Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) 09:18 - Feb 3 with 4463 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 09:27 - Feb 3 with 2672 viewsLord_Lucan

He never missed!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 09:28 - Feb 3 with 2667 viewsBlueBadger

A very good one.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 09:28 - Feb 3 with 2660 viewsGeoffSentence

Hard though it is to believe, he was quite a thin one.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 09:32 - Feb 3 with 2645 viewscbower

He had big hair for a while.

bluescouser

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 09:35 - Feb 3 with 2629 viewsCityBlue

He was probably the most clinical player with his back to the goal. He only needed a yard of space and he could turn and instinctively hit the target. The days of the red and white ball flying into the net were magical.

I T I D

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 09:35 - Feb 3 with 2627 viewsblueislander

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 09:32 - Feb 3 by cbower

He had big hair for a while.

One on one with the keeper he always scored. He was a fabulous goal scorer but nothing like that all round striker that was Mariner.
What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 09:35 - Feb 3 with 2626 viewshomer_123

Underrated but extremely effective forward.

Rapid and quicker than you think, tough - natural finisher and more than decent in the air.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 09:37 - Feb 3 with 2619 viewsSharkey

i was trying to remember why he got so few caps for Scotland, and Wikipedia provided the exact number (13) and listed the competition he faced, - including Kenny Dalglish, Charlie Nicholas, Mo Johnston, Steve Archibald, Paul Sturrock, Joe Jordan and Frank McAvennie.
Login to get fewer ads

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 09:39 - Feb 3 with 2573 viewsSwansea_Blue

A 1980s Marcus Stewart

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 09:46 - Feb 3 with 2525 viewsArnieM

Quick.
Agile
One on one with GK, never missed.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 09:46 - Feb 3 with 2527 viewssolemio

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 09:39 - Feb 3 by Swansea_Blue

A 1980s Marcus Stewart

Yes, those two were the ITFC best ever 1 on 1 with the keeper.
What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 09:55 - Feb 3 with 2486 viewsnorfsufblue

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 09:46 - Feb 3 by ArnieM

Quick.
Agile
One on one with GK, never missed.

I believe his one on one finishing was comparable with the great Jimmy Greaves which is saying something
What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 09:59 - Feb 3 with 2474 viewsFixed_It

Nicknamed Coco (the Clown) because of his hair, not his footballing ability. Great finisher, pretty quick and never missed when one-on-one with the keeper.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 10:02 - Feb 3 with 2448 viewsLord_Lucan

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 09:59 - Feb 3 by Fixed_It

Nicknamed Coco (the Clown) because of his hair, not his footballing ability. Great finisher, pretty quick and never missed when one-on-one with the keeper.

Point of order Fixy.

His nickname was Pele

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Was he a number 10? on 10:03 - Feb 3 with 2431 viewsunstableblue

A much much much better Chaplin?

All a bit hazy now… but he was bloody good

That whole 81 team was ridiculous quality

And the vids of that team actually look like a team that matches the quality of the Premiership today.

Thisjen and Muhren were the real quality.. another level

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 10:11 - Feb 3 with 2377 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

As others have said his one on one finishing was superb, ably assisted by Murhens wand of a left foot

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Inside left perhaps? Broadhead type (n/t) on 10:20 - Feb 3 with 2307 viewsunstableblue

Was he a number 10? on 10:03 - Feb 3 by unstableblue

And the vids of that team actually look like a team that matches the quality of the Premiership today.

Inside left perhaps? Broadhead type (n/t) on 10:21 - Feb 3 with 2307 viewsunstableblue

Was he a number 10? on 10:03 - Feb 3 by unstableblue

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 10:22 - Feb 3 with 2301 viewsghostofescobar

From what I can remember, he could be very frustrating as he wouldn’t contribute much. But then he’d get one chance and take it and win us the game. He was paid to score goals and that’s what he did.

GhostOfEscobar

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 10:29 - Feb 3 with 2275 viewsfabian_illness

In todays market, what would he be worth?
What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 10:29 - Feb 3 with 2273 viewsFixed_It

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 10:02 - Feb 3 by Lord_Lucan

Point of order Fixy.

His nickname was Pele

Think he went by both names actually, LL, but I agree that the Pele name was more befitting of his footballing prowess.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 10:33 - Feb 3 with 2245 viewsBlueForYou

If he were playing for us today, we'd be promoted already. He rarely wasted a goal scoring opportunity. Terrific player for us.
What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 10:34 - Feb 3 with 2236 viewsBluefields

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 09:39 - Feb 3 by Swansea_Blue

A 1980s Marcus Stewart

Levels above Stewart,imo, who really only had one good season in the top flight. Do love Stewart though, great memories
What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 10:35 - Feb 3 with 2221 viewsHerbivore

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 09:27 - Feb 3 by Lord_Lucan

He never missed!

He never missed last orders.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What type of player was Alan Brazil? (n/t) on 10:41 - Feb 3 with 2202 viewsCraigIT

Before my time. But I know he was a very good one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024