Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. 17:42 - Apr 25 with 419461 viewsEireannach_gorm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/25/evidence-ukraine-women-raped-befor

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-turned-a-bucha-building-into-an-execution-si
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:13 - Oct 26 with 6372 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 21:19 - Oct 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not certain what this means:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/police-raid-home-of-russian-paris-hilton-an

I'll give you a hint.

'Ms Sobchak has become a vocal critic of the Russian president'
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:55 - Oct 26 with 6352 viewsEireannach_gorm

Ukrainian's advancing again.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:14 - Oct 27 with 6268 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:55 - Oct 26 by Eireannach_gorm

Ukrainian's advancing again.

Interesting that Russia is making increasingly wild accusations from a dirty bomb to chemical weapons. Putin is due to issue another spew of lies today, laced with bile and threats. As ever the western media will lap it up and people will recoil in horror - precisely what he wants.

I notice that while his ramshackle army is struggling, attacks continue on infrastructure. A sensible tactic with winter approaching. There is also the threat from Belarus which will cut western supply lines. Since Belarus military is poor, it’ll have to be Russian forces and the question is have the the strength for this?

Given the level of rhetoric and threat from Putin and his lickspittles, I have my doubts.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 14:26 - Oct 27 with 6247 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 21:19 - Oct 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not certain what this means:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/police-raid-home-of-russian-paris-hilton-an

A bit more on this.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/putin-s-goddaughter-flees-russia-hours-befo

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 14:30 - Oct 27 with 6242 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:13 - Oct 26 by Eireannach_gorm

I'll give you a hint.

'Ms Sobchak has become a vocal critic of the Russian president'

She also stood against him in an election (although the implication from many was that it was simply to give the process more/some credibility). It would suggest that there is a tightening on cracking down on opposition to the war or that this individual has become more outspoken. The extra article linked above shows she managed to flee the country. There are clearly people close to Putin who are open in their opposition to the war. Even for them that is very brave. Hopefully it will make him think but I won't hold my breath.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:34 - Oct 27 with 6186 viewsChurchman

I read the latest drivel from Putin. Same old bilge. The animal is banking on engendering fear because he believes all but him are weak. It’s up to western leaders to demonstrate otherwise.

Putiin is a tool but a dangerous one. The sooner that thing is disposed of the better.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:54 - Oct 27 with 6155 viewsLord_Lucan

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:34 - Oct 27 by Churchman

I read the latest drivel from Putin. Same old bilge. The animal is banking on engendering fear because he believes all but him are weak. It’s up to western leaders to demonstrate otherwise.

Putiin is a tool but a dangerous one. The sooner that thing is disposed of the better.

We have an ex military guy working for us now, in fact he's a nutter but a genuinely lovely man with a heart of gold - but wouldn't hesitate killing you.

Anyhoo, we were talking about Putin the other day (in an Alan Partridge / Michael stance to be fair) and I said that Putin wouldn't nuke Ukraine because the fallout would blow back to Russia, it would be like nuking themselves.

He went on to say that if they exploded the nuke high enough it wouldn't blow back - also it would cut out Europes power supply but if Russia protected their own by shutting it down for a while (and doing something that I didn't understand but he explained it by putting the power supply into a metal blanket) then they could switch there's on again.

Now then, he could be talking sh1te but it's fairly obvious that we mortals have no clue about the potential destruction, tactics and whatever is capable.

I care little or even nothing about my own situation but I worry about my kids and grandkids.

Not sure why it's not spoken about more frequently to be honest, maybe people are in denial. I'm a bit concerned to be honest.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:03 - Oct 27 with 6129 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:54 - Oct 27 by Lord_Lucan

We have an ex military guy working for us now, in fact he's a nutter but a genuinely lovely man with a heart of gold - but wouldn't hesitate killing you.

Anyhoo, we were talking about Putin the other day (in an Alan Partridge / Michael stance to be fair) and I said that Putin wouldn't nuke Ukraine because the fallout would blow back to Russia, it would be like nuking themselves.

He went on to say that if they exploded the nuke high enough it wouldn't blow back - also it would cut out Europes power supply but if Russia protected their own by shutting it down for a while (and doing something that I didn't understand but he explained it by putting the power supply into a metal blanket) then they could switch there's on again.

Now then, he could be talking sh1te but it's fairly obvious that we mortals have no clue about the potential destruction, tactics and whatever is capable.

I care little or even nothing about my own situation but I worry about my kids and grandkids.

