Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did we celebrate too soon? 17:00 - May 7 with 2061 viewsviewfromtheu2

Today felt wierdly anticlimactical, didn't it?

We 100% deserve all the plaudits, and as fans, we had every right to celebrate, have award dinners & party! It felt cathartic after a generation of rot!

But maybe, just maybe, we should have waited a week?

I dunno.

Week in, week out, we've watched the most spectacular football in memory, we've broken records, we've exorcised demons, we've reconnected with the community, we've sold out the ground. New heroes have been born, memories have been made & these boys have made us proud again

Not moaning btw 😜

Looking forward to next year although it's not just the players and staff who need end of season holidays lol

@BonoITFC

Did we celebrate too soon? on 17:07 - May 7 with 1982 viewsnorfsufblue

Port Vale scored too early.... would rather have seen that happen around 89th minute but happy enough that we effectively had a free hit today!
Did we celebrate too soon? on 17:12 - May 7 with 1946 viewsRonFearonsHair

“How we get there I don’t care” Would sooner have wrapped it up last week and been able to experience it live, even if it left a dead rubber today.

We also would have learnt more from today than had we won 4-0.
Did we celebrate too soon? on 17:38 - May 7 with 1849 viewsLord_Lucan

We celebrated because we were promoted and when all said and done Wednesday were on our heels, thank god we got it done is all I care about it anyway.

And - said it before, I don’t want that bloody achievement on our honours list anyway.

Would like to have got 100 points though.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Did we celebrate too soon? on 17:43 - May 7 with 1823 viewsJ2BLUE

No. We did what ever promoted team does.

I was over the 100/100 and title stuff within about 30 seconds. Promotion was 99.9%. This other stuff was just to make it perfect.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Did we celebrate too soon? on 17:47 - May 7 with 1786 viewsNthQldITFC

Did we celebrate too soon? on 17:43 - May 7 by J2BLUE

No. We did what ever promoted team does.

I was over the 100/100 and title stuff within about 30 seconds. Promotion was 99.9%. This other stuff was just to make it perfect.

Been out on my bike, singing Town songs round the back lanes and startling the pigeons, and do you know what, I've come to the conclusion that missing out on the title, and missing out on the 100/100 is actually a GOOD thing, because we will go into next season a little tiny bit pissed off and needing to prove ourselves from the start rather having any Billy Big Ballocks complacency.

Sorry for the lack of full stops.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Did we celebrate too soon? on 18:02 - May 7 with 1708 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

No, the job was to win promotion. We did that last weekend, so we celebrated it.

Job done.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Did we celebrate too soon? on 21:54 - May 7 with 1383 viewsSomethingBlue

No — we got promoted at Portman Road. It was the occasion of a lifetime.

Today was a banter game that we prepared for with four days on the p7ss. Nothing to see here or analyse. What a season.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Did we celebrate too soon? on 21:57 - May 7 with 1366 viewsAsa

One of the weirdest atmospheres I can remember.

Saw an awful lot of faces from Walkabout that were worse for wear having probably not got to bed until 3am.

The rest had probably been up at 3am to make the trip up North and we’re still half asleep.

But if there was anything riding on it then it would have been rocking. The job had been done and we could all relax.

The players can’t play at the intensity that needing a result brings. They’ve deserved a poor performance and it was disjointed rather than poor. We still created enough to win well.

But nothing will ever be better than nearly 30,000 of us partying on our own patch after a sun soaked goal fest to seal promotion.
[Post edited 7 May 2023 22:05]
Login to get fewer ads

Did we celebrate too soon? on 22:00 - May 7 with 1335 viewsbuoyant

No.

Hope that helps.

UTT

Did we celebrate too soon? on 22:08 - May 7 with 1297 viewsTheBoyBlue

I get what you mean, but no. Celebrating at Portman Road with 29,000 others and then the town rocking afterwards was much better than in some far flung corner of the north-west coast with how many could be crammed into Fleetwood's ground.

The title was always going to be a bonus, going up was the job.

Personally, I'm glad we didn't lose, kept the unbeaten run going and we go into next season with that and some momentum.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Did we celebrate too soon? on 22:08 - May 7 with 1291 viewsChurchman

Today was as irrelevant as any other meaningless game over the past god knows how many years. The difference was that we’d achieved our goal.

Of course the players weren’t quite ‘on it’. Had they needed to be they would have been.

Watched Dartford v St Albans. Pitiful game, but I had a laugh with my buddies who kept me informed of the score, despite me not caring. One as a geordie had nothing to crow about as it turned out and the other follows dirty Leeds.

It’s all good fun. Auto promotion a week early? Yes please!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024