Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris 10:11 - Jul 4 with 3560 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/07/03/diane-abbott-claims-boris-johnso

Crumbs. Is there a raised eyebrow emoticon?
[Post edited 4 Jul 2022 10:12]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 15:27 - Jul 4 with 979 viewsGlasgowBlue

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 15:13 - Jul 4 by STYG

So not 24 years then? ;)

It's only because they were too busy making out he hates a certain type of person, which beats the whole pervy old man thing in BS media Top Trumps. Which is funny in a way because there's actual evidence of the current PM actually being racist and that seems to be completely overlooked. But those people Boris commented are a different colour to the ones that they pretend Corbyn doesn't like, so that's alright apparently.

Are you suggesting that the media reports fairly by any chance? Or do you admit it's absolutely pathetic propaganda on an incredible scale.

So nobody has ever suggested he should be on some sort of register because his wife is over twenty years younger than him the?

Well it may have taken three posts of wriggling and flip flopping, but we got there in the end.

You and Harry completely bollox up anyone from the sensible left who are making a reasonable and factual case to hammer Johnson.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 15:32 - Jul 4 with 959 viewsSTYG

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 15:27 - Jul 4 by GlasgowBlue

So nobody has ever suggested he should be on some sort of register because his wife is over twenty years younger than him the?

Well it may have taken three posts of wriggling and flip flopping, but we got there in the end.

You and Harry completely bollox up anyone from the sensible left who are making a reasonable and factual case to hammer Johnson.

I said if there was 24 years difference. Not over 20. As a Tory, I'm not surprised you're misrepresenting what I said and reinventing!

It is a shame. Even you seemed to finally start to agree that this current crop of Tories are a bunch of self-serving, law breaking, lying, corrupt, morally bankrupt, scum but you're back making excuses again for them now are you?

It's not a case of the sensible left. It's just sensible full stop.

Like, be a politician, be a force for good, don't lie, don't touch people up and don't ruin innocent hard working people by giving all the money that could help them to your billionaire mates. If that's just a left thing rather than a decent thing in your eyes that says it all.

I don't have to be left to consider the Tories absolute scum. But it's rather telling you seem to decide that people that do are left rather than just decent.
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 15:35 - Jul 4 with 939 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Wow fair okay, she’s pulled no punches there, be interesting how this plays out.

Certainly better than her “yeah but NATO” hot takes. They aged badly.
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 15:37 - Jul 4 with 917 viewsGlasgowBlue

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 15:32 - Jul 4 by STYG

I said if there was 24 years difference. Not over 20. As a Tory, I'm not surprised you're misrepresenting what I said and reinventing!

It is a shame. Even you seemed to finally start to agree that this current crop of Tories are a bunch of self-serving, law breaking, lying, corrupt, morally bankrupt, scum but you're back making excuses again for them now are you?

It's not a case of the sensible left. It's just sensible full stop.

Like, be a politician, be a force for good, don't lie, don't touch people up and don't ruin innocent hard working people by giving all the money that could help them to your billionaire mates. If that's just a left thing rather than a decent thing in your eyes that says it all.

I don't have to be left to consider the Tories absolute scum. But it's rather telling you seem to decide that people that do are left rather than just decent.

You’re seriously splitting hairs over one year?

Diane Abbott has made a serious allegation against Boris Johnson. It’s an allegation that she made without parliamentary privilege, so she must be pretty confident he won’t sue.

People were debating these allegations in a mature and serious fashion on this thread. As they deserved to be addressed and debated.

Then you came out with some of the most ridiculous nonsense I’ve read on these pages which was easily busted. The thread is now diverting away from the original point.

Churchman also pointed out how ridiculous your statement was. He’s not a Tory.

I haven't once made excuses or defended Johnson’s alleged behaviour. I have simply pointed out that your statement regarding the age difference between Johnson and Carrie was nonsense. It was. I’m surprised you’re doubling down.

People like you and Harry do your side no favours whatsoever on these threads. Less hyperbole would be a great help.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2022 15:47]

Iron Lion Zion

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 15:54 - Jul 4 with 876 viewsSwansea_Blue

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 15:37 - Jul 4 by GlasgowBlue

You’re seriously splitting hairs over one year?

Diane Abbott has made a serious allegation against Boris Johnson. It’s an allegation that she made without parliamentary privilege, so she must be pretty confident he won’t sue.

People were debating these allegations in a mature and serious fashion on this thread. As they deserved to be addressed and debated.

Then you came out with some of the most ridiculous nonsense I’ve read on these pages which was easily busted. The thread is now diverting away from the original point.

