Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F1 showdown thread 11:38 - Dec 12 with 14267 viewsbluelagos

In case anyone is unaware, is live on C4 today, coverage starts at 12, race at 1pm.

Winner takes all. We are watching history, have no doubt this season will be made into a film in time, much as the great "Rush" and "Senna" were.

I'll be shouting for Max. Much as I love Hamilton and his amazing career, the talent of Verstappen is undeniable.

Time for the new pretender or for the old guard to get the all time record for F1 championships?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

F1 showdown thread on 11:41 - Dec 12 with 2834 viewsRyorry

Thanks - have heard this flagged up repeatedly on several radio stations, without one of them ever mentioning what time the start was!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

F1 showdown thread on 11:49 - Dec 12 with 2813 viewsBluearmy71

Thanks for the info.

It certainly is gonna be high drama but there is no way in hell I could ever want anyone other than a British driver to win if they are in a position to win the title, so obviously I'll be behind Lewis all the way, with Max on pole though its gonna be tough, I just hope they don't take each other out and we get the spectacle that this season deserves.

You're right this season would make and incredible movie, all square into the final race of the season, its a story you couldn't make up and in the next few hours the final chapter of this exciting story has to be written.
F1 showdown thread on 11:55 - Dec 12 with 2795 viewsbluelagos

F1 showdown thread on 11:49 - Dec 12 by Bluearmy71

Thanks for the info.

It certainly is gonna be high drama but there is no way in hell I could ever want anyone other than a British driver to win if they are in a position to win the title, so obviously I'll be behind Lewis all the way, with Max on pole though its gonna be tough, I just hope they don't take each other out and we get the spectacle that this season deserves.

You're right this season would make and incredible movie, all square into the final race of the season, its a story you couldn't make up and in the next few hours the final chapter of this exciting story has to be written.

Yeah, just hope it is settled on the track and not in the stewards room. A contentious crash would be a really sad way to end a fantastic season.

F1 showdown thread on 11:59 - Dec 12 with 2782 viewsBluearmy71

F1 showdown thread on 11:55 - Dec 12 by bluelagos

Yeah, just hope it is settled on the track and not in the stewards room. A contentious crash would be a really sad way to end a fantastic season.

Time to put the kettle on and soak up the atmosphere in the build up, enjoy the race Bluelagos, Rrory and everyone who will be watching,
F1 showdown thread on 12:09 - Dec 12 with 2765 viewsRyorry

F1 showdown thread on 11:59 - Dec 12 by Bluearmy71

Time to put the kettle on and soak up the atmosphere in the build up, enjoy the race Bluelagos, Rrory and everyone who will be watching,

Seeeking running water as not on terrestial ...

F1 showdown thread on 12:20 - Dec 12 with 2731 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

F1 showdown thread on 12:09 - Dec 12 by Ryorry

Seeeking running water as not on terrestial ...

It’s on Channel 4

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

F1 showdown thread on 12:28 - Dec 12 with 2712 viewsBasuco

I think Lewis will win it, Max is the quicker driver but Lewis has the superior car, I really want Max to win today as the Mercedes 7 year monopoly on both driver and constructors championships is getting boring, nobody else has had a look in during the turbo/hybrid era as they have an ICE power advantage.
F1 showdown thread on 12:34 - Dec 12 with 2699 viewsfactual_blue

Morons in fast cars by bluelagos 10 Dec 2021 19:56
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-59616562

Filming yourself at twice the speed limit and posting it on youtube. Idiots.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

F1 showdown thread on 12:38 - Dec 12 with 2691 viewsStokieBlue

Max was well over the acceptable limit in the last race as a good number of current and ex-drivers said. He actively brake-tested Hamilton as the telemetry showed and in effect got 3 penalties for his driving last race.

It's petulant and not an acceptable way to drive and it's all because the stewards were too lenient earlier in the since.

I'll be supporting Hamilton today.

Max is undeniably quick and talented but he needs to learn to play by the same rulebook as everyone else.

The absolute most important thing today is no crash to decide it, it would be awful. It could happen though unfortunately.

SB
[Post edited 12 Dec 2021 12:44]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

F1 showdown thread on 12:40 - Dec 12 with 2683 viewsStokieBlue

F1 showdown thread on 12:28 - Dec 12 by Basuco

I think Lewis will win it, Max is the quicker driver but Lewis has the superior car, I really want Max to win today as the Mercedes 7 year monopoly on both driver and constructors championships is getting boring, nobody else has had a look in during the turbo/hybrid era as they have an ICE power advantage.

I don't think you'll find many ex or current drivers who will agree with you that Max is the faster driver.

Max had the superior car for a good portion of the season.

The Honda engine is pretty much on par with the Mercedes one now and doesn't suffer from power degradation like the Mercedes one does. A lot of these points were valid previously but haven't really be valid for a lot of this season.

