Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vlado Bozinoski 21:45 - Nov 3 with 1212 viewsFBI

Looking at RetroITFC on Twitter and he popped up. I'd never heard of him (this was in the 'Just got married and touring as a professional musician' years when my attention drifted away from the Towen). By heck, the lad got around a bit!

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Vlado Bozinoski on 21:48 - Nov 3 with 1192 viewsTrumptonBlue

He was signed along with Boncho from Sporting Lisbon. He's written off as a failure these days, but I think that's a little unfair - he only started three games, but two of those were a 2-0 away win at Tottenham and a 2-1 home win over Manchester United (in the Frank-Yallop-Goes-Goal-Crazy Week).
Vlado Bozinoski on 22:24 - Nov 3 with 1080 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Vlado Bozinoski on 21:48 - Nov 3 by TrumptonBlue

He was signed along with Boncho from Sporting Lisbon. He's written off as a failure these days, but I think that's a little unfair - he only started three games, but two of those were a 2-0 away win at Tottenham and a 2-1 home win over Manchester United (in the Frank-Yallop-Goes-Goal-Crazy Week).

Wow, I'd completely forgotten about him!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Vlado Bozinoski on 06:50 - Nov 4 with 883 viewsyesjohn99

Lived in a flat in Hale Close over chantry.
Vlado Bozinoski on 08:14 - Nov 4 with 783 viewsElephantintheRoom

Bobby Robson saw the value of having a translator to enable him to communicate - his was Jose Mourinho - so he threw in one dud for the price of two. Three games isnt bad for a translator.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Vlado Bozinoski on 08:33 - Nov 4 with 751 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Vlado Bozinoski on 08:14 - Nov 4 by ElephantintheRoom

Bobby Robson saw the value of having a translator to enable him to communicate - his was Jose Mourinho - so he threw in one dud for the price of two. Three games isnt bad for a translator.

Wasn't he Australian?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Vlado Bozinoski on 08:36 - Nov 4 with 740 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

And what a week that was!

I was lucky enough as a young boy to be sat next to Sir Alan Sugar in the Amstrad box at Spurs and at 2-0 my father and I were the only ones in there as everyone else (Alans children and other guests) simply up and left!
Vlado Bozinoski on 10:08 - Nov 4 with 676 viewsThe_Major

I always can remember after that week the running gag in the next issue of one of the fanzines (Don't think TWTD was around at that point, so must have been Dribble or A Load Of Cobbolds) was every few pages, they'd print ridiculous Ipswich facts like "Cardinal Wolsey played scrum half in Henry VIII's rugby team" or "Much like Edinburgh is known as the Athens of the North, Times Square is known as the Cornhill of New York" - that sort of thing.

The last one read along the lines of "Frank Yallop scored a thunderbolt volley against Manchester United in front of a packed Portman Road during a main-game-on-Match-Of-The-Day, commentary match on Radio 5, top of the table Premier League clash just days after doing the same at Tottenham."

And of course, underneath was the inevitable "Now you're just being stupid - Ed."
Vlado Bozinoski on 10:19 - Nov 4 with 654 viewsurbanblue

Bobby Robson???

It was 1992 and I remember seeing Bozinoski play and thinking he was pretty good actually.
Login to get fewer ads

Vlado Bozinoski on 10:38 - Nov 4 with 617 viewsRetroITFC

I think Bozinoski was brought in to help Bontcho settle in, much in the same way - believe it or not - I think Taricco was brought in alongside Adrian Paz to help him settle. Amazing to think that Taricco became the (much) better player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024