Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question 18:07 - Mar 24 with 943 viewswrightsrightglove

Why a black out rather than a blue out? I get the third kit can’t be blue, and I absolutely love it, but I think the new black out kits aren’t great and would look much better in all blue. Would keep the traditional colour in the stands as well rather than a lot of people wearing the black kits.
Question on 18:27 - Mar 24 with 889 viewsJeff_winger

All black can be worn by non town fans, so appeals to eds fans.

Don't think they would be as keen to buy an all blue top, the only blue t shirts I own are town kits I have a ton of black tops
[Post edited 24 Mar 2023 18:30]
Question on 18:35 - Mar 24 with 845 viewsGeoffSentence

Yeah, blue out kits would exclude goths like Jeff ^^^

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Question on 18:35 - Mar 24 with 850 viewsTractorgirlforever

Question on 18:27 - Mar 24 by Jeff_winger

Don't think they would be as keen to buy an all blue top, the only blue t shirts I own are town kits I have a ton of black tops

My daughter went to see ed in manchester last night and she said he was wearing the blackout shirt. The marketing of these shirts has been amazing, very intelligently done
Question on 19:04 - Mar 24 with 808 viewswrightsrightglove

Question on 18:27 - Mar 24 by Jeff_winger

Yeah I get the third kit, but the new Copa kits are all black as well when it would have made sense to have them blue to me, they’re all pre-Ed designs so they wouldn’t be selling to his fans anyway
Question on 19:21 - Mar 24 with 776 viewsJeff_winger

Question on 18:35 - Mar 24 by GeoffSentence

Yeah, blue out kits would exclude goths like Jeff ^^^

That made me chuckle Geoff

Cheers jeff
Question on 20:33 - Mar 24 with 722 viewsLord_Lucan

Question on 18:35 - Mar 24 by Tractorgirlforever

My daughter went to see ed in manchester last night and she said he was wearing the blackout shirt. The marketing of these shirts has been amazing, very intelligently done

Did she mention if many people were wearing a town shirt?

I would imagine that a normal Manchester based concert crowd would probably have about 1% town fans in there - so in a crowd of 60,000 (I don’t know the concert capacity) you would have 600 town fans - of which probably only 1% would wear a town shirt reducing the shirt count to 6.

Edit - and I think I might have been generous with the percentages.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2023 20:42]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Question on 08:02 - Mar 25 with 546 viewsJeff_winger

Question on 20:33 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

I would imagine that a normal Manchester based concert crowd would probably have about 1% town fans in there - so in a crowd of 60,000 (I don’t know the concert capacity) you would have 600 town fans - of which probably only 1% would wear a town shirt reducing the shirt count to 6.

Your calculation assumes everyone at the concert supports a football team.
I'd imagine the amount of people attending the concert who own any type of football short is relatively low
Question on 20:54 - Mar 25 with 452 viewsTractorgirlforever

Question on 20:33 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

She said she didnt notice anybody wearing a town shirt. Maybe its something his fans might buy after seeing him wear it.
Login to get fewer ads

Question on 21:00 - Mar 25 with 440 viewsSwansea_Blue

A ‘dark blue’ out is a very good idea. Midnight blue with a hint of our blue in it would look great. I suspect a block to that is that kits are made by multinationals that need a wider audience than one club,

Edit - although maybe it could be a thing. There are enough teams who play in blue to have a blueout kit for. Same for every colour really (white might be a problem!).
[Post edited 25 Mar 2023 21:05]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024