Not sure why it's not spoken about more frequently to be honest, maybe people are in denial. I'm a bit concerned to be honest.

You summed him up as a complete nutter.

The only way he could guarantee fallout would not blow back on Russia would be by controlling (or being very sure about) the wind direction at the relevant altitudes. The other part I suspect is about the Electromagnetic Pulse created. The idea of covering the Russian Power Network with a metal blanket is a non-starter. Creating some sort of Farasday Cage would be the most likely effective protection possibly. I doubt that would be possible on the scale needed either.

Login to get fewer ads

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:22 - Oct 27 with 6107 viewsLord_Lucan

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:03 - Oct 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

You summed him up as a complete nutter.

The only way he could guarantee fallout would not blow back on Russia would be by controlling (or being very sure about) the wind direction at the relevant altitudes. The other part I suspect is about the Electromagnetic Pulse created. The idea of covering the Russian Power Network with a metal blanket is a non-starter. Creating some sort of Farasday Cage would be the most likely effective protection possibly. I doubt that would be possible on the scale needed either.

Well you have put my mind at rest a little - but not a lot.

...........and yes, Killer Nick is a mental, I have him on piece work at the moment and he generally works from 3am to 7pm - although yesterday he started at 01.30am.

Basically he cannot sleep. He is an interesting man though, he only has one boll0ck because one got shot off in The Falklands - moving on he worked as a mercenary in Africa training the locals and shooting people. At one point he was employed to kill poachers but then he saw that many poachers were just so poor they wanted to sell a tusk for a pittance to a westener just to buy a bit of food.

It makes you think.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:56 - Oct 27 with 6080 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:54 - Oct 27 by Lord_Lucan

It’s not denial. If he gives it a go, there is no outcome that ends well for him. I suspect his own people will kill him, because they won’t be so keen to see themselves and their families reduced to ash. And that’s before you get to how his best mates in India and China might greet the news.

The reality is that he might try to further provoke the west by say shooting down a surveillance aircraft as they nearly did the other day when an Su30 fired a missile in the vicinity/at an RAF RC135 Rivet Joint aircraft. Or carry on ploughing up cables etc.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:59 - Oct 27 with 6069 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 14:30 - Oct 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

She also stood against him in an election (although the implication from many was that it was simply to give the process more/some credibility). It would suggest that there is a tightening on cracking down on opposition to the war or that this individual has become more outspoken. The extra article linked above shows she managed to flee the country. There are clearly people close to Putin who are open in their opposition to the war. Even for them that is very brave. Hopefully it will make him think but I won't hold my breath.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 00:05 - Oct 28 with 6060 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:59 - Oct 27 by Eireannach_gorm

Interesting that she is crossing the border on foot and looking very nervous. As we know Putin has a long reach.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 00:31 - Oct 28 with 6043 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 01:23 - Oct 28 with 6019 viewsEireannach_gorm

Very little mention of all this.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 06:20 - Oct 30 with 5873 viewsKropotkin123

Anyone else getting targeted by Russia propaganda at the moment? It's following me around on YouTube, etc. So tedious.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:27 - Oct 30 with 5829 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 06:20 - Oct 30 by Kropotkin123

Anyone else getting targeted by Russia propaganda at the moment? It's following me around on YouTube, etc. So tedious.

No but Ukraine seems to be targeting Crimea more successfully.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. (n/t) on 11:11 - Nov 1 with 5740 viewsEireannach_gorm

This post has been edited by an administrator
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:44 - Nov 1 with 5723 viewsPassionNotAnger

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. (n/t) on 11:11 - Nov 1 by Eireannach_gorm

This post has been edited by an administrator

Assuming that’s a genuine picture I’m really not sure it’s appropriate to post on a public forum like this?
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:17 - Nov 1 with 5711 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:44 - Nov 1 by PassionNotAnger

Assuming that’s a genuine picture I’m really not sure it’s appropriate to post on a public forum like this?

I suppose that it is inappropriate that civilians are killed in wars.
Apologies for upsetting you by showing the reality of what's happening in Ukraine.
I expect you don't want to see the excavations of bodies at Izium either.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:31 - Nov 1 with 5697 viewsPassionNotAnger

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:17 - Nov 1 by Eireannach_gorm

I suppose that it is inappropriate that civilians are killed in wars.
Apologies for upsetting you by showing the reality of what's happening in Ukraine.
I expect you don't want to see the excavations of bodies at Izium either.

