Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kai Naismith 22:27 - Apr 11 with 1440 viewsberkstractorboy

Without wanting to dig up old ground, did anyone see Naismith's push on the Huddersfield player after the missed pen? To me (and the match commentators) that was way more violent than the blurred images of what Morsy did against Stanley. As Naismith was booked for it, quite how the officials only managed to come up with a yellow between them goodness knows, no further action can be taken.

My point is that the governing bodies need to change rules to allow retrospective action to upgrade cards or take disciplinary action where a punishment during the game was not correct. How on earth can you compare Morsy and Naismith pushes and get one as a red the other as a yellow. It makes a mockery of penalising players to ban Morsy and Naismith gets to play the next 4 games with no more than a slapped wrist.
Kai Naismith on 22:47 - Apr 11 with 1362 viewsIllinoisblue

It - the Naismith push - was the most blatant red you’ll ever see. Quite how the ref and assistant only saw that as yellow is incredible.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Kai Naismith on 02:44 - Apr 12 with 1188 viewsStNeotsBlue

It was a forceful push from Naismith but I didn’t have a problem with it, the gobby Huddersfield player was getting in his mate's (who just missed the penalty) face and if you dish it out it is fair to expect a bit back.
Kai Naismith on 08:30 - Apr 12 with 892 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I don't think it'll be 'upgraded' to a Red as the match officials saw the incident and took action. The reason Morsy was given the retrospective red was the match officials missed the whole thing. And then Andy Holt went crying about it on social media.

In this case, where they can take further action, generally speaking, they really don't like to undermine the match officials.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Kai Naismith on 09:07 - Apr 12 with 833 viewsberkstractorboy

Kai Naismith on 08:30 - Apr 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

I don't think it'll be 'upgraded' to a Red as the match officials saw the incident and took action. The reason Morsy was given the retrospective red was the match officials missed the whole thing. And then Andy Holt went crying about it on social media.

In this case, where they can take further action, generally speaking, they really don't like to undermine the match officials.

I know why it won't be upgraded but its not about undermining match officials its about fair punishment, of the 2 incidents. One is a lot more violent than the other and as both are violent should get the same punishment.
Kai Naismith on 09:32 - Apr 12 with 776 viewsRonFearonsHair

Kai Naismith on 08:30 - Apr 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

The match officials didn’t miss the Morsy incident though. It was in front of the fourth official, who just saw it is a scuffle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024