“ It's been a theme in all the games so far but again it’s frustrating how easily we get knocked out of momentum or a decent tempo.”

Yep, and that’s with a group of decent players for this level, none of them tainted with the supposed losing culture of last season. Or maybe that wasn’t actually that big a thing.

The thing I really liked about MK was the way the wing backs were always an out-ball, when they were stuck that was where the ball went. Yes, not sure they created all that much but was a bit more than us as the game went on - over the 90 it was fairly even.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Booing after 4 matches on 21:59 - Aug 21 with 1038 viewswrighty84

You knob head I personally would never boo but people who pay they’re money like us are allowed an opinion regardless of what you think
Booing after 4 matches on 22:17 - Aug 21 with 1009 viewsBluearmy71

"We expect great things, and must have them. That's the truth."

I think it more truthful that your own expectations are clouding your vision as to what is really going on atm with Ipswich, no one ever said we'd hit the ground running, no one ever promised you wins and that we'd make the dream start to the new era and if you expected us to do that or expect us to win any game even with the squad we have then no wonder you are frustrated and angry with how things are going and there is no one else to blame for such expectancy levels other than yourself, its all on you how you feel right now, not PC not the 2 points from 4 games you happily throw around as valid reasoning for your anger and frustration and certainly not all the players who are in the process of getting to know each others game!!

You think PC and his players are letting you down some how?? I say you are letting them down along with all the rest of our supporters whom have unrealistic expectancy levels for ITFC so early in the new era!!
Booing after 4 matches on 22:19 - Aug 21 with 1000 viewsGeomorph

Lol.. ‘are we there yet dad?’
Booing after 4 matches on 22:20 - Aug 21 with 999 viewsTheBlueGnu

Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom. Boom Boom, Boom Boom - Boom Boom Boom ?

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

Booing after 4 matches on 22:21 - Aug 21 with 997 viewswrighty84

Booing after 4 matches on 22:20 - Aug 21 by TheBlueGnu

Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom Boom. Boom Boom, Boom Boom - Boom Boom Boom ?

Black adder goes 4th 😂😂😂😂😂
Booing after 4 matches on 22:55 - Aug 21 with 960 viewsWeirdFishes

Booing after 4 matches on 18:48 - Aug 21 by pointofblue

I said elsewhere - apologies if it was this thread and I'm repeating myself - I think it was more down to the lack of forward play in the dying minutes to try for the winner which led to the boos rather than the game as a whole.

(Just to add I didn't boo)

I agree with this, probably even more frustrating than the goals we conceded was how little urgency we showed in the last ten to get back ahead, think this had a lot to do with the booing.

I didn’t boo myself but didn’t clap them either.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Booing after 4 matches on 22:58 - Aug 21 with 957 viewsbazza

Booing after 4 matches on 21:59 - Aug 21 by wrighty84

You knob head I personally would never boo but people who pay they’re money like us are allowed an opinion regardless of what you think

Yea, but Booing after 4 games tho..
Booing after 4 matches on 23:04 - Aug 21 with 950 viewswrighty84

Booing after 4 matches on 22:58 - Aug 21 by bazza

Yea, but Booing after 4 games tho..

I’ve said before I couldn’t care less what people think of me , there’s guys on here saying I don’t boo I don’t boo lol who cares we all have 1 thing in common we love this club, and no matter of your opinion because we’re all entitled to it ,I think we’re all a little worried and it doesn’t matter weather you boo or not, moan or not, hate Paul cook or not , none of this is OUR fault we’re just the mugs ( supporters) always picking up the pieces
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024