Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OneLove Armband 09:59 - Nov 21 with 6820 viewsMetal_Hacker

Now confirmed we're NOT wearing it

Poll: If it were one or the other

OneLove Armband on 10:03 - Nov 21 with 3006 viewsgiant_stow

very sad.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

OneLove Armband on 10:04 - Nov 21 with 2999 viewsKeno

I wonder what odds Toney would have got on that!!

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

OneLove Armband on 10:04 - Nov 21 with 2992 viewsMetal_Hacker

OneLove Armband on 10:03 - Nov 21 by giant_stow

very sad.

Sickens me

OneLove Armband on 10:06 - Nov 21 with 2968 viewsgiant_stow

OneLove Armband on 10:04 - Nov 21 by Metal_Hacker

Sickens me

It was a binary choice and we came down on the wrong side. such a shame.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

OneLove Armband on 10:06 - Nov 21 with 2972 viewsronnyd

Not really surprised. How many more last minute orders and decrees are we going to see given, to appease the Qataris?
OneLove Armband on 10:06 - Nov 21 with 2956 viewsclive_baker

Real shame that the prospect of a yellow card is sufficient to park our principles. Could've just worn it for today at least as our opening match. Let Southgate wear it instead.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

OneLove Armband on 10:07 - Nov 21 with 2947 viewsWeWereZombies

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63699477

I know that England, Wales, Denmark and the Netherlands were four of the nine European nations intending to, anyone have any idea who the other five are ?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

OneLove Armband on 10:09 - Nov 21 with 2934 viewsRyorry

Interesting (assuming info is correct).

Any reason/s given? "It's a team game & some of the team disagree about wearing it"? "We're playing football for the country and we don't want to let fans down by disadvantaging ourselves for progress in the comp"? 🤔

Absolutely disgraceful that FIFA have sprung the yellow-card punishment on the team only today, the day of k/o in our first match, when they've had weeks to make their intentions clear.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Login to get fewer ads

OneLove Armband on 10:11 - Nov 21 with 2888 viewsMetal_Hacker

OneLove Armband on 10:09 - Nov 21 by Ryorry

Any reason/s given? "It's a team game & some of the team disagree about wearing it"? "We're playing football for the country and we don't want to let fans down by disadvantaging ourselves for progress in the comp"? 🤔

Absolutely disgraceful that FIFA have sprung the yellow-card punishment on the team only today, the day of k/o in our first match, when they've had weeks to make their intentions clear.

OneLove Armband on 10:14 - Nov 21 with 2841 viewsStewart27

Wow

This is incredibly sad. So FIFA are actually punishing teams on the football pitch for saying it’s ok to be gay?

What an organisation.
OneLove Armband on 10:14 - Nov 21 with 2845 viewsSitfcB

FIFA have brought forward their no discrimination campaign now…

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

OneLove Armband on 10:15 - Nov 21 with 2829 viewsRyorry

OneLove Armband on 10:11 - Nov 21 by Metal_Hacker

Ah, thanks.

My memory's awful, but haven't FIFA *not* sanctioned a rainbow armband being worn in other tournaments? If that's so, then they are just kowtowing to Qatar (again) in a most disgraceful, corrupt way.

OneLove Armband on 10:17 - Nov 21 with 2780 viewsellaandred

OneLove Armband on 10:14 - Nov 21 by Stewart27

Wow

This is incredibly sad. So FIFA are actually punishing teams on the football pitch for saying it’s ok to be gay?

What an organisation.

But Infantino is gay, an immigrant worker. disabled etc
I thought he'd support the one love armband!!
OneLove Armband on 10:18 - Nov 21 with 2774 viewsfreddo78

Football - the beautiful game - deserves better than FIFA, and Qatar.
OneLove Armband on 10:18 - Nov 21 with 2772 viewsSitfcB

OneLove Armband on 10:15 - Nov 21 by Ryorry

Ah, thanks.

My memory's awful, but haven't FIFA *not* sanctioned a rainbow armband being worn in other tournaments? If that's so, then they are just kowtowing to Qatar (again) in a most disgraceful, corrupt way.

It’s usually a fine for that sort of thing and the relative FA’s were said to be happy to pay whatever but FIFA changed it yesterday saying it’ll be a yellow card offence and the captains were likely to get carded as soon as the game kicked off.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

OneLove Armband on 10:21 - Nov 21 with 2728 viewsMetal_Hacker

It clearly says in the statement " the player will be booked or asked to leave the field of play if wearing the armband"

With that in mind - couldn't all the backroom staff ,coaches and subs wear them on the bench ?