Churchman also pointed out how ridiculous your statement was. He’s not a Tory.

I haven't once made excuses or defended Johnson’s alleged behaviour. I have simply pointed out that your statement regarding the age difference between Johnson and Carrie was nonsense. It was. I’m surprised you’re doubling down.

People like you and Harry do your side no favours whatsoever on these threads. Less hyperbole would be a great help.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2022 15:47]

The one year thing was obviously light hearted. Not that I'm convinced that the papers would necessarily be hammering Starmer if the age gap was reversed. Possibly, as there's no logic to what they attack. Who knows.

Interesting allegations to say the least. Innocent until proven guilty and all that, but with the rumours of his own previous behaviour, and his failure to crack down on things like this in the party, there's a good chance there's something in this. As you say Abbott must be confident (or crackers, either is a possibility!).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 16:02 - Jul 4 with 850 viewslowhouseblue

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 15:54 - Jul 4 by Swansea_Blue

The one year thing was obviously light hearted. Not that I'm convinced that the papers would necessarily be hammering Starmer if the age gap was reversed. Possibly, as there's no logic to what they attack. Who knows.

Interesting allegations to say the least. Innocent until proven guilty and all that, but with the rumours of his own previous behaviour, and his failure to crack down on things like this in the party, there's a good chance there's something in this. As you say Abbott must be confident (or crackers, either is a possibility!).

i think she remembered the neighbour reporting an argument in the flat below and spoke before she thought. which isn't great. any other rumour would certainly have made its way online before now - abbott is very unlikely to possess any secret info.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 16:13 - Jul 4 with 821 viewsChurchman

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 15:13 - Jul 4 by STYG

So not 24 years then? ;)

It's only because they were too busy making out he hates a certain type of person, which beats the whole pervy old man thing in BS media Top Trumps. Which is funny in a way because there's actual evidence of the current PM actually being racist and that seems to be completely overlooked. But those people Boris commented are a different colour to the ones that they pretend Corbyn doesn't like, so that's alright apparently.

Are you suggesting that the media reports fairly by any chance? Or do you admit it's absolutely pathetic propaganda on an incredible scale.

What Corbyn’s beliefs, friends, sympathies and political views are one thing. His personal life is another. I don’t recall anyone alluding towards him what you have towards Johnson and nor should they. Their personal life is entirely their affair. Nor do I think it was because they were too busy going to town over his political track record. His personal relationships were not discussed because they weren’t relevant.

I’d defend anyones’ right to privacy as much as I would free speech whether I agreed with their politics or not. That includes Corbyn, Starmer, Johnson, Sturgeon and in fact anyone in the public eye - providing they are within the law.

In any case it would not for me to judge, even if I was a celebrate monk with a track record as pure as the driven snow. Which I’m not.

The point here is that Abbott has made a serious accusation. It needs to be proven or retracted.
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 16:27 - Jul 4 with 801 viewsSwansea_Blue

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 16:02 - Jul 4 by lowhouseblue

i think she remembered the neighbour reporting an argument in the flat below and spoke before she thought. which isn't great. any other rumour would certainly have made its way online before now - abbott is very unlikely to possess any secret info.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out won't it. Silence will speak volumes. If I was accused of such, I don't think I could let it lie unless there was some truth there.

It's difficult to know what that flat argument was about. The police were called because a neighbour heard a woman shouting 'get off me' (or words to that effect). The links above to previous claims hushed up also aren't a good look for BJ. Who knows, maybe he's just a serial adulterer and not aggressive or 'gropey' like one of his MPs!

Login to get fewer ads

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 16:44 - Jul 4 with 768 viewsGlasgowBlue

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 15:54 - Jul 4 by Swansea_Blue

The only thing that Starmer has been attacked over with regards to his wife is that she is Jewish, therefore Starmer is in the pocket of the Israel lobby. And those attacks have come from the far left.

[Post edited 4 Jul 2022 16:52]

Iron Lion Zion

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 16:47 - Jul 4 with 768 viewsSTYG

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 16:27 - Jul 4 by Swansea_Blue

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out won't it. Silence will speak volumes. If I was accused of such, I don't think I could let it lie unless there was some truth there.

It's difficult to know what that flat argument was about. The police were called because a neighbour heard a woman shouting 'get off me' (or words to that effect). The links above to previous claims hushed up also aren't a good look for BJ. Who knows, maybe he's just a serial adulterer and not aggressive or 'gropey' like one of his MPs!

I learned today that he married his second wife 12 days after becoming available to marry again.

