Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. 17:42 - Apr 25 with 419447 viewsEireannach_gorm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/25/evidence-ukraine-women-raped-befor

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-turned-a-bucha-building-into-an-execution-si
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:28 - Oct 11 with 5618 viewsEireannach_gorm

These guys have definitely changed my views of Russian intentions in Ukraine.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:13 - Oct 11 with 5588 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:57 - Oct 11 by Eireannach_gorm

Surovikin does have a 'savage' CV and he got to work straight away.

https://www.irishtimes.com/world/europe/2022/10/11/sergei-surovikin-the-ruthless

So he is already accused of war crimes in Syria. I wonder what chances there are of him facing a court for those. I suspect many thought others who have faced them never would. Part of any lasting peace must see these criminals tried for their alleged crimes if they are still alive.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:38 - Oct 11 with 5564 viewsEireannach_gorm

A short story of the madness and futility of war.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1578535556061233152.html
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:14 - Oct 11 with 5543 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:13 - Oct 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

So he is already accused of war crimes in Syria. I wonder what chances there are of him facing a court for those. I suspect many thought others who have faced them never would. Part of any lasting peace must see these criminals tried for their alleged crimes if they are still alive.

The man, like his boss is an animal. Russia has been killing innocents for months. Torture, murder, rape and theft. So they’ve wheeled in another bit of dirt. Who cares. If he was any good, why wasn’t he appointed months ago?

Yes, he’ll sanction more murder and torture, like these people need any encouragement. He will also drive badly equipped conscripts and tattered battalions forward - probably to their deaths. The toy cupboard will be raided for more ancient T62s and 72s and hurrah, let’s get reduced to jelly. The Russian families for the most part won’t get back the bodies of their husbands, fathers and sons. The remains will just be incinerated or pitched in a hole.

From the Russian perspective, I cannot think of a worse decision than appointing a cattle driver. This could well blow up in Putin’s face and if I was a Ukrainian army commander, I’d welcome this appointment.

With regard to NSBlue’s post of course this creature along with the others deserve to be tried for war crimes, but they won’t be.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:33 - Oct 11 with 5521 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:14 - Oct 11 by Churchman

The man, like his boss is an animal. Russia has been killing innocents for months. Torture, murder, rape and theft. So they’ve wheeled in another bit of dirt. Who cares. If he was any good, why wasn’t he appointed months ago?

Yes, he’ll sanction more murder and torture, like these people need any encouragement. He will also drive badly equipped conscripts and tattered battalions forward - probably to their deaths. The toy cupboard will be raided for more ancient T62s and 72s and hurrah, let’s get reduced to jelly. The Russian families for the most part won’t get back the bodies of their husbands, fathers and sons. The remains will just be incinerated or pitched in a hole.

From the Russian perspective, I cannot think of a worse decision than appointing a cattle driver. This could well blow up in Putin’s face and if I was a Ukrainian army commander, I’d welcome this appointment.

With regard to NSBlue’s post of course this creature along with the others deserve to be tried for war crimes, but they won’t be.

I live in hope that somehow many of them might be. As I say, many who have faced trials nobody thought ever would. Ultimately, I believe they will face perfect justice.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:39 - Oct 11 with 5505 viewsKropotkin123

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:57 - Oct 11 by Eireannach_gorm

Surovikin does have a 'savage' CV and he got to work straight away.

https://www.irishtimes.com/world/europe/2022/10/11/sergei-surovikin-the-ruthless

Looks like Doctor Evil...

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:42 - Oct 11 with 5497 viewsKropotkin123

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:28 - Oct 11 by Eireannach_gorm

These guys have definitely changed my views of Russian intentions in Ukraine.

I don't know which one is more deluded.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:59 - Oct 11 with 5478 viewsKropotkin123

"The Ukrainian Main Military Intelligence Directorate (GUR) also reported that Putin has been planning this attack prior to the Kerch Strait Bridge explosion, and if true, could indicate that Putin planned this attack for the deflection of the Kharkiv-Izyum-Lyman failures." - I found this interesting. It is likely to be true. The attacks, whilst bad, further illustrate that Russia is failing. They are failing on the battlefield and claiming they successfully hit their targets. Hitting civilians, as horrific as it is, doesn't impact Ukrainian operational capacity and serves to strengthen their resolve (eg, they must win, as this is what Russia is prepared to do to their civilian population if they lose).*

Also good to see "US President Joe Biden has promised his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelenskyy that the United States will provide the country with advanced air systems after Russia launched missiles against multiple cities in Ukraine including the capital Kyiv."**

