Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Issues and reinforcements 11:52 - Dec 3 with 587 viewsWestcountryblue

Last night was waiting to happen. We didn't look our normal self in the second half and were leggy across the pitch. The goal was an absolute freak deflection, but it certainly wasn't against the run of play.
Looking at the squad, i think we're relatively okay between the sticks and at the back with Leigh back now back in contention. In midfield it's obvious that we need another CM and probably a wide right player. We've looked a little flimsy under pressure at various points this season, and i think we'd do well to get an experienced enforcer to play alongside Morsy or even allow him to be rotated and rested. The same can be said for Burns. We need to bring in some competition for him, as he looks jaded and in need of rest. With Evans, Harness and Aluko back in the fold, that would give us some genuine depth. Wouldn't be against brining El Miz back on the 1st of January and loaning him out at the end of the window if needs be.
Up top, another 10 is needed as we've missed TJJ's versatility (be great if we get him back playing quickly) and i think we need to bring in a top striker, as Jackson (who i'd look to move on), Ahadme and Ladapo doesn't strike me as being clinical or good enough for a team with top 2 ambitions.
4 players needed i think in January and it'll be expensive.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2022 11:53]
Issues and reinforcements on 11:58 - Dec 3 with 549 viewspointofblue

Have to wonder if Edmundson for someone to move Woolfenden into midfield will have to be a go to substitution in these kinds of games until Evans is ready. Can appreciate why McKenna doesn’t want to do it in the league, though, but we needed an extra man in there near the end last night.

Walton, Vincent-Young, Leigh, Edmundson, Burgess, Humphreys, Morsy, Woolfenden, Chaplin, Jackson, Ahadme

Would that have made us more solid and enabled us to keep possession better? I’m not sure.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Issues and reinforcements on 12:01 - Dec 3 with 537 viewsWestcountryblue

Issues and reinforcements on 11:58 - Dec 3 by pointofblue

Have to wonder if Edmundson for someone to move Woolfenden into midfield will have to be a go to substitution in these kinds of games until Evans is ready. Can appreciate why McKenna doesn’t want to do it in the league, though, but we needed an extra man in there near the end last night.

Walton, Vincent-Young, Leigh, Edmundson, Burgess, Humphreys, Morsy, Woolfenden, Chaplin, Jackson, Ahadme

Would that have made us more solid and enabled us to keep possession better? I’m not sure.

To be honest, i don't think there is much we can do until players return from injury/are signed. The intensity and way in which we plays requires players to be rotated and subbed regularly give us that freshness. It'd be interesting to know what's happening with Camara.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024