Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ROI 19:44 - Nov 8 with 845 viewschrismakin

Genuinely asking as me and my son are discussing it... but is the prem actually an ambition of the investors or is it get to champ then run? Are we just going to end up back to where we were when M.E took over?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

ROI on 19:47 - Nov 8 with 803 viewsFenoit

Do the two of you share this account?
ROI on 19:48 - Nov 8 with 794 viewschrismakin

ROI on 19:47 - Nov 8 by Fenoit

Do the two of you share this account?

And who are you?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

ROI on 19:52 - Nov 8 with 767 viewsSteve_M

Yeah, they’ve bought the club to lose money every year in the Championship. Exactly that.

FFS.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

ROI on 19:55 - Nov 8 with 738 viewschrismakin

ROI on 19:52 - Nov 8 by Steve_M

Yeah, they’ve bought the club to lose money every year in the Championship. Exactly that.

FFS.

I wasn't saying that tbh. More of a promotion to champ then look for other investors whilst the pension group reduce their share?

I'm just intrigued by the ROI comment when it's known how much debt is associated with running a prem side and how much it costs to even get there.

ROI on 20:00 - Nov 8 with 714 viewsIpswichKnight

Two answers from Ed Schwartz answer this

1) Schwartz: "We measure success of investment in numerous ways. What we saw here was a sleeping giant, something that was very undervalued. The key to this investment is the folks sitting next to me here. We're looking to build a long-term, sustainable football club.

"It's about having the discipline to stick with the plan. We'll put in the resources and be patient. We feel a tonne of conviction this will be a success."

2) If we get promoted, have we got the resources to compete at the top end of the Championship?

Schwartz: Let me give you a long answer to that.... There are a lot of wealthy individuals, billionaires, who acquire football clubs for an ego purpose. They don't necessarily look at it like an investment like we are.

In direct answer to your question, yes, we absolutely have the resources. While that is the case, we are still going to make very sound business decisions. We are coming up with a strategy for long-term, sustainable success.
ROI on 20:01 - Nov 8 with 698 viewsDarth_Koont

It’s not unfeasible.

Their profit will come with promotions. And then not inconceivable that they cash out if someone else wants to get on board. The idea that you take a regional League One side and turn it into a perennial money-making machine and global brand is a long way off.

But just like footballers, if we take on those who want to play at a higher level and can take us there then that’s all good. The club (and fans) will be dealing from a position of strength.

Pronouns: He/Him

ROI on 20:04 - Nov 8 with 675 viewsclive_baker

Great, but what’s it got to do with Republic of Ireland?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

ROI on 20:14 - Nov 8 with 616 viewsEireannach_gorm

ROI on 20:04 - Nov 8 by clive_baker

Great, but what’s it got to do with Republic of Ireland?

It's where the crock of gold is.
Login to get fewer ads

ROI on 20:14 - Nov 8 with 620 viewsIllinoisblue

Like all smart investors they’ll pump enormous sums of money in then when the multi-million jackpot is closer than ever, they’ll walk away. Makes sense.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024