Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
iCloud madness - need help please. 22:26 - May 19 with 628 viewsLord_Lucan

So…. I run MacBook at home and iMac at work plus iPhone.

Spent last four hours of the day at work today on the iMac finishing off complex excel sheet.

Get home to edit a few bits and notice MacBook hasn’t synced. Spent last hour trying to sort it and in between looked at iPhone and noticed updated excel sheet is on there.

Still can’t get the MacBook to sync so I thought I would email myself the updated file from my phone and work on that but phone version has reverted back to my old unsynced MacBook version.

It’s as if MacBook has taken control and regressed my phone - will it do the same to my iMac?

What’s going on?

Am I screwed?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

iCloud madness - need help please. on 22:46 - May 19 with 576 viewsdeaddogsmoking

How do you like them apples?

Not helpful, I know, but I've always wanted to get that pun in!
iCloud madness - need help please. on 22:51 - May 19 with 562 viewsmarchy

What happens if you sign into iCloud.com in a browser on the MacBook, is the right version in there?
iCloud madness - need help please. on 22:53 - May 19 with 554 viewsLord_Lucan

iCloud madness - need help please. on 22:51 - May 19 by marchy

What happens if you sign into iCloud.com in a browser on the MacBook, is the right version in there?

No - the old version is there

I'm screwed!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

iCloud madness - need help please. on 22:54 - May 19 with 544 viewsmarchy

iCloud madness - need help please. on 22:53 - May 19 by Lord_Lucan

No - the old version is there

I'm screwed!

What about in "Recently deleted"? (Bottom right-hand corner of the browser version)
iCloud madness - need help please. on 23:18 - May 19 with 517 viewsLord_Lucan

iCloud madness - need help please. on 22:54 - May 19 by marchy

What about in "Recently deleted"? (Bottom right-hand corner of the browser version)

Well, I went back onto icloud, had a fiddle about and it advised me I had two versions of the same file and to select which one to keep, so, all is now good.

Not sure if this is what you were telling me to do but thanks anyway.

I am a happy man!

iCloud madness - need help please. on 23:40 - May 19 with 498 viewsmarchy

iCloud madness - need help please. on 23:18 - May 19 by Lord_Lucan

Well, I went back onto icloud, had a fiddle about and it advised me I had two versions of the same file and to select which one to keep, so, all is now good.

Not sure if this is what you were telling me to do but thanks anyway.

I am a happy man!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024