Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Foreign Players Coming 17:27 - Jun 14 with 2431 viewsHorsham

Maybe some transfer activity has been waiting for this.

Foreign Players Coming on 17:30 - Jun 14 with 2390 viewsTrequartista

I didn't realise we still restricted foreign players. I'd like to see a rule enforcing line-ups have a majority of players from the British Isles.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Foreign Players Coming on 17:37 - Jun 14 with 2324 viewsHorsham

Foreign Players Coming on 17:30 - Jun 14 by Trequartista

I didn't realise we still restricted foreign players. I'd like to see a rule enforcing line-ups have a majority of players from the British Isles.

Don’t think we do restrict on numbers just on work permit criteria.

I read this as more a green light for smaller clubs to look overseas where it hasn’t been possible since Brexit.
[Redacted] on 17:47 - Jun 14 with 2244 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Foreign Players Coming on 17:59 - Jun 14 with 2151 viewsMattinLondon

Why?
Foreign Players Coming on 18:05 - Jun 14 with 2103 viewsBiGDonnie

#AnnounceBersant

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Foreign Players Coming on 18:11 - Jun 14 with 2076 viewsBigCommon

Totally agree... It's special to have the likes of Wolfy, Clarke and Humphreys playing first team football, here.
Don't mind a few from overseas, but would prefer the majority core of any English side to be made up of British players.
Foreign Players Coming on 18:16 - Jun 14 with 2043 viewsTrequartista

[Redacted] on 17:47 - Jun 14 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

The Premier League, and to a lesser extent the Championship, feel more like a world league based in England rather than an English league. It's something i'd like to see in every country, not just ours.

Foreign Players Coming on 18:32 - Jun 14 with 1969 viewsMattinLondon

Foreign Players Coming on 18:16 - Jun 14 by Trequartista

The Premier League, and to a lesser extent the Championship, feel more like a world league based in England rather than an English league. It's something i'd like to see in every country, not just ours.

Football is a world game and I don’t really understand why a club should be restricted to talented players from England. Given a choice I’d rather have a first eleven of just foreign players which are successful rather than a predominantly English squad which isn’t.
Login to get fewer ads

Foreign Players Coming on 18:36 - Jun 14 with 1951 viewsTrequartista

Foreign Players Coming on 18:32 - Jun 14 by MattinLondon

Football is a world game and I don’t really understand why a club should be restricted to talented players from England. Given a choice I’d rather have a first eleven of just foreign players which are successful rather than a predominantly English squad which isn’t.

Because if all leagues across the world have players from anywhere they all become the same instead of having their own identity.

Foreign Players Coming on 18:40 - Jun 14 with 1906 viewsMattinLondon

Foreign Players Coming on 18:36 - Jun 14 by Trequartista

Because if all leagues across the world have players from anywhere they all become the same instead of having their own identity.

The identity being that they involve clubs from their own country based in their own countries cities. Cities whose history are intertwined with many of its football clubs. Doesn’t matter where the players are from.
Foreign Players Coming on 19:03 - Jun 14 with 1790 viewsEwan_Oozami

Foreign Players Coming on 18:36 - Jun 14 by Trequartista

Every player a Lisbon Lion...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Foreign Players Coming on 20:28 - Jun 14 with 1519 viewsHorsham

…anyone spotter the next Marco Holster?
Foreign Players Coming on 20:29 - Jun 14 with 1512 viewsgreyhound

Football manager players rejoice. Wonder kids from south America galore
Foreign Players Coming on 22:21 - Jun 14 with 1307 viewsSwansea_Blue

We restrict foreigners full stop. And then there are some work arounds like this, because immigration is actually beneficial, but don’t go around admitting it or people will think you’re weird.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Foreign Players Coming on 10:34 - Jun 15 with 1002 viewsBigCommon

Foreign Players Coming on 22:21 - Jun 14 by Swansea_Blue

We restrict foreigners full stop. And then there are some work arounds like this, because immigration is actually beneficial, but don’t go around admitting it or people will think you’re weird.

The "work arounds" are what make some forms of immigration, beneficial to everyone.. Assuming these footballers have been scouted, assessed, identified as having an important skill set. They'll be walking straight into a paid job, and presumably supported by their clubs, for such things as accommodation, education and integration, wherever needed..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024