Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Observations 19:45 - Jan 14 with 2271 viewsMr_Ipswich

Firstly, fair play to Plymouth. I thought they showed exactly why they’re top of the league. To come to 29k and out muscle, out play and out fight us for the first 45 mins is impressive - especially in our own back yard. It meant we just couldn’t get the ball down and play football.

Over the season, a lot of our good play has eminated from Walton - whether it be a pass into Davis,, or into Evans or over to Morsy. However, today he was truly shocking. A nervous, over cautious attitude that seem to permeate through the team at times. He gave the ball away needlessly so often and was so lackadaisical. Genuinely felt like I was watching a half asleep footballer.

Burgess, Donacian average. Woolfenden seemed to join Walton on occasions. Making poor passing choices. Davis was quiet. From a midfield point of view - Evans and Morsy have far too many 10-15 minute periods in a game when they are overrun and careless. Chaplin quiet. Harness decent. Leaving only Burns as the one player who seemed ‘up for it’.

Special mention to Ladapo who has clearly shown why he shouldn’t (and won’t) start a game again this season. Such poor decision making and really lacks that clinical element a decent striker needs.

I felt, once again, we wilted under the expectation of 29k. All too often, you just knew their equaliser would come - not that they were playing well - but that it is Ipswich Town Football Club, and we’re still cursed by that ‘bottle-job’ mentality.

KM, once again, really needs to look at the late changes he makes. Playing 5 across the back, for the last 20 mins - you could see the inevitable a mile off.

Finally, I do hope the worthless Plymouth fan that threw at beer from the upper to lower Cobbold - striking a young boy on the head, gets what he deserves. The poor lad was in floods of tears and had to be carried away by his dad. You are a disgraceful human.

All in all, very disappointing and I think it’s clear, it’s a Plymouth/Sheff Wed top two- with us in the dreaded playoffs. That, in my opinion, is a failure for this season.
Observations on 19:55 - Jan 14 with 2179 viewsHARRY10

It is a failure, because it has within it the possibilty of failure. We lose in the semis,or the final. A one in four chance.
Observations on 20:00 - Jan 14 with 2126 viewspointofblue

Observations on 19:55 - Jan 14 by HARRY10

It is a failure, because it has within it the possibilty of failure. We lose in the semis,or the final. A one in four chance.

Failing to make the top two will be a failure.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Observations on 20:03 - Jan 14 with 2097 viewsMr_Ipswich

Observations on 20:00 - Jan 14 by pointofblue

Exactly.
Observations on 20:13 - Jan 14 with 1999 viewsSouperJim

I disagree with the majority of what you wrote there.

We didn't manage the game well enough for the first 20-30 minutes. It was helter skelter, felt like a derby game and misplaced passes all over the pitch.

You're critical of Walton but truth is, Plymouth pressed our goal kicks really well and we had no answer to it. Ended up going long to Ladapo who did his best, but repeatedly nobody got near him to feed off anything he won. That's not Walton's fault.

Ladapo gave his marker a tough game and he works so hard for the team. Often he spends an hour laying the groundwork for others to exploit yet the uninformed criticise him for it.

Plymouth were fortunate to equalise. We quietened the game down well after we scored and they had very few moments in the last 20 minutes. Huge deflection for their goal, unfortunately it happens and you can't account for it.

60 points left to play for. There will be plenty of twists and turns yet, not least when Wednesday play Plymouth and then us back to back I believe.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Observations on 20:29 - Jan 14 with 1821 viewsMr_Ipswich

Observations on 20:13 - Jan 14 by SouperJim

I disagree with the majority of what you wrote there.

We didn't manage the game well enough for the first 20-30 minutes. It was helter skelter, felt like a derby game and misplaced passes all over the pitch.

You're critical of Walton but truth is, Plymouth pressed our goal kicks really well and we had no answer to it. Ended up going long to Ladapo who did his best, but repeatedly nobody got near him to feed off anything he won. That's not Walton's fault.

Ladapo gave his marker a tough game and he works so hard for the team. Often he spends an hour laying the groundwork for others to exploit yet the uninformed criticise him for it.

Plymouth were fortunate to equalise. We quietened the game down well after we scored and they had very few moments in the last 20 minutes. Huge deflection for their goal, unfortunately it happens and you can't account for it.

60 points left to play for. There will be plenty of twists and turns yet, not least when Wednesday play Plymouth and then us back to back I believe.

Walton distribution was so poor. So much ending up in to touch. He regularly put Evans and Morsy under undue pressure - back to goal - when passing out. Whilst almost conceding when taking far too long to clear and being closed down. A poor poor game from him in my opinion.

Freddie tried, but ultimately, he just really isn’t that good. Let’s not all be afraid to say it. He isn’t the striker this club should have at the forefront of its attack - especially when we only play one up top.

You are also kind of missing the point. We are on a gradual decline. We have been for 2 months. What is it, 3 wins in 10 and drawn the last 3? We need Broadhead or Hirst to SERIOUSLY hit the ground running!
Observations on 20:35 - Jan 14 with 1752 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Observations on 20:00 - Jan 14 by pointofblue

It will be failure and totally unacceptable. We keep dropping points in the final mins/secs and NOTHING is getting addressed.

Oxford away next week when we had conceded very late equaliser last season and lacked concentration. Nothing has improved since.
Observations on 20:39 - Jan 14 with 1703 viewsSouperJim

Observations on 20:29 - Jan 14 by Mr_Ipswich

Walton distribution was so poor. So much ending up in to touch. He regularly put Evans and Morsy under undue pressure - back to goal - when passing out. Whilst almost conceding when taking far too long to clear and being closed down. A poor poor game from him in my opinion.

Freddie tried, but ultimately, he just really isn’t that good. Let’s not all be afraid to say it. He isn’t the striker this club should have at the forefront of its attack - especially when we only play one up top.

You are also kind of missing the point. We are on a gradual decline. We have been for 2 months. What is it, 3 wins in 10 and drawn the last 3? We need Broadhead or Hirst to SERIOUSLY hit the ground running!

Sometimes you have to give the opposition credit, you're saying Walton had a poor game but in fact Plymouth did a good job of putting him under pressure. He needs his team mates to help him out by controlling the game better.

Saying you want a better striker than Ladapo is a different statement than saying he had a poor game. He had a reasonable game and again, wasn't given much platform to do better due to how we managed the game overall.

Yes, our recent form is a worry. But looking at this game in isolation, there wasn't much in it and I thought we were unfortunate to concede an equaliser.

Hirst will improve us I feel.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Observations on 20:44 - Jan 14 with 1627 viewsMr_Ipswich

Observations on 20:39 - Jan 14 by SouperJim

Sometimes you have to give the opposition credit, you're saying Walton had a poor game but in fact Plymouth did a good job of putting him under pressure. He needs his team mates to help him out by controlling the game better.

Saying you want a better striker than Ladapo is a different statement than saying he had a poor game. He had a reasonable game and again, wasn't given much platform to do better due to how we managed the game overall.

Yes, our recent form is a worry. But looking at this game in isolation, there wasn't much in it and I thought we were unfortunate to concede an equaliser.

Hirst will improve us I feel.

Totally agree with your last sentence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024