Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? 14:43 - Jan 29 with 4372 viewsIllinoisblue

Just realized I’ve never been in the Cobbold main stand. Will have to fix that on next visit over.

North Stand
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Churchmans
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Pioneer
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Middle seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Cobbold
Lower seats - yes
Main stand - no

Executive box or suites - no
Press box - no

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 14:49 - Jan 29 with 2470 viewsdavblue

I was in the Cobbold upper for the Plymouth game. The view isn’t too bad but the facilities are awful.
How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 14:49 - Jan 29 with 2459 viewsMattinLondon

North Stand
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Churchmans
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Upper seats - no

Pioneer
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Middle seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Cobbold
Lower seats - yes
Main stand - yes

Press box - no
How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 14:55 - Jan 29 with 2403 viewsJ2BLUE

North Stand
Terracing - no
Lower seats - no
Upper seats - yes

Churchmans
Terracing - no
Lower seats - no
Upper seats - no

Pioneer
Terracing - no
Lower seats - yes
Middle seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Cobbold
Lower seats - no
Main stand - yes

Executive box or suites - yes director's box
Press box - no

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 14:56 - Jan 29 with 2397 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

North Stand
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Churchmans
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Upper seats - no

Pioneer
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Middle seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Cobbold
Lower seats - yes
Main stand - yes

Executive box or suites - yes
Press box - no

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 15:00 - Jan 29 with 2381 viewsEastTownBlue

Just the SAR upper I have yet to visit for me. I had to work out that the Rotherham cup match was the first time I have been in the SAR lower since April 1995.
How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 15:05 - Jan 29 with 2344 viewsFtnfwest

All 4 and all 4 when they were called something different as well. Not all tiers though.
How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 15:07 - Jan 29 with 2337 viewsNthsuffolkblue

North Stand
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Upper seats - yes
Away cage - yes! *

Churchmans
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Pioneer
Terracing - no (when did that disappear?)
Lower seats - yes
Middle seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Cobbold
Lower seats - yes
Main stand - yes

Press box - no

* Not as an away fan - think it was something like Albania U21s v England U21s and there either wasn't any segregation or no away fans and some of us decided to go in there for it.

EDIT: have done 3 out of 4 stands this season alone (but only 1 tier in each and none that I haven't already been in before).
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 17:03]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 15:10 - Jan 29 with 2319 viewsSitfcB

North Stand

Lower seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Churchmans

Lower seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Pioneer
Executive box - no
Lower seats - yes
Middle seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Cobbold
Executive box - yes
Lower seats - yes
Main stand - yes

Press box - no

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 15:12 - Jan 29 with 2315 viewsSitfcB

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 14:49 - Jan 29 by davblue

I was in the Cobbold upper for the Plymouth game. The view isn’t too bad but the facilities are awful.

Yep sat in Cobbold Upper yesterday for the first time in a while, best view in the house but horrendous facilities for this day in age.

Massive queues from 14:30 to get in and it took 1/2 an hour. No room at all at the bars and stuff.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 15:12 - Jan 29 with 2295 viewsElephantintheRoom

How about widening your survey to include East Stand chicken shed, west stand, churchman’s when it was bouncy wood - and for the really adventurous, North Stand other side of the fence with the away fans

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 15:16 - Jan 29 with 2269 viewslongtimefan

Why have you left out Cobbold terracing but included terracing.for all the other stands

I’ve been all but the Upper and Lower North seats, plus executive/press boxes
How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 15:17 - Jan 29 with 2258 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 15:12 - Jan 29 by ElephantintheRoom

How about widening your survey to include East Stand chicken shed, west stand, churchman’s when it was bouncy wood - and for the really adventurous, North Stand other side of the fence with the away fans

Already added your last option ... although it wasn't really with the away fans!

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 15:22 - Jan 29 with 2209 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 15:12 - Jan 29 by SitfcB

Yep sat in Cobbold Upper yesterday for the first time in a while, best view in the house but horrendous facilities for this day in age.

Massive queues from 14:30 to get in and it took 1/2 an hour. No room at all at the bars and stuff.

Dreadful lack of leg room in there too.

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 15:36 - Jan 29 with 2163 viewsIllinoisblue

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 15:16 - Jan 29 by longtimefan

Why have you left out Cobbold terracing but included terracing.for all the other stands

I apologize to you and Elephant for being old, but not old enough

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 15:40 - Jan 29 with 2127 viewsCraigIT

Everywhere apart from press box and executive. Can brag about that. But not been to too many away grounds.
How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 15:58 - Jan 29 with 2065 viewsgainsboroughblue

North Stand
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Churchmans
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Pioneer
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Middle seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Cobbold
Lower seats - yes
Main stand - yes

Executive box or suites - no (but went in there for some open day thingy in the 80s)
Press box - yes

Pretty good record there I guess. Will also say that I've sat at the Churchmans and North Stand ends of Pioneer stand and terrace (West Stand), as well as Cobbold in case of a tie break situation. Also stood both sides of Churchmans but only one side of North Stand.

Have stood and sat in West Stand but only sat in Portman Terrace. Can anyone remember when the seats went in that side? Pretty sure they were already there when I started going.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 16:09 - Jan 29 with 2008 viewsbluelagos

West stand terrace
Lower seats
Middle seats
Upper seats.

Opposite one lower
Upper tier.

North terrace
North lower
Not sat in North upper

Churchmans terrace
Lower and upper seats.

Never been in a box or press box

Never watched a game on ifollow

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 16:11 - Jan 29 with 2012 viewsFtnfwest

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 15:16 - Jan 29 by longtimefan

You mean Portman terrace? Ahem..
How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 16:13 - Jan 29 with 2003 viewspointofblue

Wasn't around for terracing.

North Stand
Lower seats - no
Upper seats - yes

Churchmans
Lower seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Pioneer
Lower seats - yes
Middle seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Cobbold
Lower seats - no
Main stand - yes

Executive box or suites - yes (Cobbold)
Press box - no

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 16:15 - Jan 29 with 1997 viewsgtsb1966

I always think that people who have never stood on terracing in a large crowd have missed out. That pandemonium when we scored in the North Stand was wonderful.
How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 16:20 - Jan 29 with 1962 viewsBeattie78

North Stand
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Churchmans
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

West stand/Pioneer
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Middle seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

East Stand/Cobbold
Chicken run terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Main stand - yes

Executive boxes & Press box - no

LexdenBlue62

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 16:30 - Jan 29 with 1919 viewsITFC_Forever

Done them all the including Director’s Box except the press box, but we’ve sat in Block Y right in front of the Press Box for cup games.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 16:31]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 16:32 - Jan 29 with 1900 viewslongtimefan

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 16:11 - Jan 29 by Ftnfwest

You mean Portman terrace? Ahem..

Maybe - when I stood in it in the 70s it was just known as the the East Stand as far as I remember
How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 16:33 - Jan 29 with 1896 viewsDubtractor

Same as you, but have done Cobbold Upper.

North Stand
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Churchmans
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Pioneer
Terracing - yes
Lower seats - yes
Middle seats - yes
Upper seats - yes

Cobbold
Lower seats - yes
Main stand - yes

Press box - no

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 16:42 - Jan 29 with 1869 viewsTractorgirlforever

How many different stands have you watched a game from at Portman Rd? on 15:05 - Jan 29 by Ftnfwest

All 4 and all 4 when they were called something different as well. Not all tiers though.

Same here. I think the worst atmosphere is in the cobbold but fairly good views
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024