Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. 17:42 - Apr 25 with 419628 viewsEireannach_gorm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/25/evidence-ukraine-women-raped-befor

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-turned-a-bucha-building-into-an-execution-si
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 00:10 - Mar 3 with 4648 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:38 - Mar 2 by Eireannach_gorm

This is what I feared would happen and could be the death knell for Ukraine's defence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/01/us/politics/ukraine-russia-war-support-biden.

It’s what Putin is banking on. It’s also the weakness of Biden’s life support policy. When fatigue sets in and the will falters, it all collapses. If this is true, I can see Ukraine folding quite quickly. After Ukraine, I think we can guess whose next.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 10:17 - Mar 3 with 4552 viewsKievthegreat

Hearing a few pieces suggesting that Ukraine is withdrawing/has withdrawn from Bakhmut. Makes sense as the Russians have been taking quite advanced positions around the city, especially to the North. It has seemed to be a matter of when, not if for the last couple of weeks as Russians captured the surrounding villages and gradually captured roads into the city.

Hopefully Ukrainian forces have been able to prepare new positions beyond Bahkmut. Although I'm not sure what state the Russians will be in to continue the advance.

EDIT: Adding footage of bridge being blown
[Post edited 3 Mar 2023 10:38]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:40 - Mar 3 with 4497 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 10:17 - Mar 3 by Kievthegreat

Hearing a few pieces suggesting that Ukraine is withdrawing/has withdrawn from Bakhmut. Makes sense as the Russians have been taking quite advanced positions around the city, especially to the North. It has seemed to be a matter of when, not if for the last couple of weeks as Russians captured the surrounding villages and gradually captured roads into the city.

Hopefully Ukrainian forces have been able to prepare new positions beyond Bahkmut. Although I'm not sure what state the Russians will be in to continue the advance.

EDIT: Adding footage of bridge being blown
[Post edited 3 Mar 2023 10:38]

They have an almost unlimited supply of cannon fodder. It doesn’t take much to train recruits/prisoners in human wave formations. There is zero cost in lives to the Russians because the lives don’t matter. I suspect they plenty of ammunition too and even if they don’t. Their friends will supply what they need.

I suspect the Russians will push hard now. They may call for peace once they have taken what they want for now and everyone bar Ukraine will grasp their hands in relief. Advantage Russia at the moment. It really does remind me of the Winter War and suspect the outcome will be the same.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:59 - Mar 3 with 4445 viewsKievthegreat

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:40 - Mar 3 by Churchman

They have an almost unlimited supply of cannon fodder. It doesn’t take much to train recruits/prisoners in human wave formations. There is zero cost in lives to the Russians because the lives don’t matter. I suspect they plenty of ammunition too and even if they don’t. Their friends will supply what they need.

I suspect the Russians will push hard now. They may call for peace once they have taken what they want for now and everyone bar Ukraine will grasp their hands in relief. Advantage Russia at the moment. It really does remind me of the Winter War and suspect the outcome will be the same.

I think I'm probably a bit more optimistic, what remains to be seen is how much strength either side have really committed to Bakhmut. One hopes that Ukraine stayed rational about Bakhmut and didn't overcommit for political reasons. The symbolism of the fight for Bakhmut seems to be greatly in excess of it's strategic importance.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:05 - Mar 6 with 4270 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:40 - Mar 3 by Churchman

This is the prize they are fighting for.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:10 - Mar 6 with 4264 viewsEireannach_gorm

This

Begets this

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:14 - Mar 6 with 4259 viewsPhilTWTD

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:59 - Mar 3 by Kievthegreat

I think I'm probably a bit more optimistic, what remains to be seen is how much strength either side have really committed to Bakhmut. One hopes that Ukraine stayed rational about Bakhmut and didn't overcommit for political reasons. The symbolism of the fight for Bakhmut seems to be greatly in excess of it's strategic importance.

Indeed, from what I've read there's little strategically important about Bakhmut. Ukraine is not unhappy for Russia to be throwing men - literally - and resources at it for no wider purpose than a brief positive headline. I read somewhere that Russia is losing seven soldiers to every one of Ukraine's. And Russia eventually won't be able to replace the men they're losing and they're increasingly short of ammo and equipment.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:17 - Mar 6 with 4255 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:10 - Mar 6 by Eireannach_gorm

This

Begets this

I wonder how widespread those views are.

