Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who went to Oxford away in 1992? 14:20 - Apr 27 with 1316 viewsMaySixth

packed on the terrace
on the pitch
what a day

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Who went to Oxford away in 1992? on 14:30 - Apr 27 with 1279 viewssohamblue

Yup
Went on a bus from Angel Hill BSE
We were the first bus there and the last to leave
We did not go back with the rest via the motorway,
A cop car followed us and stopped us and told the driver
Not to stop anywhere and go straight back home,
We stopped in a small village somewhere and took over
A pub that had a karaoke night planned, it was cancelled
And the locals joined in singing football songs
My mate Mark emptied there fruit machine
Climbed over the fence to get on the pitch, not realising
The stewards had opened a gate
Who went to Oxford away in 1992? on 14:44 - Apr 27 with 1234 viewsmrshallisfit

I did. Came from university where I was in my final year.
Who went to Oxford away in 1992? on 15:40 - Apr 27 with 1177 viewsPioneerBlue

I was there as a lad at the front then on the pitch. If memory serves, Lyall addressed us and eventually asked us politely to leave the pitch and go home!

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Who went to Oxford away in 1992? on 15:54 - Apr 27 with 1135 viewsDJR

I was there. Before the game we went for a drink in Milton, a village in Oxfordshire. It was an omen.
Who went to Oxford away in 1992? on 16:35 - Apr 27 with 1090 viewsFarmerpiles

Yep, drove down there on the day with my mate Justin. Away section was rammed. Can't remember how most of us got on the pitch to be honest. What a day. Their so few and far between for us they stay with you always. Drink every second of sat in, IF we win.
Who went to Oxford away in 1992? on 16:45 - Apr 27 with 1044 viewsFoD_Blue

I went up on the day not realising it was all ticket for away fans. I was based at RAF Brize Norton, so a short trip to Oxford.
Got a ticket with the home fans in the satnd to the left of the away end.
When we scored the equaliser, it was obvious that there were a lot of town fans in that stand.
At the final whistle, an Oxford supporter shook my hand and wished us good luck for the next season as I clambered over the wall onto the pitch.

What a day!
Who went to Oxford away in 1992? on 16:47 - Apr 27 with 1039 viewsfarkenhell

Who went to Oxford away in 1992? on 16:35 - Apr 27 by Farmerpiles

Yep, drove down there on the day with my mate Justin. Away section was rammed. Can't remember how most of us got on the pitch to be honest. What a day. Their so few and far between for us they stay with you always. Drink every second of sat in, IF we win.

At the final whistle, loads of Ipswich supporters ran onto the pitch from all parts of the home stands. The stewards then very kindly opened the gates to the fence for us. We sang loads of songs, but the only one I can remember now is "Norwich, Norwich, here we come".
Who went to Oxford away in 1992? on 17:10 - Apr 27 with 1008 viewspennblue

yep

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Login to get fewer ads

Who went to Oxford away in 1992? on 17:57 - Apr 27 with 958 viewsBrianTablet

Who went to Oxford away in 1992? on 16:45 - Apr 27 by FoD_Blue

I went up on the day not realising it was all ticket for away fans. I was based at RAF Brize Norton, so a short trip to Oxford.
Got a ticket with the home fans in the satnd to the left of the away end.
When we scored the equaliser, it was obvious that there were a lot of town fans in that stand.
At the final whistle, an Oxford supporter shook my hand and wished us good luck for the next season as I clambered over the wall onto the pitch.

What a day!

Ha. I did the same. Persuaded a non-footy mate to drive there. Ticket office said there were no tickets, so went in with the Oxford fans. Ended up side-on, far end from the Town fans.
Lots of supressed cheers from around me when we scored.
What a day!

That season was: Forrest's hoof to right wing --> Whitton's head --> Kiwomya's pace --> Goal!
On repeat.

Worth everything to see Warky here:
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9915071/sky-sports-first-e

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Who went to Oxford away in 1992? on 18:25 - Apr 27 with 927 viewsSenatorBlue

Yep. Chris Kiwomya on shoulder for a short period.

Also observing Dozzells brother hanging out of a sunroof with an Ipswich flag at 70+ on the M40 😂
[Post edited 27 Apr 2023 18:27]
Who went to Oxford away in 1992? on 18:57 - Apr 27 with 879 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Who went to Oxford away in 1992? on 15:40 - Apr 27 by PioneerBlue

I was there as a lad at the front then on the pitch. If memory serves, Lyall addressed us and eventually asked us politely to leave the pitch and go home!

That’s how I remember it too - excitement of promotion and on the pitch and then Lyall asking us to go home!
Who went to Oxford away in 1992? on 19:01 - Apr 27 with 871 viewsDJR

Who went to Oxford away in 1992? on 17:57 - Apr 27 by BrianTablet

Ha. I did the same. Persuaded a non-footy mate to drive there. Ticket office said there were no tickets, so went in with the Oxford fans. Ended up side-on, far end from the Town fans.
Lots of supressed cheers from around me when we scored.
What a day!

That season was: Forrest's hoof to right wing --> Whitton's head --> Kiwomya's pace --> Goal!
On repeat.

Worth everything to see Warky here:
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9915071/sky-sports-first-e

I've never realised it before but Gordon Strachan then had a bit of the look of Lionel Messi.
Who went to Oxford away in 1992? on 16:35 - Apr 28 with 708 viewsAndrewRatcliffITFC

I was standing in the Oxford side stand as couldn't get ticket in away end. By the end of the game I realised there were more Ipswich there than Oxford. Most of the Town fans running on the pitch initially came from the side stands. Eventually they open the gates of the away end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024