Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. 17:42 - Apr 25 with 419387 viewsEireannach_gorm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/25/evidence-ukraine-women-raped-befor

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-turned-a-bucha-building-into-an-execution-si
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:41 - Nov 25 with 5617 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 07:04 - Nov 25 by TeHuia

It’s time to put a stop to this. Now.

It is indeed.

Considering what you have posted so far, what would your method of "putting a stop to this now" involve?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 07:28 - Nov 26 with 5541 viewsChurchman

Putin’s meeting with the mothers of soldiers was interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/25/putin-talks-to-mothers-of-soldiers

It’s not interesting for the boring garbage he came out with or the tame stooges wheeled in for the PR exercise. That was aimed at his domestic audience and his external followers.

The public show of sympathy was odd because he felt the need to stage it in the first place. Something he’d not have considered doing last March. It indicates all is not well in Putinworld.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:04 - Nov 26 with 5455 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 07:28 - Nov 26 by Churchman

Putin’s meeting with the mothers of soldiers was interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/25/putin-talks-to-mothers-of-soldiers

It’s not interesting for the boring garbage he came out with or the tame stooges wheeled in for the PR exercise. That was aimed at his domestic audience and his external followers.

The public show of sympathy was odd because he felt the need to stage it in the first place. Something he’d not have considered doing last March. It indicates all is not well in Putinworld.

Dripping with irony: “It is clear that life is more complicated and diverse than what is shown on TV screens or even on the internet — you can’t trust anything there at all, there are a lot of all sorts of fakes, deception, lies,” I presume it was broadcast on TV and over the internet.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:22 - Nov 26 with 5448 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 07:04 - Nov 25 by TeHuia

It’s time to put a stop to this. Now.

It is indeed.

Indeed.

[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 19:11]
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:24 - Nov 26 with 5448 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:04 - Nov 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Dripping with irony: “It is clear that life is more complicated and diverse than what is shown on TV screens or even on the internet — you can’t trust anything there at all, there are a lot of all sorts of fakes, deception, lies,” I presume it was broadcast on TV and over the internet.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:42 - Nov 26 with 5420 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:22 - Nov 26 by Eireannach_gorm

Indeed.

Spot on. I would declare an exclusion zone for Russian shipping too (as we did with the Argies) to create a safe corridor for Ukraine shipping.

If that resulted in Putin getting a bit upset, oh dear never mind.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:50 - Nov 26 with 5390 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:42 - Nov 26 by Churchman

Spot on. I would declare an exclusion zone for Russian shipping too (as we did with the Argies) to create a safe corridor for Ukraine shipping.

If that resulted in Putin getting a bit upset, oh dear never mind.

I think it would upset him and a few other countries as soon as we sunk a Russian ship. That is why we are not prepared to do it. Russia wouldn't recognise it, so we would be forced to enforce it and we are not prepared to face the repercussions of doing so.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:10 - Nov 26 with 5348 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:50 - Nov 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think it would upset him and a few other countries as soon as we sunk a Russian ship. That is why we are not prepared to do it. Russia wouldn't recognise it, so we would be forced to enforce it and we are not prepared to face the repercussions of doing so.

Does this re-purposing of Cruise missiles count as a small degree of nuclear disarmament?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/ukraine-russia-news-live-power-restored-to-

As a matter of interest, what do they do with the nuclear warheads that are removed? I suppose they become nuclear waste.

Login to get fewer ads

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:22 - Nov 26 with 5297 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:10 - Nov 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Does this re-purposing of Cruise missiles count as a small degree of nuclear disarmament?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/ukraine-russia-news-live-power-restored-to-

As a matter of interest, what do they do with the nuclear warheads that are removed? I suppose they become nuclear waste.

The warheads will go into storage I presume, for potential use at a later date.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:28 - Nov 26 with 5285 viewsKeno

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:22 - Nov 26 by Churchman

The warheads will go into storage I presume, for potential use at a later date.