*ISW
** Al Jazeera

Login to get fewer ads

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 21:13 - Oct 11 with 5470 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:59 - Oct 11 by Kropotkin123

"The Ukrainian Main Military Intelligence Directorate (GUR) also reported that Putin has been planning this attack prior to the Kerch Strait Bridge explosion, and if true, could indicate that Putin planned this attack for the deflection of the Kharkiv-Izyum-Lyman failures." - I found this interesting. It is likely to be true. The attacks, whilst bad, further illustrate that Russia is failing. They are failing on the battlefield and claiming they successfully hit their targets. Hitting civilians, as horrific as it is, doesn't impact Ukrainian operational capacity and serves to strengthen their resolve (eg, they must win, as this is what Russia is prepared to do to their civilian population if they lose).*

Also good to see "US President Joe Biden has promised his Ukrainian counterpart Volodymyr Zelenskyy that the United States will provide the country with advanced air systems after Russia launched missiles against multiple cities in Ukraine including the capital Kyiv."**

*ISW
** Al Jazeera

I think Putin needs to be told three days notice to remove helicopters and air assets. No fly zone to be imposed at the behest of a country under attack. Russia is under no threat. It just needs to remove its airborne junk by the weekend back to its own, fully guaranteed borders.

Simple.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:22 - Oct 12 with 5332 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:14 - Oct 11 by Churchman

Just some minor adjustments necessary.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:50 - Oct 12 with 5306 viewsEireannach_gorm

Nice shot.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:18 - Oct 12 with 5231 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:22 - Oct 12 by Eireannach_gorm

Just some minor adjustments necessary.

The last T62 was produced in 1975. 47 years ago. Protection was poor even by 1960s standards. Nor at the time were they that reliable. When it went into service it was outclassed by the Chieftain and the American battle tank of the time. It’ll be fine for mowing down civilians and putting holes in blocks of flats, if it doesn’t break down first.

I like the clip of the bloke with the rusty old engines. Looked like scrapyard challenge. These old relics are a pile of junk and no amount of paint, upgrades, loader training will make it better than unreliable coffins for the poor conscripts that’ll be shoved into them. Talk about emptying the toy cupboard
[Post edited 12 Oct 2022 23:42]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:06 - Oct 13 with 5158 viewsEireannach_gorm

Its a very valid point.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:35 - Oct 13 with 5146 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:06 - Oct 13 by Eireannach_gorm

Its a very valid point.

Yet more nonsense from Russia. For domestic consumption and to scare western fainthearts. It’s all noise.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-latest-news-russia-makes-world-war-three-thre

Interesting that the bodies of conscripts are already returning home. Basically they’re just throwing bodies at the problem, just as they successfully did in WW2. Tough to hide this to a domestic audience when training was promised.

Interesting how the blame is attached to local commanders, not Putin and the gang. It’s a real repeat of ‘if the Fuhrer knew’ when Germany”s butchery became common knowledge. I’m not sure it’s going to play out as Putin hopes.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2022 16:37]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:16 - Oct 13 with 5130 viewsEireannach_gorm

Ukrexit?

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russian-installed-governor-ukraines-kherson
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:22 - Oct 13 with 5129 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:16 - Oct 13 by Eireannach_gorm

Ukrexit?

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russian-installed-governor-ukraines-kherson

I noticed that. It tells me that their front line isn’t solid.

I will be very surprised if Ukraine engages in built up area fighting unless it has to. Encirclement and cut off possibly.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:16 - Oct 13 with 5093 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:18 - Oct 12 by Churchman

The last T62 was produced in 1975. 47 years ago. Protection was poor even by 1960s standards. Nor at the time were they that reliable. When it went into service it was outclassed by the Chieftain and the American battle tank of the time. It’ll be fine for mowing down civilians and putting holes in blocks of flats, if it doesn’t break down first.

I like the clip of the bloke with the rusty old engines. Looked like scrapyard challenge. These old relics are a pile of junk and no amount of paint, upgrades, loader training will make it better than unreliable coffins for the poor conscripts that’ll be shoved into them. Talk about emptying the toy cupboard
[Post edited 12 Oct 2022 23:42]

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:11 - Oct 14 with 4996 viewsWeWereZombies

'Belarus in high alert due to tensions on border, says Lukashenko
Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko says he placed his country in what he called a state of heightened terrorism alert because of tensions on its borders.

