Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons 06:48 - Feb 12 with 2363 viewsguenchev

Hi everyone. First time poster here. I have never been to Ipswich or England (except few times switching flights between native Bulgaria and USA). I have been Ipswich Town supporter since 1984. Imagine that. No wonder I picked the user name guenchev. Bontcho was a great player. What made me become one was a 3-2 win at Tottenham in the Spring of 84 I think. Anyway I have followed the Town since then non stop. Have been living in Seattle for the last 25 years. Just wanted to share I signed up on ifollow and will be cheering from the West Coast. Hoping for a comfortable win. Cheers!
First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 09:18 - Feb 12 with 2090 viewsPhuketPete

Good for you guenchev!! I've lived in Asia for more than 30 years (so much for a "two year assignment") and now live in Phuket Thailand. Reading your note reminds me we have a Danish guy here who started supporting ITFC in 1981 when we won the UEFA Cup. Its a small world. But right now I wish I was on the way to Milton Keynes as support #7201

PS Any Asia based ITFC supporters reading this, plse DM me. We're slowly gathering a Tractor Boys Asian TOUR group.
First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 09:35 - Feb 12 with 2037 viewsdominiciawful

Fantastic stuff.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 09:55 - Feb 12 with 1991 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I love in Scotland now, so can't make it to Portman Road very often. When I lived nearer to Ipswich (but still a 2 hour journey) I had a season ticket with my sons.

But my Dad wasn't particularly into football so I didn't to very often when I was younger.

As a result Ipswich Town v Blackburn on 28th December 1992 was only my third game at Portman Road - but it is one which every Ipswich fan who was alive at the time knows about because of a moment of genius from Bontcho Guenchev!

First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 10:02 - Feb 12 with 1954 viewsSteve_M

Well, welcome.

How did you come across ITFC in Bulgaria in 1984? It was after the UEFA cup run and he were heading to being quite ordinary.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 10:05 - Feb 12 with 1942 viewsMattinLondon

First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 09:55 - Feb 12 by ArnoldMoorhen

I love in Scotland now, so can't make it to Portman Road very often. When I lived nearer to Ipswich (but still a 2 hour journey) I had a season ticket with my sons.

But my Dad wasn't particularly into football so I didn't to very often when I was younger.

As a result Ipswich Town v Blackburn on 28th December 1992 was only my third game at Portman Road - but it is one which every Ipswich fan who was alive at the time knows about because of a moment of genius from Bontcho Guenchev!

I’ve forgotten just how precise that lob was. Perfection.
First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 12:02 - Feb 12 with 1778 viewsRyorry

First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 10:02 - Feb 12 by Steve_M

Well, welcome.

How did you come across ITFC in Bulgaria in 1984? It was after the UEFA cup run and he were heading to being quite ordinary.

I obv don't know if it was same route, but when I was feeling horribly isolated from all football living on Orkney 91-94, I put an ad in the Green Un asking for a penfriend & got replies from all over the world, esp in Europe because of our success there, and including one from Bulgaria!

Did correspond with that guy for a while, then lost touch. Can't help wondering if Guenchev is the same guy! A very warm welcome to him anyway!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 12:10 - Feb 12 with 1749 viewsNthsuffolkblue

First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 09:55 - Feb 12 by ArnoldMoorhen

Enjoy loving in Scotland!

It may well have been that match that was a sell out and I ended up watching through the window of the Centre Spot. A couple of their fans got ejected when they scored and came and watched the rest of the match with the crowd of us there.

Hadn't remembered that there was a potential issue with Boncho's work permit. Glad it turned out OK for him.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 07:41 - Feb 13 with 1562 viewsguenchev

Remember this as if it was yesterday. How did 30 years pass by?
[Post edited 13 Feb 2022 7:56]
Login to get fewer ads

First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 07:45 - Feb 13 with 1544 viewsguenchev

First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 10:02 - Feb 12 by Steve_M

Well, welcome.

Me and my cousin put a bet on an away win. And we got it. Imagine we could do that at 13/14 year old. Did not win big sum, but since that day Ipswich was my team. Game was Tottenham 2 Ipswich 3.
First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 07:47 - Feb 13 with 1537 viewsguenchev

First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 12:02 - Feb 12 by Ryorry

I obv don't know if it was same route, but when I was feeling horribly isolated from all football living on Orkney 91-94, I put an ad in the Green Un asking for a penfriend & got replies from all over the world, esp in Europe because of our success there, and including one from Bulgaria!

Did correspond with that guy for a while, then lost touch. Can't help wondering if Guenchev is the same guy! A very warm welcome to him anyway!

Cool story, but definitely I am not the same guy.
First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 07:51 - Feb 13 with 1529 viewsguenchev

Enjoyed the game. We played fantastic! Could have won, but a draw is still a good result.
First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 08:02 - Feb 13 with 1472 viewsbluelagos

Went on my honeymoon to USA 94 (who says romance is dead) and one of the games we saw was Bulgaria v Mexico. Had my town flag and got excited when Bontcho came on.

Think he scored in the shootout. Was a bit of a crap game tbh but at least you got there, unlike England.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 08:11 - Feb 13 with 1454 viewsChurchman

I liked old Bontcho. He was actually a very good player and had a great attitude. I was at this game sitting in lower Pioneer so not the best view, but close to the action. We played well that day. Good goals too.

Oddly, we’d beaten Blackburn 2-1 in similar fashion the previous season over Christmas. Lightning really did strike twice.
First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 11:36 - Feb 13 with 1287 viewsRyorry

First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 07:47 - Feb 13 by guenchev

Cool story, but definitely I am not the same guy.

Aw 🥲But good to have you aboard the world's best football forum anyway :)

Poll: Time of the annunciation

First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 07:34 - Feb 14 with 1108 viewsazuremerlangus

First time ifollow viewer - got a pass for the game at MK Dons on 12:10 - Feb 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Enjoy loving in Scotland!

It may well have been that match that was a sell out and I ended up watching through the window of the Centre Spot. A couple of their fans got ejected when they scored and came and watched the rest of the match with the crowd of us there.

Hadn't remembered that there was a potential issue with Boncho's work permit. Glad it turned out OK for him.

I was watching with you!

Yes it was a sell out and a member of the Centre Spot staff kindly turned the tv around on its wall bracket so those who missed out getting in could watch. Trouble was the video feed was slightly behind the actual crowd noise!

I was gutted having travelled up from Plymouth and being pre-internet had no idea it was was heading for a sell out. Clubcall and Ceefax were about the only options for info. Never travelled without a ticket option sorted since…

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024