Saw this too.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/meet-the-traitorous-former-american-soldier

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:20 - Mar 7 with 4163 viewsChorleyBoy

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:14 - Mar 6 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, from what I've read there's little strategically important about Bakhmut. Ukraine is not unhappy for Russia to be throwing men - literally - and resources at it for no wider purpose than a brief positive headline. I read somewhere that Russia is losing seven soldiers to every one of Ukraine's. And Russia eventually won't be able to replace the men they're losing and they're increasingly short of ammo and equipment.

I fear this may be closer to reality even though it makes uncomfortable listening for EVERYONE.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/fFMZIfYEczd3/

What a mess the world is in right now.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 17:54 - Mar 8 with 4011 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:20 - Mar 7 by ChorleyBoy

I fear this may be closer to reality even though it makes uncomfortable listening for EVERYONE.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/fFMZIfYEczd3/

What a mess the world is in right now.

I haven't watched to see what your favourite commentator is saying but a more impartial estimate is around 50,000 Russians to 13,000 Ukrainians.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vikrammittal/2023/03/05/military-casualties-in-russ

https://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-russia-elon-muks-troop-deaths-war-1779496

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/06/ukraine-war-live-updates-latest-news-on-russia-a

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:35 - Mar 8 with 3974 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:14 - Mar 6 by PhilTWTD

I’m not convinced that is the case. If you are happy to resort to human wave tactics, the recruits need little training, kit or ammunition. If they’re wiped out, shove along the next lot. Russia has an unlimited supply of men and cares not a jot about them. Superior numbers usually win. It’s effective. History tells us that.

The resilience of Ukraine to huge losses both military, civilian and material has been extraordinary. Amazing people. Against Russias cannon fodder human wave approach and support from China and Iran, I’m not sure how more Ukraine can do without serious external support. Let’s face it, for countries with run down military and weak leadership like the U.K. the cupboard is just about bare.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2023 18:36]
[Redacted] on 18:39 - Mar 8 with 3956 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:37 - Mar 8 with 3920 viewsKievthegreat

[Redacted] on 18:39 - Mar 8 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I don't think it can be called a false flag as there was no pretending to be another country involved. Just everyone saying "it wasn't me" and no hard proof, at least publically, who did it.

For what it's worth, I think whoever's did it made the right decision and it wouldn't surprise me to see it was done by the UK or US. Although I suspect if it was carried out by one of these countries, that Germany, Sweden, Denmark, etc... were forewarned, even if they were allowed to plead ignorance publically.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:41 - Mar 8 with 3907 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

[Redacted] on 18:39 - Mar 8 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Fair to say everyone was happy to presume it was the Russians at the time which never made any sense.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:47 - Mar 8 with 3898 viewsPhilTWTD

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:35 - Mar 8 by Churchman

I’m not convinced that is the case. If you are happy to resort to human wave tactics, the recruits need little training, kit or ammunition. If they’re wiped out, shove along the next lot. Russia has an unlimited supply of men and cares not a jot about them. Superior numbers usually win. It’s effective. History tells us that.

The resilience of Ukraine to huge losses both military, civilian and material has been extraordinary. Amazing people. Against Russias cannon fodder human wave approach and support from China and Iran, I’m not sure how more Ukraine can do without serious external support. Let’s face it, for countries with run down military and weak leadership like the U.K. the cupboard is just about bare.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2023 18:36]

Russia doesn't have an unlimited supply of men, though. It has steered away from a wider conscription as politically it could cause them problems.

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukraine-recruitment-kremlin-putin-troops-manpowe
[Redacted] on 19:52 - Mar 8 with 3894 viewsvictorywilhappen

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:37 - Mar 8 by Kievthegreat

I don't think it can be called a false flag as there was no pretending to be another country involved. Just everyone saying "it wasn't me" and no hard proof, at least publically, who did it.

For what it's worth, I think whoever's did it made the right decision and it wouldn't surprise me to see it was done by the UK or US. Although I suspect if it was carried out by one of these countries, that Germany, Sweden, Denmark, etc... were forewarned, even if they were allowed to plead ignorance publically.

