Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not a true reflection of us as a team. 21:01 - Apr 30 with 1872 viewsericclacton

Charlston were told off half time for strolling about,it made a tiny tad of difference to their display which was, they really didn't care to be there.

Not a true reflection of us as a team. on 21:09 - Apr 30 with 1795 viewsNthsuffolkblue

An end of season dead rubber isn't going to mean a lot.

However, had we failed to win, next season would have been "Ipswich who haven't won since March 26th". Instead it will be Ipswich who have only won once in their last 6.

It was also a decent experience for Baggott and a first team appearance for Humphreys. Bakinson will have been pleased to register a goal and Burns gets his name on the top scorers list.

There were positives but it was also pretty meaningless. A really good manager will always want to get a win even if it is only to make their own win percentage better. It is partly about having that winning mentality.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Not a true reflection of us as a team. on 21:13 - Apr 30 with 1758 viewsjayessess

Hard to say what is a true reflection of us as a team though. The 2 points per game January-February-March, competing well with the League winners last week? Or getting turned over by Cambridge, conceding bad late equalisers to Shrewsbury and Crewe, crumbling at Rotherham?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Not a true reflection of us as a team. on 21:17 - Apr 30 with 1735 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not a true reflection of us as a team. on 21:13 - Apr 30 by jayessess

Hard to say what is a true reflection of us as a team though. The 2 points per game January-February-March, competing well with the League winners last week? Or getting turned over by Cambridge, conceding bad late equalisers to Shrewsbury and Crewe, crumbling at Rotherham?

Both are which is why we are 11th.

If the good run was we would be top 4. If the last part was, we would be bottom 6.

We need to keep the first part and cut out the others. Where would the points we have thrown away this season have put us? How many points have we actually gained from coming from behind either? Not enough I would suggest.

Not a true reflection of us as a team. on 21:34 - Apr 30 with 1608 viewsJohnTy

Not a true reflection of us as a team. on 21:17 - Apr 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

Both are which is why we are 11th.

If the good run was we would be top 4. If the last part was, we would be bottom 6.

We need to keep the first part and cut out the others. Where would the points we have thrown away this season have put us? How many points have we actually gained from coming from behind either? Not enough I would suggest.

The form table in interesting. We got as many points as Wigan in the last 6 games.
Not a true reflection of us as a team. on 22:53 - Apr 30 with 1359 viewsChurchman

Not a true reflection of us as a team. on 21:09 - Apr 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

An end of season dead rubber isn't going to mean a lot.

However, had we failed to win, next season would have been "Ipswich who haven't won since March 26th". Instead it will be Ipswich who have only won once in their last 6.

It was also a decent experience for Baggott and a first team appearance for Humphreys. Bakinson will have been pleased to register a goal and Burns gets his name on the top scorers list.

There were positives but it was also pretty meaningless. A really good manager will always want to get a win even if it is only to make their own win percentage better. It is partly about having that winning mentality.

Every game from Cambridge on has been a dead rubber. But the reaction from some suggests not. No free hits and all that stuff. In fact I think every game is important. I cared not a jot whether we finished 7th or 17th. It’s about what the manager learned about his players over the last month. KM has been here 4.5 months. Not long and he will gain more from the poor games in April than today.

We need to start next season right. No messed up pre season, bomb squad scrambling, last minute signings. Just a more developed version of what we have. A goal scorer or two, dead ball side of the game sorted, a little more balance in the squad and we will have fun next year. The team is a lot closer than the table suggests and some people think, in my view. I base that on how we played against the better teams bar Rotherham and SW away.

Wigan and MK have been deservedly promoted. Well done to them, but were they better than us in the 4 games played? I don’t think so.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 22:55]
Not a true reflection of us as a team. on 22:55 - Apr 30 with 1342 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not a true reflection of us as a team. on 22:53 - Apr 30 by Churchman

Every game from Cambridge on has been a dead rubber. But the reaction from some suggests not. No free hits and all that stuff. In fact I think every game is important. I cared not a jot whether we finished 7th or 17th. It’s about what the manager learned about his players over the last month. KM has been here 4.5 months. Not long and he will gain more from the poor games in April than today.

We need to start next season right. No messed up pre season, bomb squad scrambling, last minute signings. Just a more developed version of what we have. A goal scorer or two, dead ball side of the game sorted, a little more balance in the squad and we will have fun next year. The team is a lot closer than the table suggests and some people think, in my view. I base that on how we played against the better teams bar Rotherham and SW away.

Wigan and MK have been deservedly promoted. Well done to them, but were they better than us in the 4 games played? I don’t think so.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 22:55]

MK haven't been promoted ... Rotherham have.

Not a true reflection of us as a team. on 05:34 - May 1 with 1119 viewsChurchman

Not a true reflection of us as a team. on 22:55 - Apr 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

MK haven't been promoted ... Rotherham have.

Good point! I don’t know what the heck I was looking at. I should have said largely competitive with the better teams. Oh well.
Not a true reflection of us as a team. on 08:48 - May 1 with 891 viewstractorboy7777

If you run a form table from the time McKenna was here, we would have to be comfortably top of that to have made the play offs this year. I make it that we would have needed 54 from 23 games which would have been one hell of an achievement.

It probably sounds stupid but I’m glad we missed out on 70 rather than the huge total Plymouth did as I wouldn’t be able to cope! I believe we were 5th in the form table under McKenna so that is proof we are moving in the right direction, even if 11th place doesn’t.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/daterange/fromdate:2
[Post edited 1 May 2022 8:50]

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Login to get fewer ads

Not a true reflection of us as a team. on 10:09 - May 1 with 741 viewsBattersea_Blue

By my calculation, if we'd have won our last 6 games we'd still only have got to 82 points, 1 behind Wycombe in 6th. It was the excellent form of Sheff Wed, Sunderland and Wycombe (and Plymouth) over that period that also cost us. 83 points to finish 6th is a huge total.

Plymouth must be gutted.
Not a true reflection of us as a team. on 10:56 - May 1 with 667 viewsPinewoodblue

Not a true reflection of us as a team. on 08:48 - May 1 by tractorboy7777

If you run a form table from the time McKenna was here, we would have to be comfortably top of that to have made the play offs this year. I make it that we would have needed 54 from 23 games which would have been one hell of an achievement.

It probably sounds stupid but I’m glad we missed out on 70 rather than the huge total Plymouth did as I wouldn’t be able to cope! I believe we were 5th in the form table under McKenna so that is proof we are moving in the right direction, even if 11th place doesn’t.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/daterange/fromdate:2
[Post edited 1 May 2022 8:50]

Does also highlight the fact that some improvement is still needed, unless we want a squeaky bum ending to next season.

If you look at results for all teams, last 23 games, we are 5th in the table BUT if you look at last 24 games we are 7th. Far too close for comfort if next season follows a similar pattern to the one just ended.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024