Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand 20:46 - Aug 29 with 1450 viewsClareBlue

Just booking some travel plans for Plymouth and was wondering if the Sunday 12.30 is going to make it easier or harder to get the tickets.

I have been known to register as an away supporter when we sell out (I think they think I am going to set up an Irish branch of their supporter clubs) and wondering if might be the case here.

Doing a Google search I find this quite astounding fact - 2nd division and not even a local derby...

'The highest attendance recorded at Home Park is 43,596 for a Football League Second Division match between Plymouth Argyle and Aston Villa on 10 October 1936'

But I'm presuming those days are gone. Doesn't seem to sell out the 17 to 18K so assuming it will not for us.

Any advice or comments welcome.

Still trying to get my head around 43K going to that game. I wonder if they anticipated it and why it was such a big draw.
Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 20:48 - Aug 29 with 1427 viewsSitfcB

I’d imagine that everyone that wants a ticket in the away end will get one.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 20:53 - Aug 29 with 1388 viewsClareBlue

Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 20:48 - Aug 29 by SitfcB

I’d imagine that everyone that wants a ticket in the away end will get one.

Great, and if not for some reason should be able to drag up some Devon routes from somewhere
Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 20:57 - Aug 29 with 1370 viewsITFC_Forever

You’ll be fine for the game there in September.

Still a chance it might be called off if us or Argyle get three international call-ups.

Still annoyed it’s moved to a Sunday… was one of the best away trips last season. Might have to be a cheeky night in Plymouth the night before.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 20:59 - Aug 29 with 1357 viewsSitfcB

Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 20:57 - Aug 29 by ITFC_Forever

Still a chance it might be called off if us or Argyle get three international call-ups.

Still annoyed it’s moved to a Sunday… was one of the best away trips last season. Might have to be a cheeky night in Plymouth the night before.

At least we know we can win games without Burns now anyway

COYB

Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 21:02 - Aug 29 with 1345 viewstractordownsouth

You'll be fine. It went to general sale last year and that was without it being on TV.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 21:06 - Aug 29 with 1331 viewsClareBlue

Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 20:57 - Aug 29 by ITFC_Forever

Are the call ups a possibility

I don't mind a night in Plymouth but I would rather see some football. I got stung on the Rochdale game a coupe of years ago but had a great night out and then did a civic tour of Rochdale and learnt about Gracie Fields, who I didn't know was from Rochdale. I can probably do the same in Plymouth if it comes to it.
Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 21:09 - Aug 29 with 1318 viewsSitfcB

Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 21:06 - Aug 29 by ClareBlue

I don't mind a night in Plymouth but I would rather see some football. I got stung on the Rochdale game a coupe of years ago but had a great night out and then did a civic tour of Rochdale and learnt about Gracie Fields, who I didn't know was from Rochdale. I can probably do the same in Plymouth if it comes to it.

The only one from our side I can think of is Wes Burns.

Greg Leigh at a push?

I’m sure Plymouth had a few internationals last season but not sure if they’re still there? You’d like to think what with it being on Sky there’s less chance of a call off but not always certain.

COYB

Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 21:11 - Aug 29 with 1309 viewsClareBlue

Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 21:09 - Aug 29 by SitfcB

Greg Leigh at a push?

I’m sure Plymouth had a few internationals last season but not sure if they’re still there? You’d like to think what with it being on Sky there’s less chance of a call off but not always certain.

Yes I was thinking that. They probably do the calcs before scheduling and have come to the conclusion it will be OK. They have to book things in advance and they don't like cancelling unless they really have got it wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 21:52 - Aug 29 with 1232 viewsFreddies_Ears

Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 21:06 - Aug 29 by ClareBlue

Unlikely Sky will have picked it unless they were fairly sure it would take place...

No problem with ticket availability - 1230, on Sky , on a Sunday, big away end, expensive hotels that weekend. Galloway leaves around 330am...
Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 22:09 - Aug 29 with 1208 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

12:30 on a Sunday.. in f**king Plymouth. Ipswich to Plymouth. With no trains running in time for kick off.

F*^k sky sports.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 23:04 - Aug 29 with 1109 viewsPhilTWTD

Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 21:09 - Aug 29 by SitfcB

Greg Leigh at a push?

Morsy possible as well. John-Jules still qualifies for the U21s, doesn't he?
Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 23:31 - Aug 29 with 1086 viewsClareBlue

Cheers Guys,

All booked and looking forward to the match. I follow a Plymouth fan on SM who is based in Accrington and posts about traveling to all the grounds. A home game for her is an 8 hour Journey. She lived in Plymouth as a child because her dad was in the Navy but has lived in the North of England since she was 16. but still goes to all the Plymouth games.

I think football fans might actually be insane.

I include myself in this after booking a flight from Dublin to Exeter and then back via Bristol to Dublin with an over night in Plymouth.

and I have 4 hours either end to get to and from Dublin
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 23:33]
Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 23:35 - Aug 29 with 1070 viewsSitfcB

Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 23:31 - Aug 29 by ClareBlue

Cheers Guys,

All booked and looking forward to the match. I follow a Plymouth fan on SM who is based in Accrington and posts about traveling to all the grounds. A home game for her is an 8 hour Journey. She lived in Plymouth as a child because her dad was in the Navy but has lived in the North of England since she was 16. but still goes to all the Plymouth games.

I include myself in this after booking a flight from Dublin to Exeter and then back via Bristol to Dublin with an over night in Plymouth.

You’ll be fine getting a ticket but if you want peace of mind you’re welcome to use my gold card to get a ticket when they go on sale.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 7:13]

COYB

Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 23:47 - Aug 29 with 1048 viewsOsborneOneNil

Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 23:31 - Aug 29 by ClareBlue

Cheers Guys,

Great effort.

It’s our third closest game (behind Exeter then Pompey) so we are lucky on this one. Still might overnight it on the Saturday though.
Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 23:48 - Aug 29 with 1047 viewsClareBlue

Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 23:35 - Aug 29 by SitfcB

You’ll be fine getting a ticket but if you want peace of mind you’re welcome to use my gold card to get a ticket when they go on sale.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 7:13]

Thanks,
I appreciate the offer.

I have never been to Plymouth so looking forward to it.
Plymouth Away 25th September Ticket Demand on 09:53 - Sep 23 with 471 viewsClareBlue

All good for the weekend. I would say this is going to be a real test as to where we are. There's a winning vibe about the club again and it's back to being an enjoyable experience watching them. Some good skill levels, looks like we can change things around when need to and that we have a plan to win games. Also we are not taking any physical intimidation when teams try it. Even winning the Cup games keeps the momentum and the winning mentality.
And PR sold out against Portsmouth.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024