Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. 17:42 - Apr 25 with 419299 viewsEireannach_gorm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/25/evidence-ukraine-women-raped-befor

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-turned-a-bucha-building-into-an-execution-si
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 21:15 - Aug 18 with 7275 viewsTrequartista

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:48 - Aug 18 by StokieBlue

"Minor provocation" is miles away from "blowing up a nuclear power plant". You've gone a bit CIL over the last year or so.

Let's see if it happens, I am suspecting it won't.

As I said, there is no upside at all for either party.

SB

ok Dad

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 03:30 - Aug 19 with 7221 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 21:06 - Aug 18 by Churchman

I don’t think it’ll happen for the reasons you give. However, the fear the threat of this gives is meat and drink to Putin and may help force the west to abandon Ukraine sooner rather than later.

If Russia does blow up the plant, I gather the consequences are less than Chernobyl and Fukushima. 100s of 1000s irradiated to a greater or lesser extent in Ukraine and Europe or Russia if Putin gets the weather forecast wrong. Does Putin give a hoot about human cost? Nope. But what’s the purpose in reclaiming land you think is yours if you make is unusable for 1000s of years? It’s mad.

I notice that they are violating Finnish airspace with MIG31s wit( hypersonic missiles and upping the anti on its possible next meal, the Baltic states.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:25 - Aug 19 with 7175 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 03:30 - Aug 19 by Eireannach_gorm

Interesting stuff on the cyber war

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2022/aug/19/russia-ukraine-war-putin-is-l

This was something that the U.K. was good at both in WW1 and WW2 and whilst it cannot win a war, it can help shorten it as the Bletchley Codebreakers did in WW2.

It is notable how good the US and U.K. have been second guessing Russia’s next moves and in some instances publishing stuff before it happens. I bet if nothing else that’s grinding the gears of that animal Putin.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:28 - Aug 19 with 7101 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:25 - Aug 19 by Churchman

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2022/aug/19/russia-ukraine-war-putin-is-l

This was something that the U.K. was good at both in WW1 and WW2 and whilst it cannot win a war, it can help shorten it as the Bletchley Codebreakers did in WW2.

It is notable how good the US and U.K. have been second guessing Russia’s next moves and in some instances publishing stuff before it happens. I bet if nothing else that’s grinding the gears of that animal Putin.

I don't know about that, Scott has me convinced anyway.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:33 - Aug 20 with 6989 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:28 - Aug 19 by Eireannach_gorm

I don't know about that, Scott has me convinced anyway.

Scott Ritter is clearly a Putin supporter in addition to being a convicted sex offender. His argument, especially in terms of how Russia is rolling in western money while the likes of the U.K. economies go down the pan has merit, but in terms of right side of history, he’s talking out of his rear end in my view. He writes for and is paid by Russia Today (RT) so has to be on message.

In terms of what the Russian people know, they are fed and believe what they are told by their media without question. Where this could run into trouble is with stories such as tourists fleeing Crimea, explosions within Russian territory, coffins and time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62608526
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:50 - Aug 20 with 6975 viewsIpswichKnight

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:25 - Aug 19 by Churchman

They are not 2nd guessing the moves, they know full well what they are going to be. Someone is passing this information on in form of human intelligence, the US knew the exact plans for invasion weeks ahead of the date and was hawking them around it’s allies who didn’t believe they were real. Both us and the US have been flying signal intelligence flights in the Black Sea, they build up a rich picture of what units are where and what they are doing.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:11 - Aug 24 with 6841 viewsEireannach_gorm

As well as being Ukraine's Independence Day, it is the 6 month anniversary of the start of the war ( special military operation ).

Reminder what the Russian Ambassador to Ireland said in February.

[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 17:56]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:21 - Aug 24 with 6761 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:11 - Aug 24 by Eireannach_gorm

As well as being Ukraine's Independence Day, it is the 6 month anniversary of the start of the war ( special military operation ).

Reminder what the Russian Ambassador to Ireland said in February.

[Post edited 24 Aug 2022 17:56]

"The whole idea is insane."

"Do we want a war? Of course not."

So sad. Cannot be trusted.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:36 - Aug 25 with 6690 viewsEireannach_gorm

Russia ridding Ukraine of more nazi's on Independence Day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/08/24/russia-ukraine-train-station-str
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:06 - Aug 25 with 6620 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:19 - Aug 26 with 6497 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:37 - Aug 26 with 6454 viewsEireannach_gorm

Partisans are becoming a bit of a fly in the ointment now. Russia might find it difficult to govern their newly acquired territory.

https://english.nv.ua/nation/pro-russia-turncoat-dies-in-bomb-explosion-in-occup
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:53 - Aug 31 with 6323 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:39 - Aug 31 with 6286 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:12 - Aug 31 with 6248 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:39 - Aug 31 by Eireannach_gorm

That seems a fairly balanced report but you wonder how much is true and how much is propaganda from both sides.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:38 - Aug 31 with 6231 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:12 - Aug 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

That seems a fairly balanced report but you wonder how much is true and how much is propaganda from both sides.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/alcohol-swigging-russian-soldier-kills-two-

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:48 - Aug 31 with 6200 viewsKievthegreat

Ukraine shelves plans to attack Belgorod after Russia does it for them....

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:50 - Sep 1 with 6103 viewsEireannach_gorm

[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 23:52]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:58 - Sep 1 with 6100 viewsEireannach_gorm

What a vindictive plonker.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/putin-will-not-attend-gorbachev-funeral-due
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 00:26 - Sep 2 with 6072 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:58 - Sep 1 by Eireannach_gorm

What a vindictive plonker.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/putin-will-not-attend-gorbachev-funeral-due

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 00:27 - Sep 2 with 6070 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:53 - Aug 31 by Eireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:18 - Sep 3 with 5952 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:48 - Aug 31 by Kievthegreat

Ukraine shelves plans to attack Belgorod after Russia does it for them....

Hacked or just faulty?

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 01:15 - Sep 5 with 5894 viewsEireannach_gorm

While arms donated to Ukraine protect…….

……..and advance the war effort

You have this nonsense

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:56 - Sep 5 with 5844 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 01:15 - Sep 5 by Eireannach_gorm

While arms donated to Ukraine protect…….

……..and advance the war effort

You have this nonsense

Macron is a detestable little man. How it looks to me is that he sees Putin as a friend, Russia as an economic partner and the states on the edge of Russia as a distant and marginal part of France dominated Europe - to be negotiated if necessary.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:43 - Sep 5 with 5794 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:56 - Sep 5 by Churchman

Macron is a detestable little man. How it looks to me is that he sees Putin as a friend, Russia as an economic partner and the states on the edge of Russia as a distant and marginal part of France dominated Europe - to be negotiated if necessary.

So Russia has come clean and switched off the gas. It’s a great short term tactic and it’ll be interesting to see how shiny German, Italian and French knees get grovelling to Putin.

Given the catastrophic effects of Russia choking supply, I suspect a ‘deal’ will be done before Christmas. Many in Europe support Russia or don’t care about Ukraine anyway or are plain tired.

The question is not Russia getting what it wants, but how the world deals with Russia in the future.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024