Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Statistical comparison with last Championship season 20:21 - Jun 1 with 26018 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Just been looking at who replaces who if I make the comparison with last time we were in the Championship.

Many of the opposition are the same sides so need no replacement. However, 8 do. I have roughly gone with the most recent promoted replacing the longest ago relegated but not been especially careful to check on this.

I make it:

Plymouth replace Derby
Cardiff replace Bolton
Huddersfield replace Wigan
Watford replace Reading
Coventry replace Forest
Sunderland replace Brentford
Southampton replace Villa
Leicester replace Sheff Utd

Of course the comparison will be with a season in which we got a miserable 31 pts, GF 36, GD -41.

We will need something like 14 more points to stay up, +44 (Edited from +29 - see below) for the play offs and +60 to be talking automatic. I am looking forward to the comparison anyway.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 15:57]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 22:48 - Jun 1 with 14625 viewsChocorange

Need a bit more than +29 for play offs … more like +44 ish
Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 06:42 - Jun 2 with 14505 viewsBlueBoots

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 22:48 - Jun 1 by Chocorange

Indeed...last time we made the play-offs, needed 78 points to finish 6th (so +47) The average points total needed to finish 6th in the 8 years since then is 74 points.

Looking forward to the updates over the coming season

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 15:53 - Aug 5 with 14059 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 22:48 - Jun 1 by Chocorange

I think I was looking at last season's totals alone and miscalculated by 10 points. So, yes, as you say more like +44 would be needed most seasons.

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 15:56 - Aug 5 with 14042 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Par score for Sunday 2-0 defeat.

COYB!

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 21:54 - Aug 6 with 13894 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 15:56 - Aug 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Par score for Sunday 2-0 defeat.

COYB!

Pd 1 Pts +3 GD +3 GF +2. An excellent start.

Par score for Saturday vs Stoke 1-1.

Won't be any easy games at this level (just as there weren't last season in League 1).

Statistical comparison with last Championship season on 07:19 - Aug 7 with 13682 viewsADStephenson

Just commenting so I can find this thread easily every week. Really enjoyed the League One comparison thread.

www.adstephenson.com

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 07:22 - Aug 7 with 13668 viewsBlueBoots

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 21:54 - Aug 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Won't be any easy games at this level (just as there weren't last season in League 1).

Will be continuing to bump the excellent thread this season by posting our projected total points and goals. Bit of a nonsense with a sample size of one match so far, but here goes:

138 Points 92 Goals (!)

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 20:16 - Aug 12 with 13468 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 07:22 - Aug 7 by BlueBoots

Will be continuing to bump the excellent thread this season by posting our projected total points and goals. Bit of a nonsense with a sample size of one match so far, but here goes:

138 Points 92 Goals (!)

Still on target for that - an improved points total with fewer goals from last season! What a cracking result! I wish I had been able to be there!

Login to get fewer ads

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 20:20 - Aug 12 with 13425 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 21:54 - Aug 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Pd 2 Pts +5 GD +5 GF +3. Unbelievably great start.

Par score for QPR next Saturday 3-0 defeat.

One thing that helps with the positivity is how poor that previous Championship season was!

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 07:50 - Aug 13 with 13208 viewsBlueBoots

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 20:16 - Aug 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Still on target for that - an improved points total with fewer goals from last season! What a cracking result! I wish I had been able to be there!

I see you worked that out already, but yes, still on target for 138 Points 92 Goals

Posting to bump your thread for Sunday viewing!

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 17:13 - Aug 19 with 12911 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 20:20 - Aug 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Pd 2 Pts +5 GD +5 GF +3. Unbelievably great start.

Par score for QPR next Saturday 3-0 defeat.

One thing that helps with the positivity is how poor that previous Championship season was!

Pd 3 PTS +8 gd +9 gf +4.

Chaplin off the mark. 100% record. Top of the league. Stop the season now! COYB!

My prediction was 2-0 with Chaplin first scorer.

