Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cycle SOS - Injury Claims 08:16 - Oct 27 with 1086 viewsLesta_Tractor

Anyone used Cycle SOS to pursue an injury claim?

Got knocked off my bike on my way to work on Tuesday morning and want to claim for the damage done to my bike and may some compensation for my injuries

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Cycle SOS - Injury Claims on 08:41 - Oct 27 with 1012 viewsStokieBlue

I hope you're OK and any injuries aren't too bad?

I got knocked off in Whitechapel/Tower Hamlets a few years ago but I didn't think about claiming so I am not sure how you go about it. Did you get the contact details of the driver?

I had to make do with yelling at the driver for a while. The injuries didn't start hurting for a few hours so didn't think about getting any details.

My bike got stolen Tuesday night whilst I was in M&S getting food which has annoyed me somewhat, however whilst it looked nice the components were well past the point of needing to be replaced so I can at least take solace that the thief won't be so happy when they take a closer look.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Cycle SOS - Injury Claims on 10:48 - Oct 27 with 924 viewsElephantintheRoom

No - but I did ask a cyclist in saffron Walden High Street if he was going to pay for the damage done to my car when he crashed into my stationary vehicle at traffic lights. He swore at me and cycled off

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Cycle SOS - Injury Claims on 12:15 - Oct 27 with 881 viewsLesta_Tractor

Cycle SOS - Injury Claims on 08:41 - Oct 27 by StokieBlue

I hope you're OK and any injuries aren't too bad?

I got knocked off in Whitechapel/Tower Hamlets a few years ago but I didn't think about claiming so I am not sure how you go about it. Did you get the contact details of the driver?

I had to make do with yelling at the driver for a while. The injuries didn't start hurting for a few hours so didn't think about getting any details.

My bike got stolen Tuesday night whilst I was in M&S getting food which has annoyed me somewhat, however whilst it looked nice the components were well past the point of needing to be replaced so I can at least take solace that the thief won't be so happy when they take a closer look.

SB

Ah man, sorry to hear your bike was stolen!

Injuries aren't too bad, very very annoyed that I'm going to have sit out of this weekend hockey match though, got the drivers details and took some pics of damage etc.

Cycle SOS - Injury Claims on 12:16 - Oct 27 with 877 viewsLesta_Tractor

Cycle SOS - Injury Claims on 10:48 - Oct 27 by ElephantintheRoom

No - but I did ask a cyclist in saffron Walden High Street if he was going to pay for the damage done to my car when he crashed into my stationary vehicle at traffic lights. He swore at me and cycled off

Amazingly, idiots can be found behind the wheel and the handlebar!

Cycle SOS - Injury Claims on 13:06 - Oct 27 with 842 viewsstonojnr

I've no direct experience of Cycle SOS, or CAMS https://c-ams.co.uk/ for that matter but I've at least heard of CAMS.

One of the reasons I'm a member of British Cycling is they have an insurance policy and solicitors who will sort it all out for you, Cycling UK have a similar members setup, so always worth checking out.

Now if you weren't a member before the accident you can't go via British Cycling, but I believe the solicitors they use Leigh Day https://www.leighday.co.uk/our-services/personal-injury/cycling/ do offer a service to pursue claims for you for a no win no fee basis.

Touch wood, never had to use any of them, but plenty of options to take it forward if you or others need them
Cycle SOS - Injury Claims on 18:36 - Oct 27 with 727 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Cycle SOS - Injury Claims on 12:16 - Oct 27 by Lesta_Tractor

Amazingly, idiots can be found behind the wheel and the handlebar!

Very good of you to resist the "and on internet forums". The total irrelevance of the comment seems lost on them.

Hope you get a good outcome from this. Hope you are soon fully fit again for your hockey.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024