Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta 13:29 - Jun 23 with 3166 viewsCheltenham_Blue

with fondness?

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/june/efl-and-puma-launch-new-official-match-ball-f

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 13:32 - Jun 23 with 2393 viewsHerbivore

The Mitre Delta was the Rolls Royce of footballs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 13:34 - Jun 23 with 2369 viewsRopeyAdvice

great ball. classic
Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 14:00 - Jun 23 with 2308 viewsbelgablue

The best of the best. Remember getting one as kid and kicking against the wall so much it ended up shaped like an egg.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 14:03 - Jun 23 with 2295 viewsthe_toff

Just looking at the Mitre Delta Premier League ball makes me nostalgic. Top tier.

Yours for £60

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155519430167?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=
Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 14:08 - Jun 23 with 2284 viewsITFC_Forever

Yes, but it was no adidas Tango.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 14:43 - Jun 23 with 2233 viewsPique

My very first football, size 5 - a classic.

I did also have a lot of love for the Adidas Tango, but I never had one of those. To me the Tango was exotic, because it was used in the 1986 World Cup, whereas the Mitre Delta felt more of a domestic, bread and butter, muddy pitch in January kind of football.

TWTD.
Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 14:47 - Jun 23 with 2221 viewsWeWereZombies

No, the Delta Blues is definitely a thing...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 14:54 - Jun 23 with 2204 viewsblueprint

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 14:43 - Jun 23 by Pique

I did also have a lot of love for the Adidas Tango, but I never had one of those. To me the Tango was exotic, because it was used in the 1986 World Cup, whereas the Mitre Delta felt more of a domestic, bread and butter, muddy pitch in January kind of football.

TWTD.

The Tango was used in the 78 and 82 world cups. The Adidas Azteca was the one used in 86z
Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 14:56 - Jun 23 with 2198 viewsPique

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 14:54 - Jun 23 by blueprint

The Tango was used in the 78 and 82 world cups. The Adidas Azteca was the one used in 86z

Ah yes, you're quite right.

Although to be fair it looked very similar to the Tango.
Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 14:59 - Jun 23 with 2188 viewsBuffaloBill

Amateurs

The 1982 Wc ball was amazing, it was like sticky is the best I can describe it. Perfection in a football.

Everything else will never be the same

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 15:12 - Jun 23 with 2157 viewsthe_toff

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 14:43 - Jun 23 by Pique

TWTD.

The Mitre Ultimax was some ball.

Mid to late 90's Premier League was fantastic. It screams Bergkamp.
Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 15:18 - Jun 23 with 2143 viewsTerra_Farma

Yes, great football.

Although, my personal favourite is this BOO-T:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adidas_Tango

My least favourite was the Mitre Multiplex. It was like heading and kicking a boulder
Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 15:18 - Jun 23 with 2142 viewsnorfsufblue

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 15:12 - Jun 23 by the_toff

The Mitre Ultimax was some ball.

Mid to late 90's Premier League was fantastic. It screams Bergkamp.

I remember club l played for splashed out on an ultrimax one year for our match ball which was guarded like the crown jewellery..... otherwise it was back to the deltas🤣
Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 15:30 - Jun 23 with 2101 viewsKeno

try playing with one of these on a cold wet morning!!

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 16:01 - Jun 23 with 2067 viewsoldburian

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 15:30 - Jun 23 by Keno

I used to head that. Happy memories, at least when occasionally I do have a memory.
Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 16:04 - Jun 23 with 2053 viewsKeno

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 16:01 - Jun 23 by oldburian

I used to head that. Happy memories, at least when occasionally I do have a memory.

Getting the laces across your forehead was a very painful experience!!

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 16:09 - Jun 23 with 2048 viewsDubtractor

Poor man's Adidas Tango.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 16:27 - Jun 23 with 2023 viewsketton_itfc

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 14:08 - Jun 23 by ITFC_Forever

Yes, but it was no adidas Tango.

The Adidas Tango is the best ball ever. Nothing comes close.
Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 16:30 - Jun 23 with 2020 viewsmonkeymagic

My top 3 :
Adidas Telstar, 1974
Adidas Tango, 1982
Mitre Pro League, 1982
Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 16:40 - Jun 23 with 2003 viewsketton_itfc

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 16:30 - Jun 23 by monkeymagic

My top 3 :
Adidas Telstar, 1974
Adidas Tango, 1982
Mitre Pro League, 1982

Ah Pro League, yes that was a good un as well as Tango.
Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 17:06 - Jun 23 with 1954 viewsDeano69

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 17:06 - Jun 23 with 1953 viewsVic

Was that the one I used to dubbin and lase up when i was a boy. Used to put it beside the fire to dry after we played in the wet.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 17:08 - Jun 23 with 1950 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 16:09 - Jun 23 by Dubtractor

Poor man's Adidas Tango.

You can't compare the two. It's not even the same panel design.

Tango was designed for showboating in hot weather and to be ripped off by 99p designs that immediately went up in the air, regardless of the power you put into them.

Delta was a man's football.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 17:14 - Jun 23 with 1933 viewsblueprint

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 14:56 - Jun 23 by Pique

Ah yes, you're quite right.

Although to be fair it looked very similar to the Tango.

Yes it was almost the same with the same markings but the Azteca was patterned rather than solid.
Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 17:17 - Jun 23 with 1929 viewsVic

Is it just me that remembers the Mitre Delta on 15:30 - Jun 23 by Keno

That's the one. Proper football, unlike the feather light things they play with these days. Get hit in the face with one of those and you properly knew it.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024