You could say at this point the Red Bull is quicker over one lap and the Mercedes is quicker over a race.

SB
[Post edited 12 Dec 2021 12:45]

F1 showdown thread on 12:49 - Dec 12 with 2640 viewsNthQldITFC

I just had a look. Some paranoid-looking geezer fighting his way through a load of other geezers with masks on their chins and smartphones in front of their eyes, whilst trying to stuff a microphone up the nose of another geezer, who is already having somebody else's microphone shoved up his nose.

The long-haired lasses in tight trousers are a more interesting spectacle but. Lot of fossil fuel being burned I would imagine (takes cover ).

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

F1 showdown thread on 12:52 - Dec 12 with 2628 viewsRyorry

F1 showdown thread on 12:20 - Dec 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s on Channel 4

Oh right, ta , wasn't listed.

F1 showdown thread on 13:05 - Dec 12 with 2590 viewsbluelagos

We've got a race!

F1 showdown thread on 13:14 - Dec 12 with 2567 viewsStokieBlue

F1 showdown thread on 13:05 - Dec 12 by bluelagos

We've got a race!

Interesting one.

Rosberg who isn't really a Hamilton fan thinks that's the right decision.

This is Max behaviour at Brazil coming back to haunt him.

SB

F1 showdown thread on 13:17 - Dec 12 with 2556 viewsbluelagos

F1 showdown thread on 13:14 - Dec 12 by StokieBlue

Interesting one.

Rosberg who isn't really a Hamilton fan thinks that's the right decision.

This is Max behaviour at Brazil coming back to haunt him.

SB

The stewards ruled MV did nothing wrong and ordered LH to give back the time, so not sure how you got to that.

Bizarrely, LH was behind when he went off track and was over a second clear ahead by the end of the lap...and the stewards ruled he did give back the time.

Fiik how the stewards came to that...

F1 showdown thread on 13:20 - Dec 12 with 2525 viewsStokieBlue

F1 showdown thread on 13:17 - Dec 12 by bluelagos

The stewards ruled MV did nothing wrong and ordered LH to give back the time, so not sure how you got to that.

Bizarrely, LH was behind when he went off track and was over a second clear ahead by the end of the lap...and the stewards ruled he did give back the time.

They also said on the radio that Max forced him off the track. Agree that he didn't seem to give back all the time.

It all goes back to Brazil and Max ignoring the corner and Red Bull screaming let them race.

Possibly harsh on Max but it's the end result of his driving all year.

Shame for the race though, I think would have been nicer if he had to give it back.

SB

F1 showdown thread on 13:21 - Dec 12 with 2522 viewspointofblue

I think the fallout from this will be more entertaining than the race now. Max will claim the stewards won the Championship, not Lewis. Could be feisty.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

F1 showdown thread on 13:23 - Dec 12 with 2510 viewsStokieBlue

Max really suffering now from flat spotting his medium tyres in qualifying which is a shame.

SB

F1 showdown thread on 13:25 - Dec 12 with 2506 viewspointofblue

F1 showdown thread on 13:23 - Dec 12 by StokieBlue

Max really suffering now from flat spotting his medium tyres in qualifying which is a shame.

SB

Had a feeling, even after qualifying, that the race would be a damp squib.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

F1 showdown thread on 13:26 - Dec 12 with 2503 viewsIpswichKnight

He should have had to give it back but it all goes back to Brazil when Stewards didn’t make him give it back and they had Horner on the blower saying it didn’t need reviewing, now they are reaping what they sow. All the drivers have told them that in race meeting s don’t expect us to give you anything when you don’t give us anything the stewards will deal with it now.
F1 showdown thread on 13:26 - Dec 12 with 2502 viewsRyorry

I'm defo no expert, but seems to me it's not/wasn't so much about time as race position there? Depends if ppl think MV forced LH off fairly, I guess.

F1 showdown thread on 14:02 - Dec 12 with 2423 viewsgordon

Mercedes have blown it!
F1 showdown thread on 14:03 - Dec 12 with 2417 viewsVic

F1 showdown thread on 14:02 - Dec 12 by gordon

Mercedes have blown it!

I think you might be right!

I’ve just turned it off - can’t watch!!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

F1 showdown thread on 14:04 - Dec 12 with 2413 viewsVic

F1 showdown thread on 13:25 - Dec 12 by pointofblue

Had a feeling, even after qualifying, that the race would be a damp squib.

Anything but a damp squib now!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

F1 showdown thread on 14:09 - Dec 12 with 2388 viewsgordon

F1 showdown thread on 14:04 - Dec 12 by Vic

Anything but a damp squib now!

He's going to have about 1 lap to basically smash him off the track, lol
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024