I wasn't surprised.
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 17:16 - Jul 4 with 730 viewsSwansea_Blue

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 16:44 - Jul 4 by GlasgowBlue

The only thing that Starmer has been attacked over with regards to his wife is that she is Jewish, therefore Starmer is in the pocket of the Israel lobby. And those attacks have come from the far left.

[Post edited 4 Jul 2022 16:52]

The 'chasing a young bit of totty' line doesn't really hold now she's in her 50s though does it? Age gaps look less severe the older people get. Not that it should matter one bit of course if the attraction is genuine and mutual. And I've certainly never seen Corbyn attacked on that line (one of the few things he wasn't attacked on).

I really don't understand the whole Israel/Palestine/Zionism/Jewish thing, so I'm keeping out of that. I'm not even sure who's the bigger threat to Starmer - the far left or the Tories/Kippers.

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 17:31 - Jul 4 with 703 viewsSwansea_Blue

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 16:47 - Jul 4 by STYG

I learned today that he married his second wife 12 days after becoming available to marry again.

I wasn't surprised.

And then 5 weeks later, miraculously became a dad to their first child together. Gestation periods aren't what they used to be, eh?

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 17:42 - Jul 4 with 697 viewsHARRY10

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 16:13 - Jul 4 by Churchman

What Corbyn’s beliefs, friends, sympathies and political views are one thing. His personal life is another. I don’t recall anyone alluding towards him what you have towards Johnson and nor should they. Their personal life is entirely their affair. Nor do I think it was because they were too busy going to town over his political track record. His personal relationships were not discussed because they weren’t relevant.

I’d defend anyones’ right to privacy as much as I would free speech whether I agreed with their politics or not. That includes Corbyn, Starmer, Johnson, Sturgeon and in fact anyone in the public eye - providing they are within the law.

In any case it would not for me to judge, even if I was a celebrate monk with a track record as pure as the driven snow. Which I’m not.

The point here is that Abbott has made a serious accusation. It needs to be proven or retracted.

Utter nonsense, if the personal side of things did not matter then why do Tories plaster their election literature with photos if their family ?

If their activities in their non political life run counter to what they say in their political position, should they be reported because they are 'private' ?

Why not then ignore Pinchers behaviour, as it was in his 'free time', private life

That information should be put out there, and commented upon. It is up to voters what they make of the actions, but never should they be covered up as you are stating.

As to todays duty rightie "Diane Abbott has made a serious allegation against Boris Johnson".

No, she has made a claim of there being rumours. Do those rumours amount to a false statement of fact about a person ? Not what a court would need to decide. It would be, are there rumours, and not just comments among Abbotts friends.

That there have been numerous incidents reported over Johnson, and his behaviour towards various women, would suggest that this is not only persistent behaviour, but has caused much comment - rumours

However, a suggestion is not proof. Something Abbott would need to prove in court were it to find its way there. A few cases Johnson and his various cap doffers might wish to consider -

In 2019, journalist Charlotte Edwardes claimed that Johnson groped her thigh (2000), and that of another woman seated at their table

Shappi Khorsandi saying that Johnson squeezed her hand under the table on BBC Question Time after knowing her for “for roughly 20 seconds

There is the thought that as with other cases of abuse, other victims would come forward
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 17:42 - Jul 4 with 694 viewsChurchman

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 17:31 - Jul 4 by Swansea_Blue

And then 5 weeks later, miraculously became a dad to their first child together. Gestation periods aren't what they used to be, eh?

Are we judging him and his wife for conceiving a child out of wedlock now? And I thought we were in the 21st century.

Actually, thinking about it, about 5 weeks after my grandparents got married in the 1920s, my mother was born. Maybe gestation periods haven’t changed after all.
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 17:52 - Jul 4 with 661 viewslowhouseblue

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 17:42 - Jul 4 by Churchman

Are we judging him and his wife for conceiving a child out of wedlock now? And I thought we were in the 21st century.

Actually, thinking about it, about 5 weeks after my grandparents got married in the 1920s, my mother was born. Maybe gestation periods haven’t changed after all.

you're forgetting a key rule of current politics - any form of attack is ok if it's boris. his wife's too young, he got married too quickly, he conceived a child out of wedlock, there are 'rumours' that he did this and did that - all the liberal tolerances go out of the window if it's boris.

obviously he's an utterly incompetent charlatan - but that's not an excuse for attacking him with stuff that would never be held against others.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 18:04 - Jul 4 with 639 viewsGlasgowBlue

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 17:52 - Jul 4 by lowhouseblue

you're forgetting a key rule of current politics - any form of attack is ok if it's boris. his wife's too young, he got married too quickly, he conceived a child out of wedlock, there are 'rumours' that he did this and did that - all the liberal tolerances go out of the window if it's boris.

obviously he's an utterly incompetent charlatan - but that's not an excuse for attacking him with stuff that would never be held against others.

