Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These iFollow commentators 15:32 - Jul 30 with 1096 viewstractordownsouth

Awful. They aren’t describing any of the game, I don’t have a clue what’s happening.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

These iFollow commentators on 15:33 - Jul 30 with 1076 viewsZXBlue

Gave up on it and am listenign to away commentary which doesnt have hte awful bleed.

Brenner adn co clearly far better though.
These iFollow commentators on 15:33 - Jul 30 with 1065 viewsDanTheMan

And to think people thought Brenner was bad. Doesn't help I'm getting double commentary.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

These iFollow commentators on 15:35 - Jul 30 with 1038 viewsDublinBlue84

The new commentary teams are a MILLION miles better for those who are watching when there is not the bleed.

However they're pretty poor if you are just using the audio feed. They should use the new commentators for video and use Brenner etc for the audio feed.

Radio Commentary and TV commentary are different things and should have different commentators if at all possible.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 15:36]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

These iFollow commentators on 15:36 - Jul 30 with 1032 viewsRyorry

Have the audio & it's as tho they're describing it for TV, not audio. Are they the same commentary? would explain it.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

These iFollow commentators on 15:37 - Jul 30 with 1018 viewsDublinBlue84

These iFollow commentators on 15:36 - Jul 30 by Ryorry

Have the audio & it's as tho they're describing it for TV, not audio. Are they the same commentary? would explain it.

Yes - that's the problem, the new team are great for the video coverage but are next to useless if you are listening to audio.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

These iFollow commentators on 15:38 - Jul 30 with 1006 viewstractordownsouth

These iFollow commentators on 15:36 - Jul 30 by Ryorry

Yeah, surely if they’re having 2 commentators they should have one for each? Hopefully that’s something the club can rectify, but presumably they’ve already done commentary rights for the season.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

These iFollow commentators on 15:38 - Jul 30 with 1004 viewsthe_toff

Do they realise some of us are on audio? Not a clue what is happening in the game, one of the worst commentaries I’ve ever heard.
These iFollow commentators on 15:39 - Jul 30 with 983 viewsZXBlue

These iFollow commentators on 15:38 - Jul 30 by the_toff

Do they realise some of us are on audio? Not a clue what is happening in the game, one of the worst commentaries I’ve ever heard.

Theya re commentating for video not as a radio commentary would do.
Login to get fewer ads

These iFollow commentators on 15:43 - Jul 30 with 965 viewsRyorry

These iFollow commentators on 15:39 - Jul 30 by ZXBlue

Theya re commentating for video not as a radio commentary would do.

Can only suggest we all send our complaints in.

However, at least they got excited about & cheered our goal, which you didn't always really get from Brenner!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

These iFollow commentators on 15:57 - Jul 30 with 883 viewsX0Y0

These iFollow commentators on 15:35 - Jul 30 by DublinBlue84

The new commentary teams are a MILLION miles better for those who are watching when there is not the bleed.

However they're pretty poor if you are just using the audio feed. They should use the new commentators for video and use Brenner etc for the audio feed.

Radio Commentary and TV commentary are different things and should have different commentators if at all possible.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 15:36]

Completely disagree in terms of them being better on tv.

Whilst I understand the clear difference between radio and tv commentary, the tv commentators in this case offer next to nothing in terms of insight on the game. Mills and Brenners at least would comment on the tactics, which of the opposition players had the ball, and they know the club, team, history and league inside out, and that comes through in their commentary.

Yes, brenners can be a bit too animated when opposition teams score, but it’s a small issue to put up with in comparison to this dross commentary.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 15:58]
These iFollow commentators on 17:19 - Jul 30 with 758 viewsGinja

These iFollow commentators on 15:57 - Jul 30 by X0Y0

Completely disagree in terms of them being better on tv.

Whilst I understand the clear difference between radio and tv commentary, the tv commentators in this case offer next to nothing in terms of insight on the game. Mills and Brenners at least would comment on the tactics, which of the opposition players had the ball, and they know the club, team, history and league inside out, and that comes through in their commentary.

Yes, brenners can be a bit too animated when opposition teams score, but it’s a small issue to put up with in comparison to this dross commentary.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2022 15:58]

Agreed.

That was absolutely painful to listen to. Edwards mumbling into the mic and offering absolutely nothing in terms of tactical, player or match comprehension.

At one point he talked about Caribbean players often not working hard enough to succeed despite the fact that he seemed to have stumbled into the commentary position straight from the pub without having done the most basic of research or practice for the role. I used to get better insight from the slightly confused drunk old geezer sat in front of me in SBR.

I get that town don't want Radio Suffolk so they can control the narrative and not broadcast criticism of the club if things go wrong. I'm not expecting Gary Neville and it's amazing to be able to watch the town from abroad but for 200 quid a year that needs to be a lot better.

I just assumed the audio-only feed would different, cannot imagine listening to that without picture.
These iFollow commentators on 17:35 - Jul 30 with 703 viewsblueislander

These iFollow commentators on 15:43 - Jul 30 by Ryorry

Can only suggest we all send our complaints in.

However, at least they got excited about & cheered our goal, which you didn't always really get from Brenner!

Where do you send the complaint to?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024