It’s not “upsetting me” but this a public forum, posting a picture of a victims body isn’t really the place. I abhor the war instigated by that scumbag Putin with every ounce of my body so don’t try to make this about anything else
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:30 - Nov 1 with 5617 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:31 - Nov 1 by PassionNotAnger

It’s not “upsetting me” but this a public forum, posting a picture of a victims body isn’t really the place. I abhor the war instigated by that scumbag Putin with every ounce of my body so don’t try to make this about anything else

I got it off a news item which was public so I am not sure the point you are trying to make especially with the little rider you put in about it being genuine. Maybe it is you who is making it about something else.

Taking note of your input, there are no pictures of dead people in my next item ( only a person who had a fruitful life but not any more ).

Dmytro Serbin was a legendary Ukrainian national American football team player and a talented cardiologist. With his teams, he won multiple Ukrainian and international sports tournaments.

At the frontline, he worked as a military medic. A few days ago, he died while rescuing a wounded defender on the battlefield.

Russia extinguishes another bright light in the name of empire building.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:01 - Nov 1 with 5570 viewsPhilTWTD

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:30 - Nov 1 by Eireannach_gorm

I got it off a news item which was public so I am not sure the point you are trying to make especially with the little rider you put in about it being genuine. Maybe it is you who is making it about something else.

Taking note of your input, there are no pictures of dead people in my next item ( only a person who had a fruitful life but not any more ).

Dmytro Serbin was a legendary Ukrainian national American football team player and a talented cardiologist. With his teams, he won multiple Ukrainian and international sports tournaments.

At the frontline, he worked as a military medic. A few days ago, he died while rescuing a wounded defender on the battlefield.

Russia extinguishes another bright light in the name of empire building.

I've removed the first image as children use the site. I do appreciate what you say about that civilians dying being the reality of war.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:51 - Nov 3 with 5385 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Went to a presentation tonight from 2 Ukranian Christian workers. One thing they asked for prayer for is that those Pastors and Christian aid workers who are dealing with those from the frontline would not become bitter and vengeful towards the enemy as they witness the horrors inflicted.

This winter is expected to get to -30 degrees C. With Russia targeting infrastructure - water, electricity and gas supplies - there are a lot of internally displace people and those who are still resident who are going to be in desperate need.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:12 - Nov 4 with 5304 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Medvedev on form...

"Russia is a huge and rich country. We do not need foreign territories, we have everything in abundance. But there is our land, which is sacred to us, on which our ancestors lived and on which our people live today. And which we will not give to anyone.

He says they are fighting against “a bunch of crazy Nazi drug addicts, people drugged and intimidated by them, and a large pack of barking dogs from the western kennel” and that therefore “we have acquired sacred power”.

He finishes:

We have the opportunity to send all enemies to the fiery Gehenna, but this is not our task. We listen to the words of the creator in our hearts and obey them. These words give us a sacred purpose. The goal is to stop the supreme ruler of hell, no matter what name he uses — Satan, Lucifer or Iblis. For his goal is death. Our goal is life. His weapon is an intricate lie. And our weapons are truth. That is why our cause is right. That is why victory will be ours! Happy Holidays!"

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:08 - Nov 4 with 5249 viewsTeHuia

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:12 - Nov 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Medvedev on form...

"Russia is a huge and rich country. We do not need foreign territories, we have everything in abundance. But there is our land, which is sacred to us, on which our ancestors lived and on which our people live today. And which we will not give to anyone.

He says they are fighting against “a bunch of crazy Nazi drug addicts, people drugged and intimidated by them, and a large pack of barking dogs from the western kennel” and that therefore “we have acquired sacred power”.

He finishes:

We have the opportunity to send all enemies to the fiery Gehenna, but this is not our task. We listen to the words of the creator in our hearts and obey them. These words give us a sacred purpose. The goal is to stop the supreme ruler of hell, no matter what name he uses — Satan, Lucifer or Iblis. For his goal is death. Our goal is life. His weapon is an intricate lie. And our weapons are truth. That is why our cause is right. That is why victory will be ours! Happy Holidays!"

Wow.

This is hard. I know I'm gonna get stuffed for this.

I grew up going to Portman Road every 2nd Saturday. Sometimes with my school kit bag still on my back, at first I was about 3 steps back from the real little ones on their boxes in the East Stand, North Stand as a teenager, then Churchmans till the hooligans all got silly.

Am I allowed to say what I think here?

Only I don't live locally any more and I'm having trouble getting my head around this thread.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2022 11:13]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024