Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 players for every position 14:15 - May 26 with 2052 viewswrightsrightglove

Can see us making 5 signings and competing pretty well. New LCB, CM, RW, CAM, ST and I think that would set us up nicely:

Walton
Hladky

Davis
Leigh

New CB
Burgess

Wolf
Edmundson

Clarke
Donacian

Morsy
Luongo

New CM (Taylor?)
Evans

Broadhead
Edwards

Chaplin
New CAM

Burns
New RW (Sakyi?)

New ST (Hirst?)
Ladapo

Utility players - Humphries (not included in squad count), Aluko, Ball, Under 18 GK, plus one more space

Edit - sakyi spelling
[Post edited 26 May 2023 14:26]
2 players for every position on 14:22 - May 26 with 1987 viewsBlueBadger

Wouldn't be surprised to see us in the market for RB back up for Clarke. I rather fear that Doncien may not be up to the Championship.
(Admittedly, this is based on limited viewings of him in a piss poor team in the championship).

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

2 players for every position on 14:27 - May 26 with 1971 viewswrightsrightglove

2 players for every position on 14:22 - May 26 by BlueBadger

Wouldn't be surprised to see us in the market for RB back up for Clarke. I rather fear that Doncien may not be up to the Championship.
(Admittedly, this is based on limited viewings of him in a piss poor team in the championship).

Quite possibly, but he’s also able to cover several positions which KMK likes and he’s an experienced head to have in the dressing room. We’ll see!
2 players for every position on 14:33 - May 26 with 1940 viewsjayessess

2 players for every position on 14:22 - May 26 by BlueBadger

Why would you base anything on his performances half a decade ago in a car crash of a team?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

2 players for every position on 14:38 - May 26 with 1903 viewsBlueBadger

2 players for every position on 14:33 - May 26 by jayessess

Why would you base anything on his performances half a decade ago in a car crash of a team?

Not a lot more than a hunch and the fact that he's never played for an extended time at that level really, tbh.
[Post edited 26 May 2023 14:39]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

2 players for every position on 14:44 - May 26 with 1876 viewsGlasgowBlue

You have missed out Harness.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

2 players for every position on 14:44 - May 26 with 1868 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Hirst or new number 9
A right wing-back to challenge Burns
A new experienced CB to challenge the current ones
Humphreys out on a season long-loan

Sorted.
2 players for every position on 14:46 - May 26 with 1852 viewsBlueBoots

You'd think the "plus one more space" would be another Number 9; can't risk going into the season with just 2 (we were lucky that Hirst and Ladapo managed to avoid injury for the run-in, but over the course of a season always likely to happen)

Not sure if we'll manage 5 signings in the summer window; need to factor in that there are a lot of players you've left out (Harness, Harper, Ahadme, Jackson, El Miz, Ndaba, Camara, Pigott) who are all still under contract and would need to be moved out either on loan or permanently to make space and free up the wage bill.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

2 players for every position on 14:50 - May 26 with 1831 viewsjayessess

2 players for every position on 14:46 - May 26 by BlueBoots

You'd think the "plus one more space" would be another Number 9; can't risk going into the season with just 2 (we were lucky that Hirst and Ladapo managed to avoid injury for the run-in, but over the course of a season always likely to happen)

Not sure if we'll manage 5 signings in the summer window; need to factor in that there are a lot of players you've left out (Harness, Harper, Ahadme, Jackson, El Miz, Ndaba, Camara, Pigott) who are all still under contract and would need to be moved out either on loan or permanently to make space and free up the wage bill.

I'd guess we'd try to pick up someone who can deputise for the 9, but who mainly plays in the Broadhead or Chaplin roles. Can't really carry 3 players per position.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

2 players for every position on 14:51 - May 26 with 1833 viewsPioneerBlue

With the exception of Harness (you’ve missed him off or decided he has no place), I think you have identified the weakest areas; I have no beef with MH, he only arrived last year and he scored goals when fit.

Your 2 for every position means no place for Camera nor Jackson. I don’t know if they will do all of that in one window. Maybe.
[Post edited 26 May 2023 17:22]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

2 players for every position on 14:57 - May 26 with 1810 viewsclive_baker

Don't think that's far off, although Ball and Harness are missing.

5 additions looks about right, it does beg the question what the future holds for a chunk of our current squad though, namely Jackson, Camara, Evans, Humphreys, El Miz, Harper, Pigott, Ahadme.

That's 8 players and I wouldn't have thought we have room for more than a couple of them at most.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

2 players for every position on 15:02 - May 26 with 1782 viewsBlueBoots

2 players for every position on 14:50 - May 26 by jayessess

I'd guess we'd try to pick up someone who can deputise for the 9, but who mainly plays in the Broadhead or Chaplin roles. Can't really carry 3 players per position.