Par for Leeds next week a rare win 3-2. Interestingly Downes and Dozzell both scored in that one. I will leave Blueboots to update the total points!

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 07:04 - Aug 20 with 12738 viewsBlueBoots

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 17:13 - Aug 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Pd 3 PTS +8 gd +9 gf +4.

Chaplin off the mark. 100% record. Top of the league. Stop the season now! COYB!

Par for Leeds next week a rare win 3-2. Interestingly Downes and Dozzell both scored in that one. I will leave Blueboots to update the total points!

I see you've left me my job! But yes, still on target for 138 Points - rather disappointing that we've dropped to 77 Goals, and Chappers needs to up his game having scored a fifth of our goals compared to a quarter last season

Sunday bump!

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 07:25 - Aug 20 with 12701 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 07:04 - Aug 20 by BlueBoots

I see you've left me my job! But yes, still on target for 138 Points - rather disappointing that we've dropped to 77 Goals, and Chappers needs to up his game having scored a fifth of our goals compared to a quarter last season

Sunday bump!

Our failure to score a second goal meant it needed a calculation! Plus I know you like to bump the thread on a Sunday with the stat.

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 17:08 - Aug 26 with 12353 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 17:13 - Aug 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Pd 3 PTS +8 gd +9 gf +4.

Pd 4 PTS +5 gd +7 gf +4.

Par score for Cardiff replacing Bolton 0-0.

Disappointing but had to lose at some point. Now to bounce straight back.

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 08:59 - Aug 27 with 12188 viewsBlueBoots

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 17:08 - Aug 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Pd 4 PTS +5 gd +7 gf +4.

Sunday Bump!

Current Projected Totals: 104 Points, 92 Goals

Chappers back to his levels of last season scoring a quarter of our goals

Sad that the unbeaten run has come to an end, but a defeat that will probably help us in the long run; highlighted a few problems that we'd been getting away with in previous matches against strikeforces that didn't cost over £70m to put together.

Onwards and upwards - take it out on Reading in the Cup!

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 17:14 - Sep 2 with 11937 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 17:08 - Aug 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Pd 4 PTS +5 gd +7 gf +4.

Pd 5 PTS +7 gd +8 gf +7.

Looking very good yet again.

Par score for Wednesday away 2-1 defeat.

COYB!

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 08:20 - Sep 3 with 11788 viewsBlueBoots

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 17:14 - Sep 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Pd 5 PTS +7 gd +8 gf +7.

COYB!

Fantastic comeback, and delighted for Freddie who before the transfer window shut seemed to have replaced Burgess as the new "Who shall we replace him with?" target by many on here. Seemingly on the assumption that K McK no longer had faith in him because he brought Jackson off the bench ahead of Freddie in a game (where the oppo were playing a high defensive line) - switch to a game where the oppo are playing a low block and Freddie comes off the bench instead...it's almost like we have a manager who knows what we need

Going into the first international break on target for 110 Points, 101 Goals - COYB

Statistical comparison with last Championship season on 08:50 - Sep 3 with 11707 viewsDilithium85

My favourite thread is back 😁 100 goals in a season again? I can live with that
Statistical comparison with last Championship season on 17:07 - Sep 16 with 11426 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Next season statistical comparison with last Championship season on 17:14 - Sep 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Pd 5 PTS +7 gd +8 gf +7.

COYB!

Pd 6 PTS +10 gd +10 gf +7.

Par score for Southampton (replacing Villa) away 2-1 defeat.

COYB!

Statistical comparison with last Championship season on 08:11 - Sep 17 with 11099 viewsBlueBoots

Statistical comparison with last Championship season on 17:07 - Sep 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

COYB!

Comfortable win - a very poor looking Wednesday side had their direct attack chewed up and spat out by our defence (Burgess outstanding), who also looked very classy playing around the SW press (One highlight for me was when SW finally managed to not allow Hladky an easy short pass, he just pinged a 50 yarder into the feet of Luongo) Very lucky to catch us on a day when our attacking players had a rare off day in front of goal - scoreline could have been embarrassing.

