Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? 21:11 - Jun 3 with 2419 viewsportitfcman

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeA5tnzlbCV/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 21:23 - Jun 3 with 2314 viewsMattinLondon

I hope not. It’s really poor.
Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 21:24 - Jun 3 with 2311 viewsPowrigan

Looks tatty enough to be a legit Umbro shirt
[Post edited 3 Jun 2022 21:25]
Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 21:29 - Jun 3 with 2251 viewsITFC_Forever

Surely that’s a template for a mass-produced kit for local teams?

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 22:11 - Jun 3 with 2124 viewsBasingstokeBlue

I’m pretty confident we’ll not be wearing red.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 07:11 - Jun 4 with 1728 viewsSTYG

I doubt we will get Cowdenbeaths old kit.

It’s a lower league template used by a load of small clubs.

Burnley, Hull, Luton, Huddersfield etc all got really nice bespoke kits.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2022 7:15]
Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 07:53 - Jun 4 with 1640 viewsIpswichKnight

All our Umbro kits bar 2 have been utter bobbins. The blue home and away orange kits we got promoted to the PL in are the only exceptions. I fear we’re going to be very very disappointed.
Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 08:11 - Jun 4 with 1595 viewsSTYG

Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 07:53 - Jun 4 by IpswichKnight

All our Umbro kits bar 2 have been utter bobbins. The blue home and away orange kits we got promoted to the PL in are the only exceptions. I fear we’re going to be very very disappointed.

They are bobbins because we were.

If we’d finished 3rd in 94/94 we’d all be clamouring from black panels on the home kit and pinstripes on an all red away. It’s the same reason Norwich love the worst shirt ever. Because they were good for a season in it.

We’d have five pretty poor Adidas kits and three decent ones, which even then were often templates - Bosnia. Umbro, along with Hummel, have been the ones making the best kits of late for clubs out side while Adidas, Nike, Puma and the rest serve up bland templates.

We may end up with something very, very nice for the first time in ages.
Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 09:06 - Jun 4 with 1490 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 07:53 - Jun 4 by IpswichKnight

I can confidently predict no matter what the kit looks like, some people will love it, and some people will hate it.

And several people will reveal themselves to be experts in fit, man made fabrics and sportswear technology.

It's the TWTD way.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 09:14 - Jun 4 with 1472 viewsKeno

Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 09:06 - Jun 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

I can confidently predict no matter what the kit looks like, some people will love it, and some people will hate it.

And several people will reveal themselves to be experts in fit, man made fabrics and sportswear technology.

It's the TWTD way.

Frankly its a disgrace and I am appalled by it!! Ashton and who whoever is responsible for it should resign immediately and if thats the best we can come up the club should be closed down straight away!!

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 09:58 - Jun 4 with 1362 viewsPendejo

This umbro shirt is what the team wore on my first trip to PR

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 10:07 - Jun 4 with 1292 viewsChurchman

Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 09:58 - Jun 4 by Pendejo

This umbro shirt is what the team wore on my first trip to PR

And what a great kit that was (Mariner’s debut in the 7-0 WBA demolition).

Being a boring old git I love those simple designs. Classy doesn't have to have a lot of patterns on it and silliness just to look different.
Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 10:22 - Jun 4 with 1256 viewsKeno

Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 10:07 - Jun 4 by Churchman

And what a great kit that was (Mariner’s debut in the 7-0 WBA demolition).

Being a boring old git I love those simple designs. Classy doesn't have to have a lot of patterns on it and silliness just to look different.

**ahem** home debut

Played at old Trafford the week before

https://www.prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=matchReport&day=30&month=10&

but yes I agree about the kit!!
[Post edited 4 Jun 2022 10:23]

Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 10:27 - Jun 4 with 1248 viewsMisterBlue

Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 08:11 - Jun 4 by STYG

They are bobbins because we were.

If we’d finished 3rd in 94/94 we’d all be clamouring from black panels on the home kit and pinstripes on an all red away. It’s the same reason Norwich love the worst shirt ever. Because they were good for a season in it.

We’d have five pretty poor Adidas kits and three decent ones, which even then were often templates - Bosnia. Umbro, along with Hummel, have been the ones making the best kits of late for clubs out side while Adidas, Nike, Puma and the rest serve up bland templates.

We may end up with something very, very nice for the first time in ages.

Hopefully they can provide an authentic retro shirt, as they have done for several clubs in recent years. One like this would be nice

https://images.app.goo.gl/DwqVNMdGdCknxHjr5
Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 10:35 - Jun 4 with 1224 viewsChurchman

Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 10:22 - Jun 4 by Keno

**ahem** home debut

Played at old Trafford the week before

https://www.prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=matchReport&day=30&month=10&

but yes I agree about the kit!!
[Post edited 4 Jun 2022 10:23]

True! But I keep forgetting that, probably because it was the first time I saw the legend play.

I like the old, traditional kits. Some of the modern, fashionable ones are horrific but it’s all about opinions I suppose.
Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 10:38 - Jun 4 with 1212 viewsKeno

Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 10:35 - Jun 4 by Churchman

True! But I keep forgetting that, probably because it was the first time I saw the legend play.

I like the old, traditional kits. Some of the modern, fashionable ones are horrific but it’s all about opinions I suppose.

I know what you mean! and day day against West Brom was surreal wasnt it!!

Shame not to add the highlights

Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 10:48 - Jun 4 with 1188 viewsChurchman

Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 10:38 - Jun 4 by Keno

I know what you mean! and day day against West Brom was surreal wasnt it!!

Shame not to add the highlights

It certainly was. I can never watch this enough! My favourite moment is still Beattie nearly taking the keeper’s head off.

We beat Southampton by the same score a year or two before and ok, I wasn’t at that game, but somehow I’d didn’t resonate in quite the same way. Maybe because I was that much younger. Clip attached to complete a 14 goal thread.

Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 10:58 - Jun 4 with 1170 viewsKeno

Umbro’s ‘22-‘23 new style strip. Ours perhaps? on 10:48 - Jun 4 by Churchman

It certainly was. I can never watch this enough! My favourite moment is still Beattie nearly taking the keeper’s head off.

We beat Southampton by the same score a year or two before and ok, I wasn’t at that game, but somehow I’d didn’t resonate in quite the same way. Maybe because I was that much younger. Clip attached to complete a 14 goal thread.

Somewhere I have a picture from the EADT of a road sign 7 miles from Ipswich under which someone hang a notice saying WBA 0

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024