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 20:04 - Mar 8 with 3880 viewsvictorywilhappen

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:47 - Mar 8 by PhilTWTD

Russia doesn't have an unlimited supply of men, though. It has steered away from a wider conscription as politically it could cause them problems.

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukraine-recruitment-kremlin-putin-troops-manpowe

[Redacted]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:36 - Mar 8 with 3849 viewsPhilTWTD

[Redacted] on 20:04 - Mar 8 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

That is what Putin believes and hopes!
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:46 - Mar 8 with 3831 viewsNthsuffolkblue

[Redacted] on 20:04 - Mar 8 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

There are suggestions that the Wagner bosses don't see it quite the same way. A reliance on lives being dispensable depends on the middle leaders agreeing. The prison population is finite and some prisoners are already failing to be fully controlled.

[Redacted] on 21:11 - Mar 8 with 3779 viewsvictorywilhappen

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:46 - Mar 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

There are suggestions that the Wagner bosses don't see it quite the same way. A reliance on lives being dispensable depends on the middle leaders agreeing. The prison population is finite and some prisoners are already failing to be fully controlled.

[Redacted]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 21:17 - Mar 8 with 3761 viewsNthsuffolkblue

[Redacted] on 21:11 - Mar 8 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

This is true.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:14 - Mar 9 with 3645 viewsKievthegreat

[Redacted] on 19:52 - Mar 8 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I'd be pretty confident that most countries behind closed doors have worked out who was likely to blame. Plus even if it was Ukraine, most countries in the West would still be okay with it (Germany might be a bit pissed). The country that has benefited most from it is arguably Norway as they removed the biggest competitor in the market.

I think that NATO will do the calculation and determine that for the West as a whole (and Ukraine), the destruction of a pipeline that was funding a huge part of the Russian war effort is a far bigger win than any diplomatic blowback.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:14 - Mar 9 with 3628 viewsDJR

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 19:37 - Mar 8 by Kievthegreat

I've always thought that it was a Western government or governments behind it and it was done for strategic reasons, as it seemed too sophisticated for a non-state player, who would presumably have been caught by surveillance at the time.

The fact that it's taken over six months for a possible culprit to emerge merely confirms this, given that, say, the US is normally very quick to apportion blame, unless it itself is the culprit in which case the truth tends to drip out.
[Redacted] on 14:42 - Mar 9 with 3571 viewsvictorywilhappen

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:14 - Mar 9 by Kievthegreat

I'd be pretty confident that most countries behind closed doors have worked out who was likely to blame. Plus even if it was Ukraine, most countries in the West would still be okay with it (Germany might be a bit pissed). The country that has benefited most from it is arguably Norway as they removed the biggest competitor in the market.

I think that NATO will do the calculation and determine that for the West as a whole (and Ukraine), the destruction of a pipeline that was funding a huge part of the Russian war effort is a far bigger win than any diplomatic blowback.

[Redacted]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 18:45 - Mar 9 with 3494 viewsKievthegreat

[Redacted] on 14:42 - Mar 9 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I think terrorist is a good word to highlight the issue of perspective. If you described the activities of resistance movements of WW2 without context, many people would describe them as terrorist. Destruction of infrastructure, murder of members of armed forces and politicians, violent insurrection and much more. Context does matter.

With regards the 3 specific examples, the first is going to happen. It has also happened in Moldova as well (which wouldn't bring in NATO). If Russia missiles fly over or close to 3rd countries airspace, Ukraine will shoot them down and that will always bring a risk. Plus even if it was a Russian missile, I still don't think we'd get article 5, more likely a strong rebuke as NATO doesn't want direct involvement (except maybe Poland).

The last depends on who carried it out. We've had reports that it was a US/Norway operation, Russia has blamed the UK, and the latest leak from the NY Times suggests it was a Ukrainian group. Bringing NATO in by destroying the pipeline seems hopeful in the extreme, much more likely (and borne out by that fact it hasn't pulled NATO in) it was to cut off Russia's ability to export Gas to Europe.

The middle one I presume relates to the grenade launcher given to the Polish Chief of Police which should have been unloaded but clearly wasn't. Seems more likely a poor choice of gift that blew up in the recipient's face, almost literally infact, than an assassination attempt. Especially as there was no great push to try and blame Russia as there was in the other 2.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024