Poor old Styg is going to have a meltdown when he finds out that Corbyn has been married three times and was shagging Diane Abbott whilst still married to his first wife.

Iron Lion Zion

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 18:33 - Jul 4 with 600 viewsBlueWalloo

Something just doesn't add up
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 23:08 - Jul 4 with 546 viewsFreddies_Ears

I just finished reading Robert Harris's awesome trilogy on the life of Cicero. Them Romans didn't mess around when senior politicians caused offence. Am wondering which punishment would be most appropriate for the PM....
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 00:00 - Jul 5 with 493 viewsXYZ

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 17:52 - Jul 4 by lowhouseblue

Not acknowledging his children's existence?

Grabbing women's legs under a table - both sides at the same time?

Being sacked from jobs/ positions for being a liar?

We should not form an opinion of how such a man would act in public life from knowing of such actions?
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 00:36 - Jul 5 with 473 viewsChurchman

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 00:00 - Jul 5 by XYZ

Not acknowledging his children's existence?

Grabbing women's legs under a table - both sides at the same time?

Being sacked from jobs/ positions for being a liar?

We should not form an opinion of how such a man would act in public life from knowing of such actions?

His relationship with his children is his business. Who are we to judge what is a private matter? Line two is an accusation. If he proven to be a predictor, it’s a different matter. Line three has more substance.

I try to form opinions on substance, not accusation. The days of the Salem Witch Trials are surely behind us.

Johnson will fall by his own grotesque incompetence, laziness, lack of any judgement, attention span, mismanagement, greed and utter stupidity, along with his dreadful cronies. The sooner he’s in the dustbin of history, the better.

But I still maintain that anyone’s personal life is just that, unless they break the law. I don’t care who they are. If an MP has a chaotic or sad personal life, would that influence my vote? No. If they were garbage at the job and or stood for a party I detest (like mine does), they won’t get my vote,
[Post edited 5 Jul 2022 0:48]
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 02:00 - Jul 5 with 449 viewsXYZ

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 00:36 - Jul 5 by Churchman

His relationship with his children is his business. Who are we to judge what is a private matter? Line two is an accusation. If he proven to be a predictor, it’s a different matter. Line three has more substance.

I try to form opinions on substance, not accusation. The days of the Salem Witch Trials are surely behind us.

Johnson will fall by his own grotesque incompetence, laziness, lack of any judgement, attention span, mismanagement, greed and utter stupidity, along with his dreadful cronies. The sooner he’s in the dustbin of history, the better.

But I still maintain that anyone’s personal life is just that, unless they break the law. I don’t care who they are. If an MP has a chaotic or sad personal life, would that influence my vote? No. If they were garbage at the job and or stood for a party I detest (like mine does), they won’t get my vote,
[Post edited 5 Jul 2022 0:48]

Do you apply the same moral values to every bloke who fails to look after their kids? I presume you're a big supporter of social security for single mothers?

You're not on the feckless fathers team?

Line two is evidence. It's sexist to suggest otherwise, to be honest. That's the way it was originally presented.
In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 07:35 - Jul 5 with 412 viewsChurchman

In case you missed it: Diane Abbott on Boris on 02:00 - Jul 5 by XYZ

Do you apply the same moral values to every bloke who fails to look after their kids? I presume you're a big supporter of social security for single mothers?

You're not on the feckless fathers team?

Line two is evidence. It's sexist to suggest otherwise, to be honest. That's the way it was originally presented.

Sorry, I don’t know his kids and while I’ve seen Johnson many times I’ve never met him. I assume he’s been chased or pays for maintenance, that you know him, his children, his partners and have seen the evidence. I haven’t and I’m not interested. It’s between him, them, the law and the social security mob etc.

Possessing a criminal record should be enough for him to be kicked out. That is a material fact.

I’m on the non judgemental team that prefers proof rather than accusation. From what little I’ve read of it, Johnson is accused of molesting a journalist, he has denied it. Has he been charged and found guilty? No. Has he admitted it? No.

Abbott has presented a statement as fact. Let’s have the evidence. Let’s get the police investigating. Johnson may be unsavoury and lead a lifestyle that isn’t mine, but like Corbyn’s lifestyle, that’s their problem - until they break the law.

Edit: on the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62040915

The person concerned should have been booted out for gross misconduct, as he would have been in many workplaces. If as it looks, Johnson has lied or misinformed to cover his own lack of judgement, then he should go or be booted out too for this alone.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2022 7:59]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024