Local car boot sale sell them off as new style trendy lava lamps

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:36 - Nov 26 with 5280 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:28 - Nov 26 by Keno

Light that’ll last 10,000 years and give you a tan. Beats the heck out of LED 60w equivalent!
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:39 - Nov 26 with 5275 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 16:28 - Nov 26 by Keno

I doubt Putin would allow that amongst his population he clearly cares so much for.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 07:03 - Nov 27 with 5128 viewsTeHuia

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:41 - Nov 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Considering what you have posted so far, what would your method of "putting a stop to this now" involve?

I'd first listen to the other side.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 7:05]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:22 - Nov 27 with 5089 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 07:03 - Nov 27 by TeHuia

We’ve been listening to Putin for 20 years. He’s made it perfectly clear what he thinks, wants, does and intends to do. It isn’t complex and he’s not the first to go down this road.

The real question is whether you agree with ‘the other side’. You clearly do and can see justification in every single action of Putin. You have accepted his line that every action he has taken has been forced upon him.

In 1938, Hitler was forced to threaten war with Czechoslovakia after ill treatment, killing of Sudetenland Germans. He had no choice. He then showed magnanimity in coming to a generous agreement at Munich so saving us all from war.

Prior to that, it was the will of the Austrians to become part of the fatherland. Hitler was obliged to bring them in the fold and rid them of the awful objectors. Only right.

He was eventually pushed into war by the wicked French and British. The had caused it all with the unjust wrongs of the Versailles treaty. Hitler was a man of peace. He said so, but even the most generous of men cannot stand by when innocent Germans are being persecuted and killed in Poland. The shocking Polish attack at Gleiwitz was the last straw. Germany had no choice, if you listen and then believe the other side.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 8:24]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:25 - Nov 27 with 5084 viewsPassionNotAnger

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 07:03 - Nov 27 by TeHuia

Well that’s handy as you are clearly representing Russia’s “side” you’ve therefore heard from the “other side” repeatedly on here, so go on then, how should it be stopped? You clearly already have arrived at a view which either you haven’t got the courage to post for some reason or you’ve not got to that part in your Facebook guide yet?
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 10:46 - Nov 27 with 5019 viewsKropotkin123

ISW: Russian officials are continuing efforts to deport children to Russian under the guise of medical rehabilitation schemes and adoption programs. The Ukrainian Resistance Center reported on November 26 that the Russian occupation administration in Luhansk Oblast conducted medical examinations of 15,000 children between the ages of two and 17 and found that 70% of the children (10,500) are in need of “special medical care” that requires them to be removed to Russia for “treatment.” The Resistance Center stated that Russian officials intend these forced deportation schemes to lure children’s families to Russia to collect their children after the children receive treatments, at which point the Resistance Center assessed Russian officials will prevent those families from returning home to Ukraine. The Center‘s report is consistent with ISW’s previous assessment that Russian officials are conducting a deliberate depopulation campaign in occupied Ukrainian territories.

Russian Commissioner for Children’s Rights Maria Lvova-Belova additionally posted an excerpt from a documentary film chronicling the story of the children she adopted from Mariupol. Lvova-Belova has largely been at the forefront of the concerted Russian effort to remove Ukrainian children from Ukrainian territory and adopt them into Russian families, which may constitute a violation of the Geneva Convention as well as a deliberate ethnic cleansing campaign. Lvova-Belova's documentary is likely meant to lend legitimacy to the ongoing adoption of Ukrainian children into Russian families, just as the guise of medical necessity is likely intended to justify mass deportations of Ukrainian children to Russian territory.

Disgusting. Only the ignorant or depraved could suggest listening to Putin as a path to reconciliation.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 10:49]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:04 - Nov 27 with 5003 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 10:46 - Nov 27 by Kropotkin123

ISW: Russian officials are continuing efforts to deport children to Russian under the guise of medical rehabilitation schemes and adoption programs. The Ukrainian Resistance Center reported on November 26 that the Russian occupation administration in Luhansk Oblast conducted medical examinations of 15,000 children between the ages of two and 17 and found that 70% of the children (10,500) are in need of “special medical care” that requires them to be removed to Russia for “treatment.” The Resistance Center stated that Russian officials intend these forced deportation schemes to lure children’s families to Russia to collect their children after the children receive treatments, at which point the Resistance Center assessed Russian officials will prevent those families from returning home to Ukraine. The Center‘s report is consistent with ISW’s previous assessment that Russian officials are conducting a deliberate depopulation campaign in occupied Ukrainian territories.

