Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Awful night.. weak performance and toxic fans 22:21 - Feb 14 with 4459 viewsunstableblue

Loads of players didn’t turn up

Harness, Burns…. Wolfie in part

Our young midfielder was overwhelmed

The likes of Clarke had a stinker when they came on

But I’m sorry the Town fans were toxic.. and just didn’t support with any passion… there was a group near us who were negative from the first minute, abusing subs… and at the end had a stand up and toxic row with Morsy when he came over to see the fans

Utter w@nkers…. Look I completely get the anger, we were weak, I get it, but come on support the team

It’s play-offs now… and our rivals are flying we need confidence and to build some momentum

Back the fecking team for gods sake

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Awful night.. weak performance and toxic fans on 13:50 - Feb 15 with 646 viewsSwansea_Blue

Awful night.. weak performance and toxic fans on 22:56 - Feb 14 by FromReuserWithLove

'back the team' ???

Really? Wow.

What’s wrong with supporting your own team? We are, er, supporters after all. What am I missing here, or have you snuck in from another team?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Morsy Responds on 13:59 - Feb 15 with 626 viewsclive_baker

Morsy Responds on 13:46 - Feb 15 by unstableblue

Touch of class from our captain

And I do think some Town fans were challenging in a ‘productive way’ just asking if he was up for it (the challenge) whether he wanted - but what he was reacting to was a group of 3 who I had the displeasure of being near… who were verbally abusing him

And they had done the same to Jackson whilst warming up about 70mins

Fans weren’t clapping subs as they came past to warm up

Sections of the crowd are toxic

I’m not making excuses for a slow and energy less performance

But confidence is an issue

There was definitely frustration and a lot of moaning, but that's nothing new. Probably a bit of realisation that the top 2 dream died last night didn't help. It was a must win that we didn't win, and didn't really look like we were going to for the most part. Very flat, very one dimensional. I'm a fan of McKenna and what he's trying to do but there seems to be a real reluctance to deviate from plan A. Why not stick Hirst up alongside Ladapo last night for example? I thought Fred looked the most likely to make something happen on the rare occasions we got the ball into his feet. Can't say I saw the sense in taking him off in a game like that with 20 minutes left.

Back to the fans, I think there's an element of it working both ways, take Burns when he came off, walked around the whole perimeter of the pitch past both sections of Town fans and not once acknowledged them.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Morsy Responds on 14:17 - Feb 15 with 581 viewsunstableblue

Morsy Responds on 13:59 - Feb 15 by clive_baker

There was definitely frustration and a lot of moaning, but that's nothing new. Probably a bit of realisation that the top 2 dream died last night didn't help. It was a must win that we didn't win, and didn't really look like we were going to for the most part. Very flat, very one dimensional. I'm a fan of McKenna and what he's trying to do but there seems to be a real reluctance to deviate from plan A. Why not stick Hirst up alongside Ladapo last night for example? I thought Fred looked the most likely to make something happen on the rare occasions we got the ball into his feet. Can't say I saw the sense in taking him off in a game like that with 20 minutes left.

Back to the fans, I think there's an element of it working both ways, take Burns when he came off, walked around the whole perimeter of the pitch past both sections of Town fans and not once acknowledged them.

I would never boo Town.. but I felt it last night... we were too slow and no player wanted to seize the initiative

I'm just saying there is a line between frustration and disappointment and abuse of players... several groups crossed over that line - that's all...not happy clappy..

Town fans need to realise that the players confidence is shot to pieces as is our central midfield options

But there's no excuse for some players last night... Burns has let the club down this season, as has in part Chaplin and Harness, these very intermittent displays are just not good enough.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Awful night.. weak performance and toxic fans on 15:09 - Feb 15 with 542 viewsWhos_blue

Awful night.. weak performance and toxic fans on 06:55 - Feb 15 by Powrigan

You are just another one who is happy with the crap produced over the last 22 years.

Where does he say that?
Fair play to him for posting what he did and his subsequent replies, especially when others just seem to want to pick a fight.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024