Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday Parking 09:10 - Sep 5 with 886 viewsLakenheath_Blue

Going to my first town match on Saturday since the McCarthy era.
Just wondering where the best place to park is? I used to park at the Railway station, is this still good or can anyone recommend somewhere else?

Thanks

My computer could be more encouraging. You know, instead of "invalid password", why not something like, "Ooooh, you're so close!"? - Lisa Porter

Saturday Parking on 09:44 - Sep 5 with 811 viewsCityBlue

I park at the Burrell Road NCP car park sometimes but you have to walk with the away fans on the way back to car park.

I T I D

Saturday Parking on 10:19 - Sep 5 with 750 viewsRonFearonsHair

I still use the railway station.
It has doubled in price to £6 since I started using it, which is hefty for fewer than 4 hours of parking.
I also arrive after 2pm so often get stuck on one of the upper floors. This means it can often take 20-30 minutes just to get out.
However, I'm too lazy to find anywhere else and it's such a convenient walk I persist with it.
Saturday Parking on 11:34 - Sep 5 with 644 viewsMedwayTractor

I was at the Barnsley game last Saturday, my first home match since the end of 2019. For some years, I used the small surface car park on Handford Road just west of the Portman Rd junction, but this has been redeveloped with flats. Coming from Kent and having to allow for the Dartford Crossing as well as Essex drivers, I try to allow plenty of time, but the loss of Handford Rd parking made me look for an alternative. I decided to try for one of the Portman Rd car parks, so I thought that I should get to town early. As it turned out, I got there just after 12, plenty of room (even after 2pm), £6.20 for all day. My ticket was for the SBR upper, Portman Rd end, so after the match I was away in minutes, my easiest getaway for years.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

Saturday Parking on 11:45 - Sep 5 with 627 viewsITFC_Forever

Best match-day car park if you can get there early enough is the little one on the site of the old Drum & Monkey.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024