Russian Commissioner for Children’s Rights Maria Lvova-Belova additionally posted an excerpt from a documentary film chronicling the story of the children she adopted from Mariupol. Lvova-Belova has largely been at the forefront of the concerted Russian effort to remove Ukrainian children from Ukrainian territory and adopt them into Russian families, which may constitute a violation of the Geneva Convention as well as a deliberate ethnic cleansing campaign. Lvova-Belova's documentary is likely meant to lend legitimacy to the ongoing adoption of Ukrainian children into Russian families, just as the guise of medical necessity is likely intended to justify mass deportations of Ukrainian children to Russian territory.

Disgusting. Only the ignorant or depraved could suggest listening to Putin as a path to reconciliation.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 10:49]

This is appalling.

I suspect that those that seek to justify the alternative point of view might say that Russia is protecting those children from evil Ukrainian nazification. Ukraine is not a country so it’s really only a case of child protection, kindness and necessity, caused by the evil west, within the state of Russia. None of anyone else’s concern. Nothing to see.

Ethnic cleansing, forced deportation, re-engineering a population to add to torture, threats theft, rape, mass killings, a war without provocation, a desire to starve and freeze a people to its will. Yet people wish to ignore, deny, hide from the reality of this disaster.

I know I have pretty aggressive views on this and it’s not me having to deal with it in my armchair, but your post just highlights the need for the world or some people in the world to stop Putin.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:27 - Nov 27 with 4955 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You are unaware that peace talks took place.

What concessions do you think Ukraine should make that you think Russia would accept? Why should they make those concessions?

Russia should be doing the listening and making the concessions.

There are no winners from any war but there is no reason why Ukraine should choose to accede defeat.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:13 - Nov 27 with 4879 viewsEireannach_gorm

Could you expand your thoughtful replies to more than soundbite sentences?
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:19 - Nov 27 with 4820 viewsEireannach_gorm

I like this one.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:35 - Nov 27 with 4813 viewsEireannach_gorm

...... and maybe you could explain it to this girl.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 01:48 - Nov 28 with 4774 viewsTeHuia

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:27 - Nov 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

You are unaware that peace talks took place.

What concessions do you think Ukraine should make that you think Russia would accept? Why should they make those concessions?

Russia should be doing the listening and making the concessions.

There are no winners from any war but there is no reason why Ukraine should choose to accede defeat.

"You are unaware that peace talks took place."

What an odd statement. False and presumptious.

"there is no reason why Ukraine should choose to accede defeat."

https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov/?v=11.115859798235405,37.439659324683056,47
[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 2:15]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 06:07 - Nov 28 with 4750 viewsKropotkin123

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 01:48 - Nov 28 by TeHuia

https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov/?v=11.115859798235405,37.439659324683056,47

What an odd statement. False and presumptious [sic].

What an odd interpretation. Seems disingenuous.

https://worldview.earthdata.na

And your solution is to listen to the people prepared to do this! Seems disingenuous.

Could you expand your thoughtful replies to more than soundbite sentences?

We all notice you fail to answer this. Seems disingenuous.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2022 6:15]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:48 - Nov 28 with 4689 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 01:48 - Nov 28 by TeHuia

Is what you post ‘banter’/wind up? I can’t believe your sound bites are serious if your answer to one country being invaded, starved, stripped and destroyed by another is to bend the knee to the aggressor.

Nah, you’re on a wind up.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:49 - Nov 28 with 4688 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"False and presumptious [sic]" Please do explain this, then: https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/ukraine-russia-peace-talks-belarus-b202477

You have not yet stated the concessions you think Ukraine should make. Nor explained why they should make them.

All you do is repeat soundbites and deny facts.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024