Lukashenko linked the move to his announcement on Monday that he had ordered Belarusian troops to deploy with Russian forces near Belarus’s southern border with Ukraine.

“In connection with the escalation of tension, a regime of heightened terrorist danger has been introduced,” Lukashenko said in a Russian TV interview.

“Therefore we began a procedure with the Union group of forces, the basis of which, as I already said, is the Belarusian army, which will be supplemented by units from the Russian Federation. Everything is going according to plan.”'

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2022/10/14/russia-ukraine-live-news-ukra

This development screams fifth columnists to me.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 14:52 - Oct 14 with 4964 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:11 - Oct 14 by WeWereZombies

'Belarus in high alert due to tensions on border, says Lukashenko
Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko says he placed his country in what he called a state of heightened terrorism alert because of tensions on its borders.

Lukashenko linked the move to his announcement on Monday that he had ordered Belarusian troops to deploy with Russian forces near Belarus’s southern border with Ukraine.

“In connection with the escalation of tension, a regime of heightened terrorist danger has been introduced,” Lukashenko said in a Russian TV interview.

“Therefore we began a procedure with the Union group of forces, the basis of which, as I already said, is the Belarusian army, which will be supplemented by units from the Russian Federation. Everything is going according to plan.”'

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/liveblog/2022/10/14/russia-ukraine-live-news-ukra

This development screams fifth columnists to me.

Saw this development and did a bit of research on the Belarusian position.
Belarusians do not want to fight Ukrainians even more than the Russians.
Lukashenko has to appease Putin but also his own people so will make plenty of noises and allow Russia to use airspace and territory but it will be mainly Russian troops. The danger for Lukashenko is that Poland will take a cut at them if Belarusia goes into Ukraine. This posturing is an attempt to create another front for Ukraine to defend but if it actually happens it might rebound like the last incursion from Belarus!

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:09 - Oct 14 with 4955 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 14:52 - Oct 14 by Eireannach_gorm

Saw this development and did a bit of research on the Belarusian position.
Belarusians do not want to fight Ukrainians even more than the Russians.
Lukashenko has to appease Putin but also his own people so will make plenty of noises and allow Russia to use airspace and territory but it will be mainly Russian troops. The danger for Lukashenko is that Poland will take a cut at them if Belarusia goes into Ukraine. This posturing is an attempt to create another front for Ukraine to defend but if it actually happens it might rebound like the last incursion from Belarus!

Belorussia is Russia-lite. A puppet state and a small player in the new Soviet Union. All this nonsense is to conduct an attack from the north unsung Belorussian troops.

It’ll relieve pressure on degrading Russian forces further south and apply pressure on Ukraine, US and the west. Poland won’t get involved, but it will escalate the conflict overall.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:17 - Oct 14 with 4922 viewsEireannach_gorm

Bee vigilant.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:20 - Oct 14 with 4903 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:09 - Oct 14 by Churchman

Belorussia is Russia-lite. A puppet state and a small player in the new Soviet Union. All this nonsense is to conduct an attack from the north unsung Belorussian troops.

It’ll relieve pressure on degrading Russian forces further south and apply pressure on Ukraine, US and the west. Poland won’t get involved, but it will escalate the conflict overall.

Belorussia is weak militarily. It has a small conscript army. Something like 12-15k with a load more in reserve. In 2020 it had about 1200 tanks, the majority of which are in reserve and some of which have been sent to Russia. They’re all old T72s. The artillery is Cold War stuff. The Air Force has about 25 Su25 and MIG29s and 4 more modern Su30s. Whoopee.

The fat idiot in charge does have a very fine woolly hat though.

Basically it’ll be as had been a staging post for Russia and a political piece to play by Putin. It could easily and quickly become a liability for Russia in the same way Italy was to Adolf.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:00 - Oct 14 with 4870 viewsChurchman

Interesting article from France24.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20221014-rape-used-in-ukraine-as-a-russian

I hope nobody seriously wants to sanitise and negotiate with that animal Putin and associated scum..
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:26 - Oct 14 with 4851 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:00 - Oct 14 by Churchman

Interesting article from France24.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20221014-rape-used-in-ukraine-as-a-russian

I hope nobody seriously wants to sanitise and negotiate with that animal Putin and associated scum..

Denatzification is not a simple task.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:37 - Oct 14 with 4847 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:26 - Oct 14 by Eireannach_gorm

Denatzification is not a simple task.

Sadly, rape, murder, theft, torture, intimidation is actually very simple if that’s what you enjoy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024