Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bill Treacher RIP 18:07 - Nov 8 with 1134 viewsfactual_blue

Eastender resident in Suffolk.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Bill Treacher RIP on 23:43 - Nov 8 with 1007 viewsPSGBlue

I am surprised that Bill’s death hasn’t made more of a headline on TWTD. It was well published back in the day that he followed the Blues. Bill and Brian Cant being the best two Town supporting celbs before Ed came along,
Bill Treacher RIP on 08:49 - Nov 9 with 912 viewsPhilTWTD

Bill Treacher RIP on 23:43 - Nov 8 by PSGBlue

I am surprised that Bill’s death hasn’t made more of a headline on TWTD. It was well published back in the day that he followed the Blues. Bill and Brian Cant being the best two Town supporting celbs before Ed came along,

Obviously sad news, but despite his appearance in celebrity Town fan lists, I don't ever recall him being spotted at Portman Road or speaking about being a fan. Think it may just have been a case of him being associated with the club as he was based locally.
Bill Treacher RIP on 17:15 - Nov 9 with 808 viewsfarkenhell

Bill Treacher RIP on 08:49 - Nov 9 by PhilTWTD

Obviously sad news, but despite his appearance in celebrity Town fan lists, I don't ever recall him being spotted at Portman Road or speaking about being a fan. Think it may just have been a case of him being associated with the club as he was based locally.

Many years ago, a publication ran a weekly article called something like "I support X because..." where they interviewed a celebrity on his/her choice of football team. Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me think of the name of the publication. However, I do remember seeing an interview with Bill Treacher and a photo of him with a Town scarf. I think it may have been when we were in the inaugural or second season in the PL. It was certainly a very long time ago.

Edit to say - in fact, thinking about it some more, I think he was wearing a fisons top instead of a scarf. Was that the late 80s?
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 17:22]
Bill Treacher RIP on 17:25 - Nov 9 with 790 viewsgainsboroughblue

Bill Treacher RIP on 17:15 - Nov 9 by farkenhell

Many years ago, a publication ran a weekly article called something like "I support X because..." where they interviewed a celebrity on his/her choice of football team. Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me think of the name of the publication. However, I do remember seeing an interview with Bill Treacher and a photo of him with a Town scarf. I think it may have been when we were in the inaugural or second season in the PL. It was certainly a very long time ago.

Edit to say - in fact, thinking about it some more, I think he was wearing a fisons top instead of a scarf. Was that the late 80s?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Bill Treacher RIP on 17:29 - Nov 9 with 781 viewsfarkenhell

Bill Treacher RIP on 17:25 - Nov 9 by gainsboroughblue

My mind may be playing tricks on me, but I think the photo I saw was in more relaxed pose, at home possibly. But that was certainly the shirt.
Bill Treacher RIP on 17:34 - Nov 9 with 775 viewsgainsboroughblue

Bill Treacher RIP on 17:29 - Nov 9 by farkenhell

My mind may be playing tricks on me, but I think the photo I saw was in more relaxed pose, at home possibly. But that was certainly the shirt.

I do recall the same as you, in that there was a publication where 'celebrities' were wearing their team's shirts. Bill was among several others. My memory told me it was the lace-up Prem shirt he was wearing.

Bill Treacher RIP on 17:42 - Nov 9 with 763 viewsfarkenhell

Bill Treacher RIP on 17:34 - Nov 9 by gainsboroughblue

I do recall the same as you, in that there was a publication where 'celebrities' were wearing their team's shirts. Bill was among several others. My memory told me it was the lace-up Prem shirt he was wearing.

Yes, I think you're right. The one with red laces at the front. I think it must have been when we were in the PL because the article in question only seemed to focus on PL teams.

A colleague brought the article into work for me. I'm going to have a complete stab in the dark - could it have been the Today newspaper (on the basis that the photo was in colour)?
Bill Treacher RIP on 17:56 - Nov 9 with 722 viewsgainsboroughblue

Bill Treacher RIP on 17:42 - Nov 9 by farkenhell

Yes, I think you're right. The one with red laces at the front. I think it must have been when we were in the PL because the article in question only seemed to focus on PL teams.

A colleague brought the article into work for me. I'm going to have a complete stab in the dark - could it have been the Today newspaper (on the basis that the photo was in colour)?

Now, see I thought it was more of a magazine supplement. I would have been living with my parents at the time and I can remember the only papers my dad would get, other than the evening star, was the News of the World and the People.

Login to get fewer ads

Bill Treacher RIP on 18:03 - Nov 9 with 713 viewsPhilTWTD

Bill Treacher RIP on 17:15 - Nov 9 by farkenhell

May well have been more to it than just the local link then. RIP Bill whatever the case.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024