Or a 9 who can deputise as a 10 (as we already have Broadhead, Chaplin, Edwards, Harness, Aluko (if he signs his contract) and can see Humphreys being pushed forward too if he doesn't go out on loan)

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

2 players for every position on 16:15 - May 26 with 1647 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

My personal prediction:

- backup GK, someone experienced but free/minimal cost as expecting Hladky to move on
- CB at considerable cost (fee or wages), we seem to target the weakest areas of the squad and as good as Burgess has been, this seems an obvious one
- CM at considerable cost, probably Taylor. I’ll probably take pelters for this but not convinced Luongo and Morsy is a good enough combo to get us where we ultimately want to go, I’ll be surprised if that’s our first choice pair by the end of the season
- AM on loan from the PL, hunch that it won’t be Sakyi but a youngster with a much higher profile and reputation
- ST, presumably Hirst or another, again at decent cost if we can’t get the Hirst deal done
- Veteran with extensive PL experience on a free, probably a forward. Not sure we will want to rely on Ladapo in the event that Hirst/other are injured, if Ladapo is even still here

Completely guesswork and probably miles off, it’s a lot more exciting than wondering who we might get for 5p under Evans though!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

2 players for every position on 16:35 - May 26 with 1583 viewswrightsrightglove

2 players for every position on 14:44 - May 26 by GlasgowBlue

You have missed out Harness.

I missed off a few players that I can see moving on, harness, Jackson, ball, camera etc. I think could well be moved on
2 players for every position on 16:38 - May 26 with 1558 viewswrightsrightglove

2 players for every position on 14:57 - May 26 by clive_baker

Don't think that's far off, although Ball and Harness are missing.

5 additions looks about right, it does beg the question what the future holds for a chunk of our current squad though, namely Jackson, Camara, Evans, Humphreys, El Miz, Harper, Pigott, Ahadme.

That's 8 players and I wouldn't have thought we have room for more than a couple of them at most.

Yeah in my head I added ball and harness to the ‘possibly won’t be here’ list for next season, I think both will want to be playing and with us no doubt upgrading in both of their positions I can’t see them sticking around next season
2 players for every position (n/t) on 16:39 - May 26 with 1547 viewswrightsrightglove

2 players for every position on 16:15 - May 26 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

My personal prediction:

- backup GK, someone experienced but free/minimal cost as expecting Hladky to move on
- CB at considerable cost (fee or wages), we seem to target the weakest areas of the squad and as good as Burgess has been, this seems an obvious one
- CM at considerable cost, probably Taylor. I’ll probably take pelters for this but not convinced Luongo and Morsy is a good enough combo to get us where we ultimately want to go, I’ll be surprised if that’s our first choice pair by the end of the season
- AM on loan from the PL, hunch that it won’t be Sakyi but a youngster with a much higher profile and reputation
- ST, presumably Hirst or another, again at decent cost if we can’t get the Hirst deal done
- Veteran with extensive PL experience on a free, probably a forward. Not sure we will want to rely on Ladapo in the event that Hirst/other are injured, if Ladapo is even still here

Completely guesswork and probably miles off, it’s a lot more exciting than wondering who we might get for 5p under Evans though!

I think we’ll see some games with a Morsy and luongo combo in the middle (assuming luongo signs) against some of the better / more physical teams but agree that I don’t think they’ll be the first choice pairing come the start of the season
[Post edited 26 May 2023 16:40]
2 players for every position on 10:22 - May 27 with 1216 viewsHorsham

I’m not sure the squad make up will be along the lines of 2 players for every position. If you look at the match day squad it generally contains 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 3 midfielders, 6 wingers/10’s, and 2 strikers. I’d expect the same roughly proportionally within the squad of 25 to make the best use of the allowed resources.

So perhaps 3 goalkeepers, 7 defenders, 4 midfielders, 8 attacking midfielders and 3 strikers with U21’s used to create more depth and options if needed.
2 players for every position on 19:06 - May 27 with 1059 viewsPioneerBlue

2 players for every position on 10:22 - May 27 by Horsham

I’m not sure the squad make up will be along the lines of 2 players for every position. If you look at the match day squad it generally contains 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 3 midfielders, 6 wingers/10’s, and 2 strikers. I’d expect the same roughly proportionally within the squad of 25 to make the best use of the allowed resources.

So perhaps 3 goalkeepers, 7 defenders, 4 midfielders, 8 attacking midfielders and 3 strikers with U21’s used to create more depth and options if needed.

With 4 midfielders. Is you view we’d drop an attacking midfielder into that double pivot in the event of injuries like this year? Possible, but I’d say 5 midfielders, potentially 1 us u21 which might be the same. Morsy Luongo Ball Evo/Camara plus Humph. We can actually carry all those on squad numbers or shift Evo / Camera to free up a new incoming midfielder.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

2 players for every position on 19:19 - May 27 with 1040 viewsNthQldITFC

I'd pretty much go along with that, plus a versatile 9/10 as others have said.

I think the fact that most of us on here think pretty much the same thing is a sign (as if we needed such a thing) that the club is in a very good state, with a clear, coherent and effective plan and way of playing.

Can't wait for August!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024