Current projected totals: 115 Points, 92 Goals - COYB

Statistical comparison with last Championship season on 13:29 - Sep 17 with 10912 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Statistical comparison with last Championship season on 08:11 - Sep 17 by BlueBoots

Comfortable win - a very poor looking Wednesday side had their direct attack chewed up and spat out by our defence (Burgess outstanding), who also looked very classy playing around the SW press (One highlight for me was when SW finally managed to not allow Hladky an easy short pass, he just pinged a 50 yarder into the feet of Luongo) Very lucky to catch us on a day when our attacking players had a rare off day in front of goal - scoreline could have been embarrassing.

Current projected totals: 115 Points, 92 Goals - COYB

I guess the extra points makes up for not getting 100 goals. We couldn't get over 100 points and finish third ... could we?

Statistical comparison with last Championship season on 19:10 - Sep 17 with 10756 viewsBlueBoots

Statistical comparison with last Championship season on 13:29 - Sep 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

I guess the extra points makes up for not getting 100 goals. We couldn't get over 100 points and finish third ... could we?

Reading, 2005/06 - 106pts
Sunderland, 1998/99 - 105pts
Newcastle United, 2009/10 - 102pts
Leicester City, 2013/14 - 102pts
Fulham, 2000/01 - 101pts
Burnley, 2022/23 - 101pts

100 Points = Nailed On Champions

I think Man City under Keegan and Fulham 2 seasons back are the only teams to crack the 100 goals total (108 & 106 respectively), but may have missed in my quick search...

Statistical comparison with last Championship season on 02:47 - Sep 18 with 10554 viewsKropotkin123

Statistical comparison with last Championship season on 17:07 - Sep 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

COYB!

Just saw this and it made me think of your thread. Thought it was interesting to add. Hopefully not hijacking what you are doing (always reading it!).

From soccerstats: https://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england2&stats=24-ipswich-town

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Statistical comparison with last Championship season on 21:50 - Sep 19 with 10147 viewsNthsuffolkblue

COYB!

Pd 7 PTS +13 gd +12 gf +7.

Another 1-0 away win. 18 pts from 21. Wow!

Par score for Blackburn at home 2-2 (Hurst's first game yet another false new dawn then).

COYB!

Statistical comparison with last Championship season on 08:14 - Sep 22 with 9863 viewsBlueBoots

Statistical comparison with last Championship season on 21:50 - Sep 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

Pd 7 PTS +13 gd +12 gf +7.

Another 1-0 away win. 18 pts from 21. Wow!

Par score for Blackburn at home 2-2 (Hurst's first game yet another false new dawn then).

COYB!

Matchday Eve bump for a change

Going into our 3rd game of the week (finally) at home after 2 hard fought away wins. What I found most pleasing was our opposition in both games couldn't have been more different, and we adapted our defensive tactics to nullify both teams (I don't think Sheffield Wednesday actually had a shot on target all game)

To cope with Wednesday, our defence dealt with all the direct balls in to their target men, our midfield won the second balls or pressured theirs into mistakes, and once we had the ball we kept possession well.

Against Southampton, we were up against a team who play out from the back and try to pass teams to death, so our front men worked their socks off not allowing their defenders time on the ball (rewarded by Omari's excellent goal), and if we didn't manage to win the ball back high up the pitch, we dropped men behind the ball, defended compact and narrow, and saved energy by allowing Southampton to pass the ball around in areas where they couldn't hurt us. We then looked to force them wide and win the ball back in those areas in order to launch quick counter attacks with Southampton leaving space in behind after passing their way up the pitch. 2 completely different tactical set-ups, but 2 identical 1-0 results

Our attacking players not firing on all cylinders in front of goal this week - few chances in both games you'd normally expect the players they fell to to put away; might be a consequence of being a bit more defensive minded when in possession after the goals we shipped against Leeds / Cardiff, but still creating enough chances to think there will be a game very soon where we win far more comfortably.

Current projected totals: 118 Points, 85 Goals - COYB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024