OneLove Armband on 10:23 - Nov 21 with 2693 viewscbower

OneLove Armband on 10:09 - Nov 21 by Ryorry

As is always the case, FIFA is comfortable in their belief that money and success on the pitch will ultimately trump any sociopolitical or moral objections any country may have. Unfortunately, they are right. Gesture politics without any real implications (ie. Taking the knee) whilst a positive step is as far as we are prepared to go I'm afraid. Anything else is far too risky. FIFA will no doubt declare the tournament as groundbreaking and the hypocrisy will be swallowed and the merry-go-round will continue. All rather sad and all too predictable.

bluescouser

OneLove Armband on 10:25 - Nov 21 with 2659 viewsPinewoodblue

OneLove Armband on 10:06 - Nov 21 by clive_baker

Real shame that the prospect of a yellow card is sufficient to park our principles. Could've just worn it for today at least as our opening match. Let Southgate wear it instead.

Surely principles are being parked by simply taking part.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

OneLove Armband on 10:25 - Nov 21 with 2655 viewsRyorry

OneLove Armband on 10:18 - Nov 21 by SitfcB

It’s usually a fine for that sort of thing and the relative FA’s were said to be happy to pay whatever but FIFA changed it yesterday saying it’ll be a yellow card offence and the captains were likely to get carded as soon as the game kicked off.

So FIFA have, in effect, allowed it before? As they've known that countries were willing to take a financial hit and would be going ahead with wearing it.

For them now, only at this stage, to tell countries that their players would receive a yello card for doing so, in effect handicapping themselves & their country's potential results, is a disgusting capitulation to Qatar. And also incredibly stupid, for the reasons somebody else stated earlier in the thread.*

FIFA not changed much in their spinelessness & corruption since the days of Blatter then 🤬

*Edited to say it was actually this one by WD on a different thread, apols -
How depressingly predictable... by WD19 21 Nov 2022 9:21
It is utterly witless from FIFA (& the Qataris for that matter). They will trigger the exact opposite of what we presume they intend.

Throughout the tournament 94th minute squad-filler subs will be wearing all sort of non-standard garb to make a point at this rate. Picking a fight with media savvy players is just plain stupid.

[Post edited 21 Nov 2022 11:14]

OneLove Armband on 10:27 - Nov 21 with 2618 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

OneLove Armband on 10:06 - Nov 21 by clive_baker

Kane wouldn’t just be carded and then carry on playing the game with it on though, he’d be expected to remove it immediately or receive another yellow and then the same with whoever received the armband

Tbh I’d have quite liked to see us do it still as obviously would be a complete farce if the ref followed through with it to the point the game was abandoned, but pretty obvious the FA didn’t really have a choice given the way FIFA sprung the news at the last minute. They are definitely 100% against discrimination though as them bringing forward their own, non-specific campaign shows

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

OneLove Armband on 10:27 - Nov 21 with 2610 viewsFrimleyBlue

England happy to get a fine but a player receiving a booking is a problem.

We have a squad. Use it. Taking any form of penalty is worth it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

OneLove Armband on 10:30 - Nov 21 with 2582 viewsEwan_Oozami

OneLove Armband on 10:06 - Nov 21 by giant_stow

It was a binary choice and we came down on the wrong side. such a shame.

Ah, but it's not binary is it though? ;-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

OneLove Armband on 10:34 - Nov 21 with 2529 viewsDJR

Prety ironic that a government minister is supporting England players taking the knee, when virtually all Tories were opposed to such action a year or so ago. Do we now have a woke government?
OneLove Armband on 10:36 - Nov 21 with 2505 viewsWeWereZombies

OneLove Armband on 10:07 - Nov 21 by WeWereZombies

I know that England, Wales, Denmark and the Netherlands were four of the nine European nations intending to, anyone have any idea who the other five are ?

OK, I'll use Google to answer my own question then...

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/seven-european-world-cup-captains-ditch

So three of the other five are Germany, Belgium and Switzerland. On another search result I saw that French captain Hugo Lloris was 'happy' to leave the decision to FIFA. Which leaves one more participating nation to identify - Poland ?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

OneLove Armband on 10:36 - Nov 21 with 2506 viewsRyorry

OneLove Armband on 10:27 - Nov 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Kane wouldn’t just be carded and then carry on playing the game with it on though, he’d be expected to remove it immediately or receive another yellow and then the same with whoever received the armband

Tbh I’d have quite liked to see us do it still as obviously would be a complete farce if the ref followed through with it to the point the game was abandoned, but pretty obvious the FA didn’t really have a choice given the way FIFA sprung the news at the last minute. They are definitely 100% against discrimination though as them bringing forward their own, non-specific campaign shows

That does put a slightly different complexion on it, but in these days of high tec comms, you'd have thought England & the other teams intending to wear the 🌈 armband could have done a Zoom or whatever conference in the past few hours & have agreed on a strategy whereby if the entire England team were yellow & then red-carded off, those other nations would do the same, thus highlighting the corruption of Fifa & Qatar, plus Qatar's human rights violations.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024